• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Superman Returns: The ADigitalMan Cut

Ironman said:
Burned ADM's cut of SR onto a DL disc today (my first) - plays just fine although whenever I try and 'rewind' it locks up the player. I suspect this is most likely an issue with the player and DL DVD+R discs though as it's somewhat ancient (a Sony 725D).

Using ImgBurn to set the layer break would probably help the problem.

Thanks, I'll try it - do I need to use a specific setting in ImgBurn though?

there will be a high quality SL version of this soon up on RS and torrent.

jeff said:
Ironman said:
Thanks, I'll try it - do I need to use a specific setting in ImgBurn though?

Try this guide: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1777

Thanks very much, I'll try it. :)

EDIT: Haven't yet burned the image but I went through the process as outlined in the guide and was only presented with one 'option' in the 'Create Layer Break Position' window, said option was marked by a silver star. Is that to be expected? It's just that the example in the guide gives a load of available break points with the best one marked with a blue star.

Thanks

Not to bad of a review, looking good!

Done just a few reviews in my past (wink)

thanks for your review of my edit of old web head. i'd like to hear any other feedback you have on my stuff.

I might have missed this somewhere, but other than encoding, what are the differences between the SL and DL versions? If the DL includes, in addition to superior video quality, a significant number of bonus features, audio tracks, menus, etc...it would help justify the extra bandwidth.

Thanks for all the hard work ADM!

RyecatcheR

it definitely does. The SL was made for people who would have used DVD shrink on it to spare the disc. Of course the DL is the real deal.

DL has the Isolated Score track, plus a DVD-ROM folder chock-full of Super Goodness.

This may be the best fanedit I have seen. With this cut ADigitalMan has taken a mediocre rehash of the Richard Donner Superman and turned it into a compelling character study of The Man of Steel.

By rearranging scenes, leaving out weak moments and adding in some inexplicably deleted character moments, the story now moves crisply and compellingly. Best of all, the character of Superman and his mask Clark Kent (to my tastes Superman is the mask and Kent the real man, but that isn't Singer's interpretation) is now a sympathetic outsider who truly has no place on this earth or in space to call home until the final touching scene of this movie. This scene was very creepy in the theatrical cut but now accomplishes its intended goal to make you feel that Superman is finally home.

ADigitalMan has done what an editor is supposed to do - take the footage shot by the director and arrange it so as to best bring out the vision of those involved in the production.

Well done.

Richard

I just recieved this review/comment by Steve via email:
Okie Dokie where to start. First & foremost I want to thank all you guys for giving us true fan edits. For listening to the fans & also for being fans of movies yourself. Now to the point. I know that ADigitalMan is actually the guy who gave us the Superman Returns ADigitalMan cut not you but he isn't listed as a contact so im hoping to maybe speak with you for a moment with some of the pro's & con's that I have with this version of the film in the hopes that you can pass this on to ADigitalMan. First I'd like to say that as great as this version was it still wasn't at the full potential that I personally feel a fan edit of Superman Returns could have been. A few months ago I made my own fan edit of SR using a crap program like windows movie maker ( yes I know laugh away :) hehe ) & even though the quality is crap & the sound is below standard I honestly feel I have created for now the ultimate version of SR that sorry to say is far superior to ADigitalMans cut ( please don't tear me a new asshole, I'm just trying to be honest ). I'm writting this in hoping that maybe if I can put some of my idea's across to ADigitalMan maybe he might be able to recreate my ultimate version into something worthy of a viewing ( meaning better video & audio quality along the lines of his version ). I know it's a long shot, but I love the Superman mythology in ways most will never understand & Superman is as much apart of my life as my family is & it would mean the world to me to see a professional looking version of my vision & I know it would mean alot to my family. If your not to busy I'd like to take the time now to point out my cuts/adds of SR & basically just give a full description of what I have & have not changed.. Keep in mind I don't have it here with me at the moment ( my brothers borrowing it ) so If I forget anything I will have to wait till I get it back in order to give you guys the full gist of it. Ok here it goes :)

