• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The Emotional Support Thread

"If there are self-made purgatories, then we all have to live in them."

suspiciouscoffee said:
Things suck and I am shit.

While the first is probably true, the second is almost certainly not.

For the past couple hours, my sister has been suffering abdominal pain and vaginal bleeding. She just now drove off for the hospital.

This is all their fault. Even after the guy left to visit his family, they continued antagonizing her, stressing her out even after she repeatedly told them to stop. Now she might be having a miscarriage because of their evil. Goddamn them for this.

I hope that one day you two can rid yourselves of them.

Y'know, after hearing about my father's cancer diagnosis, I deep some deep soul-searching, prayed to God to help me find it within me to forgive my father for all the ills he subjected upon me growing up. And to my surprise, I managed to find it. After years of harbouring anger and hatred and resentment, I forgave him. But now it's all coming back, and not just towards him, but towards my mother, too. I could forgive them both for keeping me from celebrating birthdays and teaching me to be ashamed of my own sexuality, but this — I don't know if I can forgive them this.

Jesus.  I'm so sorry.

EDIT: Was replying to the post you made earlier but it still applies.

My sister got back from the hospital. She miscarried.

I was quick to blame my parents, but she did do some heavy lifting the day before we found out she was pregnant; it was cramps and pink urine which made her suspect she was pregnant in the first place. Perhaps it just took 'til now for the full effects to make themselves known.

I was an uncle, my parents were grandparents, and my sister was a mother for all of four days. We'll all just have to bear with it and learn from this unholy experience.

This is all very unsettling and saddening to hear... 
I'm so sorry for you and your sister to have to deal with these "parents" and to now go through all this...

It wasn't long ago that one of my friends got pregnant after already suffering two miscarriages, only for this to turn out wrong as well. It's really devastating... 

I hope your sister eventually manages to recover from the loss, and the expirience as a whole...

I’m am so sorry to hear of your sister’s miscarriage,  Duragizer.  That is just horrible.  I don’t know what to say.  You’re in my thoughts and prayers.

I've been having panic attacks constantly lately and I don't know exactly why. They are coming so frequently these days I'm just a walking bundle of nerves who can't enjoy anything about my life. Enormous amount of stress on me at work,  at home I'm just depressed and nervous about nothing.  I'm ready for my life to be over,  i haven't really been living for a long time.

Sucks to hear that, Possessed. Know that I'm pulling for you.

i am so sorry duracell. 

and possessed... have you been seeking out professional help? i've got no idea how to fight panic attacks. and how have you been in terms of drinking? and it makes me sad to read that you haven't been living for a long time. you've made me smile at times very other people managed to and i'll always be thankful to you for that. please take care of yourself.

So my sister went back to the hospital today. Got some mixed news. It may be that she didn't suffer a miscarriage; she could still be pregnant, just with some bleeding, or she may have an ectopic pregnancy. She has to return to the hospital again tomorrow for more tests.

My drinking is real bad these days,  and I've no doubt it's making it worse but I've lost the will and the power to fight it. 

I'm so sorry to hear all this Duracell. I hope your family can pick up the pieces as best you can and find some peace.

I’m truly sorry that everyone has so many struggles they’re going through. I’ve had a helluva year. Complete mental breakdown followed by a forced six month medical leave from work. Not my best year. I’m starting to pull myself out of it but it’s a daily struggle. Things are getting at the very least manageable though and I very much hope the same happens for you. Happy Holidays if you celebrate them and I simply just hope you’re all well and that things start to look up if you don’t. I leave a standing offer to anyone if they ever need to reach out to talk.

Back
Top Bottom