• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The Thread for Art & Art Appreciation

ii35bxOl.jpg

Sue's face and hands are awful, as is Ben's everything-but-the-cigar, but here's the Fantastic Four.

I think sue's hands work just fine, all those hands are pretty fucking good! At least your drawing their hands, I often try to avoid drawing them.

Do you have a tracing table or a window? You could trace all of sue but her eyes, nose, lips and cheek shading and then redraw her face to your satisfaction, just so you've done it since it sounds like you aren't satisfied with her face. I'd say her neck is too 'manly' but then I probably tend to draw womens necks too thin.

The things cigar is wicked!

Keep posting!

The General (1926)

It's a fair film, and I don't regret watching it, but I tend to agree with the audiences of 1926; one of the greatest American films ever made, it ain't.

6/10

Glass (2019)

It's weighed down a bit by Shyamalan's particular screenwriting idiosyncracies, and Dunn deserved more dignified treatment towards the end, but overall, I found it a satisfying conclusion to the Unbreakable trilogy. The world could do with more low-key superhero movies like this one.

7/10

The Terminal (2004)

A bit schmaltzy at times, and Stanley Tucci's and Catherine Zeta-Jones' characters felt rather needless (the narrative didn't warrant an antagonist or love interest), but I liked the movie anyway.

7/10

Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)

First two times I watched this film, I found a handful of scenes mildy amusing but was otherwise left scratching my head at all the praise it's received. Third time must be the charm, though, 'cause now I finally "get it". The movie's still a bit long-winded, but I'm finally able to appreciate it now.

7/10

The Hunger Games (2018)

Perhaps it's just my crush on Jennifer Lawrence speaking, but in spite of the cloying Millennial vibe, I really, really, really like the movie. Wes Bentley's beard, Lenny Kravitz's eyeliner, and that blue-haired ponce can all go straight to fucking Hell, though.

8/10

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)

In spite of featuring more ugly old people, this sequel feels even more Millennial than its predecessor. Funny. I don't like it as much, either.

7/10

Murder on the Orient Express (2017)

Only watched it to see if Daisy Ridley was capable of playing a likable character. Frankly, this film failed to convince me either way, 'cause every character who wasn't Arliss Loveless Hercule Poirot was walking, talking set dressing for this overblown, self-aggrandizing picture.

6/10

100% BEEF (2013)

Only watched it to see if Daisy Ridley was capable of playing a likable character. Was not disappointed.

5/10

Twilight of the Ice Nymphs (1997)

Pascale Bussières and the voice of Ross McMillan are terrible leads, and the picture tends to run a tad boring whenever their characters are on-screen, but it is wonderfully bizarre and visually entrancing, as all Guy Maddin films tend to be to some extent or another. Plus Shelley Duvall drives a large nail through Frank Gorshin's skull. How could I dislike any movie featuring such a scene?

7/10

The Heart of the World (2000)

I haven't a gotdang clue what the plot is, and I don't care. Give me more of that German Expressionist/Soviet-style filmmaking, Maddin; my body is ready.

9/10

Rogue-theX said:
I think sue's hands work just fine, all those hands are pretty fucking good! At least your drawing their hands, I often try to avoid drawing them.

Do you have a tracing table or a window? You could trace all of sue but her eyes, nose, lips and cheek shading and then redraw her face to your satisfaction, just so you've done it since it sounds like you aren't satisfied with her face. I'd say her neck is too 'manly' but then I probably tend to draw womens necks too thin.

The things cigar is wicked!

Keep posting!

Thanks a lot.  I'm gonna be busy for a while so I don't know when I'll post again, but I'll try not to keep you waiting too long ?

Finally scanned in these drawings I did of the Three Doctors a few months ago.

v0XQWw8.jpg

p00v50ln.jpg

Now I can digitize and color them in... eventually.

^ Love it! Right, draw them all now please. :)

I absolutely love those drawings, Handman.

TM2YC said:
^ Love it! Right, draw them all now please. :)

I really have a fondness for the first four and Capaldi.  But I suppose I could try.  After I finish with the digital versions of the second and third Doctors.

Last month I visited a small, abandoned cemetery. Here're the best photos I took of the property and nearby locations:

asleep_in_jesus_by_duracellenergizer_dd7u2rv-pre.jpg

the_fellow_sufferer_understands_by_duracellenergizer_dd7ua5j-pre.jpg

lichenous_kanji_i_by_duracellenergizer_dd7u5vw-pre.jpg

lichenous_kanji_ii_by_duracellenergizer_dd7u6ea-pre.jpg

lichenous_kanji_iii_by_duracellenergizer_dd7u6w6-pre.jpg

life_in_death_by_duracellenergizer_dd7u7kj-pre.jpg

purgatory_by_duracellenergizer_dd7u8zr-pre.jpg

the_remembered_dead_by_duracellenergizer_dd7ubk1-pre.jpg

till_he_come__peace_perfect_peace__by_duracellenergizer_dd7uc7g-pre.jpg

orchard_cabin_by_duracellenergizer_dd7u8aq-pre.jpg

the_last_enemy_by_duracellenergizer_dd7uamg-pre.jpg

the_pearly_gates_by_duracellenergizer_dd7ub3c-pre.jpg

Handman said:
Any idea on why it was abandoned?

A portion of the subsoil's hardpan. That and the property's only about an acre large to begin with. The newest graves all date from the mid '70s.

I'm surprised no one tends to them.  Though I suppose there are these kinds of abandoned grave-sites all over the country.  Really eerie to think.

Handman said:
I'm surprised no one tends to them.

Oh, the town definitely keeps the grounds in good condition. The grass is kept short and there're a couple benches which were placed there within the last decade.

The 2nd to last photo reminds me of a Van Gogh painting.

EDIT: Someone tell me if any of those are showing up, because they aren’t for me.
EDIT2: Got it

Some photos I took about a month ago one rainy evening.

eki4KRF.jpg

w48lMoN.jpg

sTRK13N.jpg

Captain America is worthy (but I am not because I thought inking every damn scale on his costume was a good use of time)

DccrApj.jpg

The Third Doctor
lDcLBEb.png

I have become rather unsatisfied with the drawing I did of the Second Doctor, so I'll have to redo that one.  But I'm rather satisfied with the Hanna-Barbara look for the Third Doctor.

Why hasn't Scooby Who been made yet? With all the Scooby Doo crossovers throughout the years, that could be pretty sweet.
Just thought of this because you referred to the look of your drawing as Hannah Barbara esque.

Here's a podracing board game I'm working on (started it a while ago), just need to try it out with someone to check the rules and write them down in the blank space on the right:
HeMgcuk.jpg

I based it on some old racing board games and a map of the tatooine track.

Back
Top Bottom