Cut's/Adds:

1. Alternate Opening using the curtain parting & newspapers in outer space sequense, with bits of footage from STM with jorel putting Kal El in the ship & sending him on his way & having that footage inbetween the newspaper headlines. Follow that with the panning out from krypton & exploding from SR taking out Jor Els words. Credits are kept the same

2. Fades into deleted scene pandown & martha playing scrabble with Ben Hubbard once she pulls her hand out from under the table ( after feeling clark engraving of name ) cut it before martha looks back at ben.

3. This cuts to the lex's boat battling the high sea's, hehe. then cuts straight to the alternate lex & kitty arguement without the kal penn intro being in the movie

4. Cuts straight to the normal scene of lex telling kitty about promethius & so on until we get to the FOS. once we start arriving at the FOS instead of a voice over I'd like to actually see the scene in it's entierty then cutting to lex walking around inside the FOS, keeping the Jor El stuff ( how could ADigitalMan take out the heart of Superman :( ).

5. Cut straight to the alternate clark waking up scene & play the whole scene out

6. Then cut to the clark burreing the ship & finding the newspapers scene. Once he stars walking back to the house, quick cut to the kent farm letter box & windmill

7. Then the did you find what you were looking for sequence as is originally there, then cut to the clark kent meet ben hubbard scene as ADigitalMan did in his cut.

Ok that's the first part of the movie, there not really any cut's except the luthor & vanderworth scene which IMO is pointless & drags on the story. Ok now metropolis :)

8. Keep things as normal until we get to jimmy telling clark to wait right there when he gets the cake, once clark has turned, smiled & sighed then cut straight to the clark putting his stuff in the closet scene. Keep things normal again until we get to the next scene

9. no luthor explaing his theory on crystals anymore go straight from jimmy asking clark if he needs a drink straight to clark & jimmy in the bar, keeps thing moving nicely no need to see lex arriving home with "theories". The movie needs to show facts.

10. keep the movie going as normal until we get to the scene where all the electricity starts powering back up again after the blackout & put the clark probes jimmy about Lois deleted scene back into the mix.

11. Once that's done keep it normal until after superman saves the plane & is getting cheered by the ppl in the stadium. once that is done & lois has fainted cut straight to perry & the daily planet scene & take out the luthor 15 hour stare fest ( BORING ).

12. Keep everything as normal again until we get to the scene with lex reading the newspaper & the thugs arriving in the van. Cut this scene completley & just start in the elevator with Clark & Lois

12. Keep things normal again until lois gets in the taxi & leaves, then from that moment on keep it like the ADigitalMan cut with no spying superman at lois's house.

13. Again keep it as normal after that until we reach the scene back at the daily planet with lois, jimmy & perry talking about the photo's, wait until jimmy throws his photo on the table then cut straight to clark saying "you wanted to see me?". no look up in the sky nonsense, it was very overdramatic & badly acted IMO.

14. Keep it normal again until we get to the SWELL scene. once clark says that & lois & Richard stare cut straight to the luthor looking at the shard of kryptonite scene. the whole kitty being upset scene was boring and another bad scene that needs taking out.

15. Once the shard of kryptonite scene is over cut straight to richard saying JIMMY JASON LETS GO GET THESE INTREPED REPORTERS SOME FOOD. no lois & Richard second guessing is clark superman please. we know his powers already we don't need the 411.

16. keep things normal again until Superman flies off & leaves Lois ontop of the daily planet. once that scene is over cut straight to Superman flying to the FOS. no lois gettign busted scene or lois complaining to perry like a 13 yr old girl scene. BORING & annoying.

17. Keep everything normal again until we get to the lois seeing the boat at the vanderworth mansion. Once she see's the boat & gets outta the car cut to her & jason inside the boat. no long Lois & Jason comedy routine walking towards the boat. Another time filler. ( SNORES ).

