• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Terminator Salvation: The Essential Edition

DVD DLC has been replaced. Should work now. Sorry for all the confusion.

Dude, I noticed some audio dropouts early on, when Marcus & Co. are first attacked in the jeep. Happens 2 or 3 times for maybe 1-2 seconds each time. I haven't made it through the whole edit yet, but this was something I noticed right away. I had to go back and watch the sequence again to be sure.

jamiemark said:
Dude, I noticed some audio dropouts early on, when Marcus & Co. are first attacked in the jeep. Happens 2 or 3 times for maybe 1-2 seconds each time. I haven't made it through the whole edit yet, but this was something I noticed right away. I had to go back and watch the sequence again to be sure.

Complete audio drop outs or in specific channels? If it's specific channels (center channel more specifically) then it's intentional to remove dialog.

The sound is completely gone for those few seconds. I can't hear any background noise or anything else.

jamiemark said:
The sound is completely gone for those few seconds. I can't hear any background noise or anything else.

Well that's weird. Can you give me an exact time? That shouldn't happen, and I didn't notice anything on my copy.

Wow, this movie is cursed! Spence's copy didn't have the problem that others reported as well...

:shock:

TV's Frink said:
Wow, this movie is cursed! Spence's copy didn't have the problem that others reported as well...

Now, now, now. The first problem was my fault with the uploading (and only the AVCHD version at that initially). This problem has only been reported once. I watch through all my edits and a complete audio drop out is something I would have caught.

I went back and watched both car chases on my DVD copy. The first is in the truck just after they leave LA, and the other is just after leaving the gas station. There are no audio drop outs that I'm hearing.

My sneaking suspicion is that it is an audio configuration error. I'll know for sure once I have an exact time to look at.

Oh my God! you're right TVF! CURSED!!!! :eek:
I started downloading it and my town got an earthquake and on top of the that, the G20!
coincidence? :-?

'Twas just a joke, thunder. I should have said ;) or :p or :wink: or :p .

:p

TV's Frink said:
'Twas just a joke, thunder. I should have said ;) or :p or :wink: or :p .

:p

I know you were. ;)

Wait, does that winky mean you didn't know?

:wink:

thunderclap said:
jamiemark said:

Well that's weird. Can you give me an exact time? That shouldn't happen, and I didn't notice anything on my copy.

-27:29
-27:40
-27:46

If these are instances where the audio has been cut to get rid of dialogue, I don't think it works. It's really noticeable because the gaps are so close to one another.
Just my opinion though.

Are you listening in 5.1 or Stereo? While it is more apparent in stereo (at least the first one, I can barely pick up the second and can't pick up the third at all) audio doesn't drop out completely and I don't feel it's too distracting. Anyone else care to weigh in?

[youtube:2sxo6ils]

TV's Frink said:

I'm still not so sure of that...

thunderclap said:
Anyone else care to weigh in?
I think it's mostly okay, but I'd say that the spot where Kyle speaks after ramming into another car definitely could have used a bit of replacement sound to fill the gap. Just a smidge. :)

ThrowgnCpr said:
TV's Frink said:

Yeah, I was trying to be diplomatic. That whole thing is very frustrating.

TV's Frink said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
[quote="TV']Wow, this movie is cursed! Spence's copy didn't have the problem that others reported as well...

Yeah, I was trying to be diplomatic. That whole thing is very frustrating.[/quote:2wox6vhx]

Look what you started... :p

DwightFistPump.gif

thunderclap said:
Are you listening in 5.1 or Stereo? While it is more apparent in stereo (at least the first one, I can barely pick up the second and can't pick up the third at all) audio doesn't drop out completely and I don't feel it's too distracting. Anyone else care to weigh in?

I noticed it in 5.1 and stereo. It's much more apparent on the DVD disc I burned than on that Youtube clip. Either way, no biggie, I just know most faneditors are perfectionists so I though I'd point it out.

Edited...see below...

Back
Top Bottom