• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Thread for Art & Art Appreciation

Duragizer said:
Earth-356 Superman

earth_356_superman_by_duracellenergizer_dczyzpj-fullview.jpg

I think I made the head a little too big.

[EDIT]

Fixed the head.

Big fan of the yellow trim on the boots.

Go stand in front of a mirror with your arm behind your head like in the first panel and see how the arm branches out of the body, how you've done it is off a bit with the ball you've drawn for the shoulder sticking out almost disjointed looking.
Panel 2 could use some tidying and detail.
Panels 4-8 are wicked and I love the angles/framing but I'm not sure if I am looking at a spaceship, radio or camera, so maybe that object needs some clarity/tidying.

Very finely laid out page though, rock on!

A 3D model, re-textured, re-rigged, and posed by me.
z8eeFZ7.png

I wasn't fond of the proportions of the head and right shoulder of my Supes pic, so I made some more adjustments. Kinda looks like Clint Eastwood in a Superman costume now, but it's more symmetrical.

It's been some months now that I'm trying to make visuals for posters, shirts, etc.
(well, I DO make them, I'm more trying to sell them, lol)

I am pretty proud of this one that was officially approved by alfredhitchcock.com (that's why I can use their logo)
So it can be called an official fan art.

50673161_231945281089252_6505831475739361280_n.jpg

I love it! A classy and precisely distilled work. Hard to look away to type this.

I want to draw something extravagant  I need suggestions.

An antique clock. Or how about a faberge egg?

My quick-and-dirty rendering of Bizarro:

earth_356_bizarro_by_duracellenergizer_dd04tms-fullview.jpg

The inverted shading on the torso looks like ass. Probably should fix that when I'm in a less lazy mood.

[EDIT]

Laziness semi-rectified.

IMG_20190218_190659.jpg

My first payment on Ko-fi was to touch up my Michael Myers picture. I'm not done yet, I'd like to ink it (fancy terminology, ooooh), I just need to get my hands on a pen.

Have you tried pigma microns? Can't go wrong with those. the same guys make nice archival ink brush pens, perfect for bold lines. They aren't cheap, but they're the only pens I can count on for inking, anything else=problems.

^Those are what I have.  Well, as of week before last anyway.  Before that I would make do with whatever cheap ballpoint pens I had on hand, which I do not recommend.

I'll just make use of whatever pen I have lol I don't have money

Random assortment of 3D models I've made adjustments to and posed.
DrXIUvU.jpg

IDW is putting out an artist's edition of much of Walt Simonson's Star Wars work.  If only I could just drop $125 on this pre-order.

D0Bly2nX4AEsjcO

Compare 'n' contrast old 'n' new.

Blondes a Poppin'

d3bi66u-03397dc8-5d81-40d9-abf6-f1c338123c8c.png

Poppin'

dd0nrnv-5d915dd4-e61b-41d3-b698-492e5f7b5048.png

Back
Top Bottom