18. Keep everything normal again until we get to Lex discovering that brutus is dead & says OH WE HAVE TO GO. then wait till the fade to the metropolis skyline the cut it straight to jimmy taking photo's of everyone. No more blackout comedy from jimmy about his camera not working.

19. Keep everything the same again until we get to the scene when Superman puts the daily planet globe down ontop of the car & jimmy stares at his camera in amazement, then cut straight to the deleted scene in the Requim for Krypton documentary when Perry thanks Superman for saving them & explains that Lois is missing.

20. Cut straight to lois & Jason int the boat & jason opening the door scene. No more scene of Lex staring at new krypton again for no reason & wasting more time.

21. Keep things normal again until we get to the part where Superman recharges into the sun & shoots down into the ocean, once that happens & we cut to the far away shot of New Krypton, cut it straight to the crystals shaking, no more lex looking at stuff again & boring me while chomping a ciggar.

22. Keep things normal again until we see superman on the ground presumably dead from throwing new krypton into outer space, once that happens cut straight to the article SUPERMAN IS DEAD!. no superman arriving at the hospital. It gives the impression that superman might actually be dead but then we continue with the scene as normal & find out that he is in the hospital when richard asks lois if she wants to go to see him.

23. then once lois looks at the drawing again that her son made her cut straight to the deleted scene of perry & Lois naming the continent New Krypton. then cut straight to lois & Richard arriving at the hospital & continue the scene as normal.

24. Keep everything as normal again but cut out the lex & kitty trapped on the island scene & put it as a after the credits scene like ADigitalman originally did. Keep it all normal until we reach the scene when Superman comes into scene flying among the clouds with the Superman theme blasting but this time instead of it being the ned part of the main theme. make it the begging part like in Superman The Movie. much more impact.

& that's it I guess. Much more effective movie IMO & to be completly honest I know that you guys will most likely not do this for me co's it's a,lot of work & I ask alot. but pls do this for me. I have my 21st coming up in a week & there would be no better present than to have my very own version of SR proffesionally done by you guys. If it is at all possible to do this edit. there are a couple things I'd liek to have up before the movie stars. ZFirst i'd like it to be called SUperman Returns The SteveJo86 & ADigitalMan cut. & could I please have a dedicated to Christopher Reeve message before the movie starts also. I'd like it to read:

"This fan edit of Superman Returns is dedicated to Christopher Reeve, without whome I would not be a Superman fan today"

Christopher Reeve ( 1952 - 2004 )

God I know this is asking alot but pls consider it guys, it would mean the world to me. :)

Thankyou for taking the time to listen to my thought's & feelings & I hope I haven't offended ADigitalMan in any way of my review of his cut of SR.

Have a good day guys.

STEVE.

Okie Dokie where to start. First & foremost I want to thank all you guys for giving us true fan edits. For listening to the fans & also for being fans of movies yourself. Now to the point. im hoping to maybe speak with you for a moment with some of the pro's & con's that I have with this version of the film in the hopes that you may be able to create my version of the film. First I'd like to say that as great as this version was it still wasn't at the full potential that I personally feel a fan edit of Superman Returns could have been. A few months ago I made my own fan edit of SR using a crap program like windows movie maker ( yes I know laugh away :) hehe ) & even though the quality is crap & the sound is below standard I honestly feel I have created for now the ultimate version of SR that sorry to say is far superior to ADigitalMans cut ( please don't tear me a new asshole, I'm just trying to be honest ). I'm writting this in hoping that maybe if I can put some of my idea's across to ADigitalMan maybe he might be able to recreate my ultimate version into something worthy of a viewing ( meaning better video & audio quality along the lines of his version ). I know it's a long shot, but I love the Superman mythology in ways most will never understand & Superman is as much apart of my life as my family is & it would mean the world to me to see a professional looking version of my vision & I know it would mean alot to my family. If your not to busy I'd like to take the time now to point out my cuts/adds of SR & basically just give a full description of what I have & have not changed.. Keep in mind I don't have it here with me at the moment ( my brothers borrowing it ) so If I forget anything I will have to wait till I get it back in order to give you guys the full gist of it. Ok here it goes :)

