• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Unofficial Official Newbie Welcome Thread

mastpiece-welcome-stones-lg.jpg

Ding-Dong-Doormat.jpeg

Scythe The Destroyer said:
I cant wait to get a version of The hunchback of Notre Damn without gargoyles. i found them jarring to the tone of the film. i found someone that took this idea on a reddit thread, but it was so harshly edited i felt the need try my hand. hopefully working with people on here i will be able to do that. i have also redone, the DBZ abridged first season into a movie version but there are some audio and credit information i need to review before i submit them.  Super excited to find this place, cant wait to start working.

I love both of those ideas. Particularly the first one. I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been a Gargoyle-less edit on the site already, it seems so obvious! My salutations to you good sir! Good luck! And welcome to fanedit.org :D

Hello everyone, newbie here. I guess this is where to introduce myself? New editor to the forums, been watching the fan edits for the last year thanks to this site for reviews. LOVE THIS SITE and FAN EDITS!!!

Just reached out with my first completed FanFix edit, and have a couple more just getting wrapped. Hope they get accepted, I think everyone will like them!

The Great Subtracter said:
Hello everyone, newbie here. I guess this is where to introduce myself? New editor to the forums, been watching the fan edits for the last year thanks to this site for reviews. LOVE THIS SITE and FAN EDITS!!!

Just reached out with my first completed FanFix edit, and have a couple more just getting wrapped. Hope they get accepted, I think everyone will like them!

Welcome to the community TGS!

We'd also like to invite you to make threads for your In The Works projects (2 max for non approved editors) and ideas in order to take full advantage of the immense resource that is the fanediting community. Glad to have you. Happy editing!

welcome! you're a great addition to the community, subtrac. . . wait a minute.

Hello!

Took a while to find this thread, sorry!

I have edited before, but never a story, so a total newbie.

I am here because Ghost in the shell (GITS) was an abomination. I waited for a while, but it seems I have to get the thing going myself. :)

My favorite films are:
-Mou gaan dou (or the original for the horrible "The Departed")
-The Killer Condom or "Condom des grauens" A B-horror movie that had H.R. Giger as a set designer, but long story short-only   the main enemy was built by him.
-Battle Royale (you might know it as a gorey base for Hunger Games)
-Kurosawa - all of it
-The Garden of Words - most beautiful anime ever

My favorite pasttimes are:
-hiking, best mate from army and nothing but a sleeping bag and vodka. The silence of nature is what makes it all worth it!
-photography
-woodworking
- using, improving and propagating the use of freeware

Best wishes!
Habe (translated as beard)

welcome, bearded one! you've found the right site for kurosawa lovers. each and every star wars fanedit is a kinda-sorta kurosawa tribute. :D

ssj said:
welcome, bearded one! you've found the right site for kurosawa lovers. each and every star wars fanedit is a kinda-sorta kurosawa tribute. :D
Thanks!

LOL!
Star Wars to Kurosawa is the same as The Departed to Mou Gaan Dou (Infernal Affairs). Movies are similar, but tempo, cutting an acting....like sunrise to sunset  :p
-Sorry, but I love and will always protect the asian way of putting stories to...blue-ray?

PS! - do argue my opinions, I believe that the truth lies in the middle of an argument, between 2 contrasting sides ;)

habe, which kurosawa movies do you favor? i've seen only 12 or so of his movies. got quite a few more to go before i see them all.

and if anyone else wants to chime in on kurosawa, please join.

ssj said:
habe, which kurosawa movies do you favor? i've seen only 12 or so of his movies. got quite a few more to go before i see them all.

and if anyone else wants to chime in on kurosawa, please join.

Probably Rashomon nad Yojimbo as individual films.

Seven Samurai on the other hand is great as a comparison tool.

Habe said:

excellent. yojimbo is pretty much at the top of my kurosawa heap.

not to tout my own schtuff, but you might be the right audience for this, so, yep, here i go touting my schtuff:
https://ifdb.fanedit.org/the-sukaiwaka-fortress/

ssj said:
Habe said:

excellent. yojimbo is pretty much at the top of my kurosawa heap.

not to tout my own schtuff, but you might be the right audience for this, so, yep, here i go touting my schtuff:
https://ifdb.fanedit.org/the-sukaiwaka-fortress/

Yojimbo is at the top of my K-list too. Not quite as cool as Yojumbo though.

ThrowgnCpr said:
Yojimbo is at the top of my K-list too. Not quite as cool as Yojumbo though.

Usagi?

They really need to make that into a movie!

that samuraibbit has an awesome topknot. . . wait a minute.

Back
Top Bottom