• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Thread for Art & Art Appreciation

Avatar-Captain-Cutler-Image-2017.png

In the midst of rigging, retexturing, and posing the Scooby-Doo monsters.

Wilde Thing

dc9udjb-2e0ca027-8827-4992-99fb-0126da2ee9e4.png

Whipped this up last year. IIRC, I was trying to achieve an anaglyphic effect by my lonesome, but it failed to work, so I tailored it into some pseudo-Lichtensteinian crap piece. Dunno how much artistic value it has, but I like it.

a_nightmare_on_elm_street____the_beautiful_dream_by_duracellenergizer-d878r6u.jpg

This is a film poster for an alternate seventh Nightmare on Elm Street film I plan on plan on writing whenever I get around to it (no, that isn't a typo).

Yeah, none too pleased with this effort. Warps in the paper aside, it's incredibly crude. Perhaps I should try my hand at it again; I have made incremental improvements as an artist in the years since I drew this.

At risk of making it too busy, right now I feel the background is too sparse and needs more stuff, but Kirby Tech is hard.  I can't fathom how Jack's mind worked, how he just thought of such complex images.

suspiciouscoffee said:
At risk of making it too busy, right now I feel the background is too sparse and needs more stuff, but Kirby Tech is hard.  I can't fathom how Jack's mind worked, how he just thought of such complex images.

Quoth the Alanis, he was "a sliver of God on a platter".

As usual, your work is awesome and FUN looking!  :cool:

I wanted to give you some tips that may or may not help:
Looks like you were trying some line weight on the left characters arms? Do more of that in your work. And you could add some texturing or shading to the right dudes cape, either with pencil, black pencil crayon, black crayon or pen cross hatching, or just make it black and leave some white lines where you currently have lines within the cape, to give him some separation from the background. You might remove the black blob behind his right pinky/ring finger as his hand is almost dissapearing into the background. Do you have a set of binoculars? Look thru them the wrong way with your picture in front of it (so it looks smaller not bigger), check to see that the objects you are wanting us to see most/first are still visible thru the binoculars (this is how I do a makeshift reduction lens, adjust focus for as much sharpness as you can get and try to fill the whole drawing into view), if not then bring those parts out more either with more line wieght or shading and contrast, it could take some practice but you might find this makes things pop more and easier/faster to look at/digest/understand ect.

XyofQK1.jpg

Five to go.  A ghost, the Green Ghost, the Tar Monster, the Witch Doctor, and Space Kook.  Then I'm calling it quits.

I've also made a world for these guys to live in.

worldscoobywooshauntedavatarsima.png

Earliest "Surviving" Fan Art

[img=609x445]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca8...5585cd9-3c98-4ead-9895-3575def9dbda.png[/img]

Today my mother and I were going through old family photos, and I came upon one from November 1992. In the photo was this painting I made in my kindergarten class. It's a depiction of Batman (though here he looks more like a winking rabbit ninja) with a rainbow and police car in the background.

All the art I made prior to 2003's been lost, so it's nice to still have this as a dim reminder of my artistic part.

Mc58Ojal.jpg

Here's a lame page I started.  And in case you can't read that headline in the first panel, it says "40 CAKES STOLEN"

lexluthorcakes.jpg

This Show Ain't No Good

this_show_ain_t_no_good_by_duracellenergizer-dc5y713.gif

Try as I might, I couldn't get the animation right.

This popped on my tumblr. I knew I had to share it here somewhere.

Crime of the Old Century

crime_of_the_old_century_by_duracellenergizer_d937ryf-pre.png

A traditional collage that's been altered digitally. I'd provide the original for comparison, but sadly I don't have it or a copy in my possession any longer.

p7EjDCml.jpg

You think Ditko deliberately designed the suit with webbing patterns to be as frustrating as possible?

Back
Top Bottom