Cut's/Adds:

1. Alternate Opening using the curtain parting & newspapers in outer space sequense, with bits of footage from STM with jorel putting Kal El in the ship & sending him on his way & having that footage inbetween the newspaper headlines. Follow that with the panning out from krypton & exploding from SR taking out Jor Els words. Credits are kept the same

2. Fades into deleted scene pandown & martha playing scrabble with Ben Hubbard once she pulls her hand out from under the table ( after feeling clark engraving of name ) cut it before martha looks back at ben.

3. This cuts to the lex's boat battling the high sea's, hehe. then cuts straight to the alternate lex & kitty arguement without the kal penn intro being in the movie

4. Cuts straight to the normal scene of lex telling kitty about promethius & so on until we get to the FOS. once we start arriving at the FOS instead of a voice over I'd like to actually see the scene in it's entierty then cutting to lex walking around inside the FOS, keeping the Jor El stuff ( how could ADigitalMan take out the heart of Superman :( ).

5. Cut straight to the alternate clark waking up scene & play the whole scene out

6. Then cut to the clark burreing the ship & finding the newspapers scene. Once he stars walking back to the house, quick cut to the kent farm letter box & windmill

7. Then the did you find what you were looking for sequence as is originally there, then cut to the clark kent meet ben hubbard scene as ADigitalMan did in his cut.

Ok that's the first part of the movie, there not really any cut's except the luthor & vanderworth scene which IMO is pointless & drags on the story. Ok now metropolis :)

8. Keep things as normal until we get to jimmy telling clark to wait right there when he gets the cake, once clark has turned, smiled & sighed then cut straight to the clark putting his stuff in the closet scene. Keep things normal again until we get to the next scene

9. no luthor explaing his theory on crystals anymore go straight from jimmy asking clark if he needs a drink straight to clark & jimmy in the bar, keeps thing moving nicely no need to see lex arriving home with "theories". The movie needs to show facts.

10. keep the movie going as normal until we get to the scene where all the electricity starts powering back up again after the blackout & put the clark probes jimmy about Lois deleted scene back into the mix.

11. Once that's done keep it normal until after superman saves the plane & is getting cheered by the ppl in the stadium. once that is done & lois has fainted cut straight to perry & the daily planet scene & take out the luthor 15 hour stare fest ( BORING ).

12. Keep everything as normal again until we get to the scene with lex reading the newspaper & the thugs arriving in the van. Cut this scene completley & just start in the elevator with Clark & Lois

12. Keep things normal again until lois gets in the taxi & leaves, then from that moment on keep it like the ADigitalMan cut with no spying superman at lois's house.

13. Again keep it as normal after that until we reach the scene back at the daily planet with lois, jimmy & perry talking about the photo's, wait until jimmy throws his photo on the table then cut straight to clark saying "you wanted to see me?". no look up in the sky nonsense, it was very overdramatic & badly acted IMO.

14. Keep it normal again until we get to the SWELL scene. once clark says that & lois & Richard stare cut straight to the luthor looking at the shard of kryptonite scene. the whole kitty being upset scene was boring and another bad scene that needs taking out.

15. Once the shard of kryptonite scene is over cut straight to richard saying JIMMY JASON LETS GO GET THESE INTREPED REPORTERS SOME FOOD. no lois & Richard second guessing is clark superman please. we know his powers already we don't need the 411.

16. keep things normal again until Superman flies off & leaves Lois ontop of the daily planet. once that scene is over cut straight to Superman flying to the FOS. no lois gettign busted scene or lois complaining to perry like a 13 yr old girl scene. BORING & annoying.

