• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The Unofficial Official Newbie Welcome Thread

Hello,

New to the site and fan edits in general, but so far from what I can tell, the community seems to be awesome.  

I am working on my first fan film, where I combined Man of Steel and Batman v Superman into one, 2 hour and 20 min, film.  I saw one of the editors did this idea already, but I mainly took inspiration from how disappointed I was in BVS.  Wanted to rearrange some scenes, take out some weird mannerisms by Jesse's performance as Lex, and color grade each shot to enhance the colors.  I posted a link below to a small little trailer I put together.

I've seen a lot of talented people on this site so far.  Greetings, once again and I can't wait to continue on with learning and growing as an editor.

welcome to the site !

you're doing a fan edit though.  not a fan film.  that's a whole other bird.

best of luck on your project.

Thank for clearing that up. Haha sorry about that.  Yes, I meant fan edit.  But I'm also a filmmaker, and I'm also working on a Batman parody called The Dark Plight, and you're right. It's a whole other bird.  Fan edit has been a challenge so far, but it's a lot of fun to see just how much an edit can change everything.

welcome, firemerk! life vests are located under the. . . oh, phark. where do we keep the life vests?

FireMerk said:
Hello,

New to the site and fan edits in general, but so far from what I can tell, the community seems to be awesome.  

I am working on my first fan film, where I combined Man of Steel and Batman v Superman into one, 2 hour and 20 min, film.  I saw one of the editors did this idea already, but I mainly took inspiration from how disappointed I was in BVS.  Wanted to rearrange some scenes, take out some weird mannerisms by Jesse's performance as Lex, and color grade each shot to enhance the colors.  I posted a link below to a small little trailer I put together.

I've seen a lot of talented people on this site so far.  Greetings, once again and I can't wait to continue on with learning and growing as an editor.

Velcome!

I just joined the other day but have been frequenting  the main page for years, I'm big fan of fan edits. I've always wanted to make one. Thanks for a great site and to all the fan editors I appreciate your handwork and dedication.

I just wanted to say hello...again.

I'm not really new, but I have been away for some time now.  Over the past year or so, I've switched jobs once, apartments twice, and started a new relationship.  I also went through a broken computer and subsequent loss of all my data.  Needless to say I have done absolutely zero editing during that time.

Now that life is somewhat back to normal, my interest in editing and this lovely hobby called fanediting has been renewed.  I would just like to express that I really missed this forum and the friendly community that populates it.  I look forward to our future communications and I hope to actually complete a project this time around.

Thanks and cheers

slekyr (formerly, KobaKommander)

/\ welcome back @"slekyr" !
i hope it was an upgrade to your job / apartment / relationship / computer.

I believe it's all of that, as I heard a rumor that he got a job living in a computer that he's dating.

TVs Frink said:
I believe it's all of that, as I heard a rumor that he got a job living in a computer that he's dating.
Who told you!?!?! ;)

Shes-Not-Just-A-Computer-Joaquin-Phoenix-Her.gif

@"baileym43", it was an upgrade on everything except the computer.  I just have a basic Windows laptop now, it doesn't handle editing HD video very well, I'll probably stick with SD edits until I can afford to buy a better machine.

EDIT: removed GIF.  Do GIFs not work the same way they used to on the old forum?  I feel very daft at the moment.
EDITx2: Figured it out, thanks Frink

GIFs work the same.

ju0tngv6doiqtkxfgpsb.gif

I pushed one of them newfangled Amazon buttons.

TVs Frink said:
GIFs work the same.

It must have been the link because I tried a different one and it worked that time.  Thanks for the help.

new one here! I was wondering if anyone can post a review, couldnt find a way to do it. Sorry if it is not the place to ask  :p

Hello!

I joined the forum back in February but was actually nervous about being a part of such a thing like this. But now that I've been working on fan edits in private, I felt like it was time to join this brother(and sister?)hood of fanediting.

Either way, I can't wait to start contributing to this little community :)

kidjupiter92 said:
I joined the forum back in February but was actually nervous about being a part of such a thing like this.

the initiation rituals can be severe. an eye for an eye, a kidney for a kidney.

kidjupiter92 said:
I felt like it was time to join this brother(and sister?)hood of fanediting.

mostly a brotherhood.
welcome to the mostly brotherhood, 92nd kid from jupiter!

M
ssj said:
kidjupiter92 said:
I joined the forum back in February but was actually nervous about being a part of such a thing like this.

the initiation rituals can be severe. an eye for an eye, a kidney for a kidney.

kidjupiter92 said:
I felt like it was time to join this brother(and sister?)hood of fanediting.

mostly a brotherhood.
welcome to the mostly brotherhood, 92nd kid from jupiter!

Thanks for the welcome, ssj!

Great work on Fortress, by the way. I read an article on it recently and I look to forward to viewing it in the future.

Back
Top Bottom