• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

SW Ep II: Attack of the Ridiculousness (New 14th Month Anniversary DVD Now Available)

Barely on-topic but so worth it.

the kids dug it! (not the movie, but the trench in our backyard. gotta earn their keep, juknow?)

seriously, they dug the movie. funny to hear the name "tv's frink" roll so effortlessly from their vocal chambers.

So for Father's Day last week, I got to pick the viewing choice for the evening, so I picked TRM. My teenage stepson enjoyed re-watching it so much, he suggested that we watch AotR within the coming week, so we did. (This was his first viewing of that.)

We laughed ourselves hoarse at both movies, of course. :)

My son's favorite parts of TRM were when Boss Nass kept interrupting Qui-Gon with his blubbering, then abruptly went back to smiling as though nothing had happened; and when Qui-Gon kept contacting Obi-Wan and Panaka back at the ship, only to promptly switch off his communicator on them. 

His favorite parts of AotR were Obi-Wan jumping out the window and missing the droid completely; Obi-Wan saying "Yes, thank you" to the offer of death sticks; and Anakin's "I don't like sand" nightmare.

In both cases, of course, a lot of other stuff got laughs, but those were the things that got mentioned repeatedly after the viewings. We even had to rewind Obi-Wan falling from the window several times. :D

A few quick questions:

When Obi-Wan screams at Qui-Gon's death, the subtitle below him reads "Do not want." Do I remember correctly that this phrase comes from an actual bad subtitle on a DVD for RotS when Darth Vader yells "Noooo"? 

Also, I recognized the status bars above Obi-Wan and Darth Maul as being reminiscent of fighter games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, but I couldn't identify specifically the video game music that played over the scene. Which one was it? (Or was it something else?)

And on AotR, we recognized Legend of Zelda music in at least a couple of different spots. Is that what plays throughout Duke Dooku and Daffy Duck's -- sorry, Yoda's -- duel, or is something else sampled there as well?

Thanks Tom, awesome to hear!  Coincidentally, I showed my two daughters (eight and five years old) AOTR for the first time this weekend, at their request.  Both enjoyed it quite a bit, they said the best things were how Padme kept saying she was a Senator and how Obi-Wan kept using his own name.

TomH1138 said:
When Obi-Wan screams at Qui-Gon's death, the subtitle below him reads "Do not want." Do I remember correctly that this phrase comes from an actual bad subtitle on a DVD for RotS when Darth Vader yells "Noooo"?

This comes from Backstroke of the West.

http://starwarsfans.wikia.com/wiki/Star_War_The_Third_Gathers:_The_Backstroke_of_the_West

Also, I recognized the status bars above Obi-Wan and Darth Maul as being reminiscent of fighter games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, but I couldn't identify specifically the video game music that played over the scene. Which one was it? (Or was it something else?)

It's actually a "chiptune" cover version of the song Black Light Machine by Frost.  Here's the original:

Here's the version I used:

The part(s) I used kick in a little before 7:00.

And on AotR, we recognized Legend of Zelda music in at least a couple of different spots. Is that what plays throughout Duke Dooku and Daffy Duck's -- sorry, Yoda's -- duel, or is something else sampled there as well?

Another cover version:

I used the intro when Anakin and Padme are first heading off on there own (which explains R2's subtitle in that scene about it being dangerous to go alone), then starting at about 2:30 is what I used for the duel.

Thanks for the info, Frink! (For some reason, I never got an e-mail notification that you replied. Weird.)

I did catch the "It's dangerous to go alone" bit from R2. I think that helped us to identify it as Zelda music. But thanks for pinning it down specifically for us, since I wasn't sure quite where it was fom, and for telling me about all the other stuff I asked about.  :) 

Sorry that someone has posted it on YouTube. It's frustrating when people don't respect an editor's express wishes.

He finally took it down.

Thanks for the review @"DominicCobb".  It's always nice to get a review on an old edit, and makes me want to get my ass back in gear on ROTR. ;)

That's secretly why I did it. Hurry up.

Sorry, I've been too busy yelling at Trump supporters on another website.

Seems like a waste of time. I don't know why anyone would bother with that.

I for one am glad Frink is trolling the idiots at repetitiveduology.net #makeamericafrinkagain

#frinklivesmatter

#grabthembythefrink

TVs Frink said:
Is it out yet?

haha, iswydt.

short-haired-dachshund.jpg

Back
Top Bottom