17. Keep everything normal again until we get to the lois seeing the boat at the vanderworth mansion. Once she see's the boat & gets outta the car cut to her & jason inside the boat. no long Lois & Jason comedy routine walking towards the boat. Another time filler. ( SNORES ).

18. Keep everything normal again until we get to Lex discovering that brutus is dead & says OH WE HAVE TO GO. then wait till the fade to the metropolis skyline the cut it straight to jimmy taking photo's of everyone. No more blackout comedy from jimmy about his camera not working.

19. Keep everything the same again until we get to the scene when Superman puts the daily planet globe down ontop of the car & jimmy stares at his camera in amazement, then cut straight to the deleted scene in the Requim for Krypton documentary when Perry thanks Superman for saving them & explains that Lois is missing.

20. Cut straight to lois & Jason int the boat & jason opening the door scene. No more scene of Lex staring at new krypton again for no reason & wasting more time.

21. Keep things normal again until we get to the part where Superman recharges into the sun & shoots down into the ocean, once that happens & we cut to the far away shot of New Krypton, cut it straight to the crystals shaking, no more lex looking at stuff again & boring me while chomping a ciggar.

22. Keep things normal again until we see superman on the ground presumably dead from throwing new krypton into outer space, once that happens cut straight to the article SUPERMAN IS DEAD!. no superman arriving at the hospital. It gives the impression that superman might actually be dead but then we continue with the scene as normal & find out that he is in the hospital when richard asks lois if she wants to go to see him.

23. then once lois looks at the drawing again that her son made her cut straight to the deleted scene of perry & Lois naming the continent New Krypton. then cut straight to lois & Richard arriving at the hospital & continue the scene as normal.

24. Keep everything as normal again but cut out the lex & kitty trapped on the island scene & put it as a after the credits scene like ADigitalman originally did. Keep it all normal until we reach the scene when Superman comes into scene flying among the clouds with the Superman theme blasting but this time instead of it being the ned part of the main theme. make it the begging part like in Superman The Movie. much more impact.

& that's it I guess. Much more effective movie IMO & to be completly honest I know that you guys will most likely not do this for me co's it's a,lot of work & I ask alot. but pls do this for me. I have my 21st coming up in a week & there would be no better present than to have my very own version of SR proffesionally done by you guys. If it is at all possible to do this edit. there are a couple things I'd liek to have up before the movie stars. ZFirst i'd like it to be called SUperman Returns The SteveJo86 & ADigitalMan cut. & could I please have a dedicated to Christopher Reeve message before the movie starts also. I'd like it to read:

"This fan edit of Superman Returns is dedicated to Christopher Reeve, without whome I would not be a Superman fan today"

Christopher Reeve ( 1952 - 2004 )

God I know this is asking alot but pls consider it guys, it would mean the world to me. :)

Thankyou for taking the time to listen to my thought's & feelings & I hope I haven't offended ADigitalMan in any way of my review of his cut of SR.

Have a good day guys.

STEVE.
[/b]

welcome, MoS, to FE.
I think I already posted exactly this review of yours in the review section for this edit. Still I do much prefer that the original author posts it. Thanks for your feedback. We need more people like you to make better fanedits.

thankyou Boon23 & I apologise if it was already posted in the review section, Im still new to the forum & am still trying to get my feet wet. Thanks again for taking the time to listen & I hope I have contributed in some way to making a better fan edit.

Have a good day fellas

Steve :)

ADigitalMan said:
DL has the Isolated Score track, plus a DVD-ROM folder chock-full of Super Goodness.

First off, great job ADM, this edit is exactly the kind of work I come to this community for. Some very insightful tweaking was done that definitely improved this film.

However, I downloaded the edit via Rapidshare, and was disappointed to find there was no DVD-ROM folder after all. Not that I mind the isolated score and the better picture quality, but where's the Super Goodness?

It wasn't available at the time we uploaded it.

Back
Top Bottom