• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Unofficial Official Newbie Welcome Thread

Hello everyone. I'm new to the fan community and am excited to begin learning more. 

-JJ

JJFang said:
Hello everyone. I'm new to the fan community and am excited to begin learning more. 

-JJ

Welcome JJ to the collective!

Greetings!  I've been lurking here for a while, but finally made an account this summer & thought I'd introduce myself. 

I got into the fan edit scene through the elusive hunt for the Phantom Edit, and have since found so many better versions of that and many other films.  I'm particularly a fan of the Anti Cheese edit of the SW prequels, A New Hope Revisited, Empire Revisited, RotJ Remastered, the whole Despecialized series, and Smudger9's Clone Wars series.  Outside of Star Wars, my favorite fan edits have been some pulpy versions of the Shadow & the Phantom edited to look more like old B&W serials.

I've not done much fan editing myself outside of stringing a few multi-part episodes TV series together, but I'm excited to learn more as I (hopefully) move from lurker mode to active mode. 

bjooks

Welcome aboard @"bjooks" !

@"bjooks" , just know that when you go from "lurker" to "active" you'll never look at a movie the same again. I'm already planning on how to edit movies that haven't even hit theaters yet! Good luck to you and enjoy the site!

Hello! Been watching fan edits for a couple years now, but the controversy around Justice League and the DCEU in general is what finally drive me to want to make my  own, so I've decided to come out of the lurker box and join the community proper.

Welcome Crimson713. It's nice how a bad movie can justify the need to fanedit it ;)

It sucks, too, because JL has so much potential. There are some really good moments that are ruined by forced humor, terrible editing, terrible cgi, and a lackluster score. I wanted it to be great, and it was just okay. I'll probably only ever get it to "moderately enjoyable," but that's okay with me.

Hi, I'm new here. I've watched quite a few fan edits & I've decided to start doing it myself. Work I've done, but not released: 1) Recolor graded Jurassic World and reorder a few events so that the story flows more smoothly. 2) Added a deleted scene from the end of the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. 3) Added deleted/alternate scenes from the third POTC film, this was tricky because of one scene where Governor Swann goes to stab the heart Bill Nighy can be seen in his motion capture suit, I simply cut him out and reordered the events so it seems like Lord Becket is the only one in the room besides Swann and Norrington. 4) I'm currently working on Dead Men Tell No Tales, I'm making Jack less stupid and taking out needless dialogue along with replacing it with more "Jack-ism" lines. Another thing is that I've cut out where the captain gives Jack his compass, it;s already been established that he bartered it from Tia Dalma, it seems like Jack already has possession of his compass. I've got a lot that I want to do. I may do POTC On Stranger Tides, add deleted scenes to the classic 1975 Jaws, color grade Jurassic Park like the 2013 3D release, I've got a few more ideas but they are ideas for now. Anyways, thats what I've done, I'm here to learn from you pro guys, and I look forward to asking questions and asking for advice and what you guys think of my edits once I release them. Thank you all in advance!!

Neglify said:
Sup bro, I hope you like kicking it here.

dustymetal01 said:
Frank your Majesty said:
Hello. Some of you might know me from OT.com, now I'm here, too.

Welcome

Thank you. 

I'm still getting used to the layout and controls here. How can I accept a buddy request? I can see the request in my control panel, but there I can't interact with it.

JEDIT: (do you do jedits here? Anyways...)  I should probably mention that I'm on mobile, as I currently don't have internet access on my computer.

@q2 is there a way to accept a buddy request on mobile?

JEDIT: We don't typically use jedit but I'm in favor.

RETURN OF THE JEDIT: Of it.

TVs Frink said:
@q2 is there a way to accept a buddy request on mobile.

Dunno. Maybe? Theme is about ten versions old, but to update would take a few hours of work, hours I don't have.

Turn the phone sideways to landscape view, or change your browser settings to see the "desktop site" temporarily.
Lots of things are hidden in mobile in portrait view.

Yeah, I guess it can wait a week or two until I have internet access at home again. I just thought I might be missing something.

JEDIT STRIKES BACK:  switching to desktop mode did the trick. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom