• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Thread for Art & Art Appreciation

Here's a thing I started.  It's not turning out anything like I wanted.  I think I'll either start over or just leave it.

IMG-6029.jpg

suspiciouscoffee said:
Is this a safe space to admit that Rob Liefeld's grown on me some?

A doctor would probably be able to remove that for you.

Liefeld may have improved some since the '90s, but I still don't like his style. I don't like Jim Lee's style, either. Or Todd McFarlane's.

First off, that Liefeld Superman is low key kinda hot.

Second off, that one drawing isn't enough to redeem Rob for me. I will always associate his drawings with silly. 

Third, you take that back, Todd McFarlane us best artist. 
(actually, funny you mention that, my father was just telling me the other day about how, upon revisiting Spawn, he realized that Todd McFarlane’s art isn't as good as he remembered, and that he preferred his writing over his arting.)

jrWHAG42 said:
First off, that Liefeld Superman is low key kinda hot.

Second off, that one drawing isn't enough to redeem Rob for me. I will always associate his drawings with silly. 

I never said it "redeemed" him.  Plus, there's other work of his I like (such as a backup story he drew in an issue of Walt Simonson's Orion run back in '01 or so).  And he is, at least, self-aware regarding the silliness.

emq82amnqxo01.jpg

But yeah, a lot of his 90's output is just bad.

That was just my opinion, you're welcome to yours.

IMG_20190214_092607.jpg

I drew everyone's favorite hero, Daredevil. That being said, I know nothing about Daredevil, I'm not a fan or anything, I just doodled a face in class, realized it could be Daredevil, and edited it slightly to look more like him.

Handman said:
It is somewhat phallic in appearance.

I realized that, I hoped it was just my own dirty mind. I swear it wasn't intentionally phallic.

I've since inked that and posted it to Twitter.

IMG-6131.jpg

Something happened when I posted it.

IMG-6136.jpg

IMG-6134.jpg

And, holy shit, yes, that really is him.

I like it!  If you want some critical feedback, perhaps try scaling the characters a bit more.  Isn't the Thing supposed to be a bit larger than Dr. Doom?  To show that, try placing the Thing's eye level a bit above Doom's rather than a bit below.  A bit nitpicky, I know.

Handman said:
I like it!  If you want some critical feedback, perhaps try scaling the characters a bit more.  Isn't the Thing supposed to be a bit larger than Dr. Doom?  To show that, try placing the Thing's eye level a bit above Doom's rather than a bit below.  A bit nitpicky, I know.

Uhhh, he's on a stool, actually.

IMG-6137.jpg

Superman (Earth 1938)

earth_356_superman_by_duracellenergizer_dczyzpj-fullview.jpg

I think I made the head a little too big.

[EDIT]

Fixed the head.

Back
Top Bottom