• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

SW Ep II: Attack of the Ridiculousness (New 14th Month Anniversary DVD Now Available)

Oh, okay, let my wife and kids know, thanks.

Give me their numbers and I will.

Oh and on topic...

That's really awesome you went back and fixed those issues. Respeck knuckles. And I dig the "14 Month Anniversary" moniker.

TV's Frink said:
Unfortunately the download link on info also includes an extremely NSFW picture along with the dlc. I did not upload that and have asked for it to be removed.

Downloading now! :)

...sometime later...

Well that was disappointing.

So, who's the prevert that included that pic and why would they do such a thing? That's the same sort of without consent nonsense that made me leave another forum in the past.

As I said before: Frink, it's amazing that you went the extra mile to correct that issue, and so quickly! I'm going to revise my review to reflect the new version.

Yeah, good jorb! And here I thought you were a problem faneditor. ;)

Thank you [MENTION=28628]Anarchemist[/MENTION] for another great review. :)

To address a few items...

I also wish Daffy Duck's voice was featured even more than it was.

Though I haven't gotten far enough yet, I expect you'll hear more in Part 3.

The "Hey, look over there" line was a little more surreal in this edit, frequently emanating from nowhere.

Perhaps it wasn't entirely clear, but

Ric Olie is killed in the beginning, and from that point on he's a force ghost similar to Obi Wan in the OT. Typically you just hear his trademark line, but you do get to see him once in the Coruscant nightclub, thanks to [MENTION=8885]Rogue-theX[/MENTION].

This may not be the place for suggestions for your third sequel, but I would love just one scene where perhaps the MST3K silhouettes appear, watching the movie with us, and maybe use a second or two of the audio from Rifftrax's riff of Revenge of the Sith? Just a stray thought.

For a time I thought about using the silhouettes during the scene on Coruscant where the council watches Obi-Wan get attacked on Geonosis...you can wade through the ITW thread if you're curious about the idea (I can't remember it). Unfortunately I don't know how to do that kind of effects, so if it were to be done going forward, someone would have to help me out.

The MST3K silhouettes would probably work best during the opera house scene. It is, after all, a theater of scientific mystery. As for how... I may be able to help with that, hypothetically speaking. Need to experiment a bit first before I can make any promises.

Cool...if you can do it, please post in the Ep 3 thread.

Thanks for the point by point response! You are right--I wasn't totally clear where all the "Hey look over there" lines were supposed to be coming from, but it didn't detract.
It would indeed be very cool to see the MST3K silhouettes pop up, or for that matter, the Satellite of Love or non-silhouetted Gypsy, Crow or Tom Servo (cambot, not so much). Seeing Dr Forrester and TV's Frank was a great happy surprise, but of course, like Robots Vs Kung Fu, there is a real MST sensibility on these edits.
Really great stuff!!

If you can find a MST3k scene where the footage being shown to them is very light, it would be easy to composite it over your own video. Here is what I would suggest:

- add MST3k scene as a layer over your Star Wars video. crop/mask most of the movie screen out, leaving just the seats and the area of film screen directly in front of them

- desaturate & crank the levels so that you get more extreme black and white

- change the layer compositing type to only show the black.

- profit.

ThrowgnCpr said:
If you can find a MST3k scene where the footage being shown to them is very light, it would be easy to composite it over your own video.

IIRC, the end credits for This Island Earth (The MST3K movie) have the silhouettes against nothing but white credits against a blue background.

Neglify said:
- get banned from FE for profiting.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Frink, Yeah, I think you're right. Have a look and let me know if you want some help with this.

I watched "Attack of the ridiculousness " yesterday night. Imho it's just as messy as the first part, but a little less brilliant as the first part.

But first things, first, what I loved:
1. The decoy-scene (Padme's decoy being attacked).
2. Footage from Hitchcock's "Rear window"!
3. R2D2's subtitles "Padme !! Padme!!!! Oh well, I tried.", shuts down, or when the children play with him!
4. Obi wan talking with that cafeteria-owner using dialogue from "Seinfeld", hilarious!
5. Great use of music , for example "the final countdown", when Obi Wan follows the bounty hunter in that asteroid field, the Michael Jackson-music, or the "Shaft"-music when Mace Windu appears with a whole armada of Jedi-knights to rescue Obi Wan, Skywalker and Padme, awesome!
6. Anakin using the jedi mind trick to make Padme think she loves him, lol! And some of the other love-scenes feel good here, while in the original they just felt awful. The idea to fast forward, great!

So there quite a few things I loved, but there are also some things I disliked:

1. Making jokes after Anakin found his mother dead, like "Oops", or "I'm walking on sunshine". Either the whole scene of him finding his mother should have been cut out, when his ex-owner told him that she was gone, sold, there the rest could have been completely cut out. Or if it's important for part three to actually have him find his mother dead, then it should have been treated with more dignity.

2. It could have used some trimming, especially transition-scenes and people going from one place to another, or flying... Some jokes simply didn't work and could have been cut to make room and context for those jokes that really work. Due to this the movie felt too long. Cutting it down to 80 minutes, getting rid of the not working ideas/jokes, would have made it imho better.

3. There was no scene that could reach the sheer brilliance of Anakin racing down the course alone, in the first part, with the music playing "Going down the distance".

Like with the first part, you have created something unique, messy but brilliant (though a bit less brilliant as the first one) at the same time. And like with the first part, with a "director's cut" of it, it could be even better.

Thanks for the enjoyment.:)

NewSpock said:
it should have been treated with more dignity

If there's one phrase that defines the way Frink has sought to present these films, it's "With more dignity". :laugh:

Thanks for the review [MENTION=19767]NewSpock[/MENTION], I appreciate it. But yeah, as TM2YC said, you're probably looking for dignity in all the wrong places. ;)

TV's Frink said:
Thanks for the review NewSpock, I appreciate it. But yeah, as TM2YC said, you're probably looking for dignity in all the wrong places. ;)

Maybe, it just felt off to me to make jokes in that scene, no biggie. Looking forward to your next installment.:)

i dig "nitty." as in gritty.

Back
Top Bottom