• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Thread for Art & Art Appreciation

Rogue-theX said:
Here's a podracing board game I'm working on (started it a while ago), just need to try it out with someone to check the rules and write them down in the blank space on the right:
HeMgcuk.jpg

I based it on some old racing board games and a map of the tatooine track.

looks beautiful.

Masirimso17 said:
@"bionicbob" That looks absolutely amazing!

...??? me thinks you have mistaken me for someone else....  :huh: :p

bionicbob said:
Masirimso17 said:
@"bionicbob" That looks absolutely amazing!

...??? me thinks you have mistaken me for someone else....  :huh: :p

Oh crap, not again!!! :(

Okay I seriously need to stop confusing people's profile pics in correlation with their usernames! I meant @"Rogue-theX" of course!

I'm so sorry, I feel so stupid now

Thanks for the kind words, guys  :)

All done, I think:
MpG7nw8.jpg

Be my guest if anyone wants to print it off and use it, make sure you can read everything if you do, the original is aprx 16.5x11.5".

Superman: Universe One (WIP)

superman__universe_one__wip__by_duracellenergizer_dd9an7q-fullview.jpg

I've decided to go for the gusto and flesh my Superman drawing out into a detailed poster complete with members of his supporting cast and rogues gallery. I inked Supes, correcting some of the flaws in the original image, and have begun adding in the other figures. Once the drawing's complete, I'll clean up the line work as best I can then colour it.

This'll be the most detailed drawing I've ever worked on. Either it'll turn out successfully (*crosses fingers*) or a disappointing failure, like all my other attempts at semi-professional artwork.

Holy smokes, thats kick ass, great anatomy and elegant rendering.

Current state of my Superman drawing:

dd9f4s2-3639ca71-da1c-4a35-aa3f-d28413413f6a.png

The "new" Brainiac is a real bitch to draw. I'm gonna have to take my time with him.

suspiciouscoffee said:
Reminds me of John Byrne.

Yep, he was one reference used.

5f4b9097af7b0b1c6fbf781a8ed6f06d.jpg

I swiped the cape from here, though.

3225231cf40616be5984ce9c613844f1.jpg

And I modelled the face after Kerry Gammill's.

ZSNGKnc1_170419190853lola.jpg

dd9isih-94b9456a-d2f1-4421-9f05-7e98c399be9f.png

Drawing's 55% complete.

Can't say I like the job I did on the honeycomb pattern on Brainiac's skull. Guess I'll take the requisite shortcut and find some honeycomb clip art off the 'Net I can use in its place.

In case you're open to critique...

The only thing I'd nitpick is the thighs on Supes seem overly rendered and lumpy, which leads to a little confusion about where his kneecaps are supposed to be, and makes his silhouette a bit less elegant than it could be. I think you could revisit the outline of the thighs using a different reference image and that would help a lot, since the Byrne image you posted does lean a little bit in that direction as well.

If you're replacing the honeycomb pattern, try to find something with a spherical warp on the edges to hint at the 3d shape, at the moment it looks pretty flat, and that might be what's disappointing you about it.

Really nice work overall.

Back
Top Bottom