• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The Unofficial Official Newbie Welcome Thread

thank you. all credit goes to my cat, who fanedits as i watch.

Video-call-computer-cats.jpeg

sometimes, when the cat's too slow, i don't even wait. i just start editing. grab it by the mousepad. you can do anything.

ThrowgnCpr said:
I wish there were a "love" button

There is.  One day, when you're old enough, I'll explain it to you.

I am a frequent poster over at originaltrilogy.com, and I thought these forums looked really awesome, so I decided to try to become an active poster here. I love movies in general, and fanediting has become of increasing interest for me over this past year. I have had so many positive experiences watching fanedits in the past and I'm very glad to be here :)

Welcome! I love these forums because I've gotten so many different perspectives on films I have strong feelings about. There's nothing better than that, in my opinion.

darthrush said:
I am a frequent poster over at originaltrilogy.com, and I thought these forums looked really awesome, so I decided to try to become an active poster here. I love movies in general, and fanediting has become of increasing interest for me over this past year. I have had so many positive experiences watching fanedits in the past and I'm very glad to be here :)

hey, amigo, welcome! AND THANK YOU AGAIN SO MUCH for your help with the sukaiwaka fortress!

darthrush helped me get a hold of the kick-ass imperial audiophile edition of the empire strikes back soundtrack.

hope to see some of your fanedits, darth!

Nice to see you here too, Mr. rush.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Really grateful for the work the editors here do to shape and alter existing works to improve or change them. 

My favorite edits are currently Derelict by JobWillins, Prometheus: Special Edition by Agent 9, Alien 3: Q2 Edition by Q2, Under the Red Hood Uncanny Antman edit, Icarus by Last Survivor, Star Wars Episode III: Dark Force Rising by Kerr, and Lord of the Rings Red Book edition volumes 1-6 by Kerr.

Hi everybody new member here. I was originally drawn in by finding the Man of Tomorrow edit  by job willins on vimeo that cut Man of Steel and Batman V Superman into one film. I'm a huge DC comics fan and really disliked bvs. But now thanks to the miracle of fan editing I have a copy of the film I can actually watch.  If anyone has any fan edit recommendations superhero related I'd love to hear them. Glad to be part of this community and hope to see you guys around.

Hello all, just joined yesterday.  I recently became aware and watched the "Dune" (1984) remastering v3 that makes it much more like the book (I've read all of them), and I also enjoyed the officially labeled "Director's Cut" fanedit of "Raising Cain" (1992) released on BluRay which was excellent.  I also have and plan on watching sometime the fanedit of Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me with all the deleted footage.  I'm a big David Lynch fan and have all of Twin Peaks on VHS, DVD and BluRay.

Although I've never done anything but the most rudimentary editing in software such as Womble, I'm working on my first fanedit.  I have no idea if I'd ever be motivated to do more fanedits, as this one was personally important enough for me to go through all this effort and I can't think of anything else out there I feel as strongly about.

I haven't revealed what I'm faneditting yet, but I will soon in the "IN-THE-WORKS" section.  It's already in the works and I've created a couple minutes preview but one of my primary motivations for what I'm doing is for this title to have subtitles - there are zero existing subtitles anywhere on Earth for the particular version of the title.  As soon as I finish the subtitles for the preview and stick a disclaimer and perhaps an apology to the director at the beginning, I'll post it up.

I have no idea if there is any demand at all for the particular fanedit I'm working on.  This version of this title has never received remastering and exists only in 4:3, and as I said, with no subtitles.  However, the director would probably be against this being made, so I feel it's rather taboo.

But since I want it, and my wife wants it, maybe someone else in the world wants it too.  I don't care about anything except for sharing it with anyone else who would be interested.

I'm using Sony Vegas 13, and of course some free tools.  All my life (not young) I enjoy picking up a new to me program and just figuring it out myself.  Same has gone with editing video.  What I couldn't figure out I Googled and eventually found the answer to.  I originally just barely touched the idea of this project almost a year ago but just picked it up again in the last couple of weeks.  It took me at least a week trying different programs before I settled on Sony Vegas 13.

FYI, I still haven't finished reading the rules - I got started but at least four links I tried to follow that were in the rules were broken, but I will finish reading the rules before posting a preview, and find the threads that the rules were linking to and read those too.

Cheers!

welcome, road warrior! subs... you have me intrigued.

roirraWedorehT said:
FYI, I still haven't finished reading the rules - I got started but at least four links I tried to follow that were in the rules were broken, but I will finish reading the rules before posting a preview, and find the threads that the rules were linking to and read those too.

Sorry about that, I assume you're talking about the links on this page?

https://www.fanedit.org/long-rules/

I'll look into it.

ssj said:
welcome, road warrior! subs... you have me intrigued.

Thank you very much! I'm mostly nervous posting about something the director feels so strongly against, but I'll get over it.

TVs Frink said:
roirraWedorehT said:

Sorry about that, I assume you're talking about the links on this page?

https://www.fanedit.org/long-rules/

I'll look into it.

Oh, no problem, thank you! It was actually a rules thread, I don't think it looked like what you linked to. I'm mobile now but in just a little bit if you like, in the spirit of the site I'd gladly provide all the details of the bad links, what the good links should be if I can find them...

Well, the one I linked to is now fixed (thanks @"Q2").  If you can point us to the one you saw we can look at that one too.

TVs Frink said:
Well, the one I linked to is now fixed (thanks @"Q2").  If you can point us to the one you saw we can look at that one too.

Thanks!

My fault!  I could've sworn it was a Rules thread.  It was the Advice and Help For New Fan Editors thread.

In section 1 first paragraph "[font=Raleway, sans-serif]rules of this site[/font]" is broken.  In the second paragraph, "[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Own the Source Rule[/font]".

In section 2 last paragraph "[font=Raleway, sans-serif]TV Frink's Guide to Sensible Posting[/font]".

In section 3 first paragraph "[font=Raleway, sans-serif]First-Time Faneditor Submission Form".[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]In section 4 second paragraph "[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Admin".[/font][/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]That's as far as I got, but I can review the rest and let you know if it would help any.[/font]

Yeah, that's a few years old and the site redesign made the link addresses incorrect.  Perhaps someday it will be fixed...perhaps.

That's cool - I figured there was a good reason why the links were broken.  Thank you, though!

Hello everyone,

I joined yesterday and have already come across multiple projects that are very interesting. I have been doing some editing of videos but up until now they have been mainly passion projects for my own entertainment and showing to friends. I cant wait to get a version of The hunchback of Notre Damn without gargoyles. i found them jarring to the tone of the film. i found someone that took this idea on a reddit thread, but it was so harshly edited i felt the need try my hand. hopefully working with people on here i will be able to do that. i have also redone, the DBZ abridged first season into a movie version but there are some audio and credit information i need to review before i submit them.  Super excited to find this place, cant wait to start working.

Back
Top Bottom