• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Unofficial Official Newbie Welcome Thread

ssj said:
Film Snob said:
Thanks for the welcome. I'm not really a snob btw, it's just self-deprecating humor.  :)

dude, if you're watching wong kar-wai movies, you are a snob. . . i kid, i kid!

welcome to the community!

Thanks!

I have a bad work ethic when it comes to editing, so I hope working here will keep me focused and actually produce something. Just when I was getting started the site was inaccessible last weekend but hopefully I can get going now.  :)

Welcome @"shoe" ! My foot has missed you dearly :)

Welcome to the community!

Hey all! I posted my Last Jedi fan edit idea a few days ago and just now noticed the newbie thread. Hope you're all doing well!
The Last Jedi is the first edit I've taken seriously. I had considered The Hobbit trilogy in the past but it seemed daunting at the time. The Last Jedi is a weird combination of me liking the movie casually but annoying me immensely whenever I think about it later. My edit is not meant to plug in plot holes but make the pacing faster and remove the more ridiculous and unnecessary lines/scenes.

Cheers!

Welcome EvenSteven! Glad to have you here :)

I've already been a bit active elsewhere on the forums and completely missed this thread.

Hi everyone! I'm technically a newbie when it comes to fanediting, my only experience with 'fanediting' specifically is editing together video game cinematics in a chronological order which is more of a novelty than anything. I'm also familiar with editing in general, not only through film crew camp but also through Machinima/Freelance editing through Youtube.

I'm definitely new to this site though.

Hey all, I'm new, just wanted to say hello, and that I'm looking forward to helping and sharing

Welcome! :)

200w.gif

Well so much for the new person...

The Scribbling Man said:

Thank you for the welcome! I've been on the fan edit main site for a while, just never making an account. I think it was like 2am when I finally decided to join the forums and really start checking these out. Which led me to finally get to bed near 5 am!

I've watched some of the more easily available fan edits, like the Maple Films edits and the grindhouse Star Wars edits. I like how the grindhouse edits have such a drastic change in tone and style when compared to the original. It's like being in an alternate universe where Star Wars was a campy B-movie. 
I also enjoy superhero movies. Bobson Dugnutt's Spider-Man edit looks great! I plan on watching his edit in the next day or so. 

Let me know if you have any suggestions, I am always open to watching more and sharing feedback!

Hi There,

Mursalin here. A photography lover. Happy to introduce myself.

I'd like to share my photography knowledge and learn from here too.

Thanks
Mursalin

Hey guys! Quick question as a newbie about the piracy policy. Obviously I will own a copy of anything I personally edit or download from another editor to watch. My question here is about audio in a trailer. I'm currently working on a cut of The Dark Knight and there is a version of the Joker yelling "hit me!" in one of the trailers that's amazing, but wasn't used in the final cut of the film. Would I be allowed to use the audio from that trailer in my fanedit?

Ryantology said:
Hey guys! Quick question as a newbie about the piracy policy. Obviously I will own a copy of anything I personally edit or download from another editor to watch. My question here is about audio in a trailer. I'm currently working on a cut of The Dark Knight and there is a version of the Joker yelling "hit me!" in one of the trailers that's amazing, but wasn't used in the final cut of the film. Would I be allowed to use the audio from that trailer in my fanedit?

Hello Ryantology, please PM a staff with any questions regarding the Own The Source rule. Thanks

Will do! Thanks for letting me know. 

DigModiFicaTion said:
Ryantology said:

Hello Ryantology, please PM a staff with any questions regarding the Own The Source rule. Thanks

Hi, recently signed up. Want to say I like the FE logo, very nice.

A long time ago, I had aspirations of capturing the Definitive Collector's Edition Star Wars Laserdiscs (this was before the Limited Edition DVDs that had the laserdisc versions as a bonus feature).

I had bought a Theatrix 550 capture card as soon as it came out, as it sounded amazing on paper. Unfortunately ATI was crap with drivers, and the thing couldn't capture raw video either. It automatically encoded to MPEG-2 and I had hoped to do multi-pass encoding for max quality. So I just gave up on that.

I had some aspirations toward fan editing the Prequel Trilogy as well. Software was pretty early back then, VEGAS was around 3 or 4 maybe, if that. I tried a trial/demo and the thing was so crash prone I gave up on it. I tried out a program called Cuttermaran too but audio sync issues discouraged me.

I recently found out about the Despecialized Editions (haven't watched yet) and then discovered fanedit.org. Excited to have some watchable Star Wars movies, and to maybe make some edits myself. I'll probably pick up the $20 Humble Bundle with Vegas Pro Edit 14. The Xara Photo and Graphic Design software may be the hidden treasure in that bundle.

Welcome @"WingMantis" , glad you found the community. Hopefully technology has caught up to your ideas and we get to see some fun edits from you :)

Hi all! I wanted to introduce myself as I hope to really get involved in this community, I have always had a love for fan edits and a place that takes them so seriously is just great! I created my account 5 years ago but due to a broken laptop and lack of cash it took a little bit to get back to where I can make edits myself again. Finally though, I was able to finish my first full film fan edit, which I am in the process of learning how to submit, and I look forward to sharing more and watching more of everyone else's edits!

Congratulations @"The_Doctor" . Welcome back to the obsession :)

Hi I'm fairly new to Fanediting, but have cranked out a few based on the ALIEN prequels and one for Blade Runner:2049, as well as my own fanedited 'Pseudo-Documentary' based on the Universe of Blade Runner & ALIEN films. Hoping to share with the excellent community here.

Back
Top Bottom