• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Superman Returns: The ADigitalMan Cut

It is probably a stupid Question but what is "PIF" I see it in a variety of treads and can't seem to work out what it means. I think it has something to do with the distribution of the discs so if someone can tell me i will be that much more the wiser.

"PIF"
when it was originally started it worked like this,you get a disc,then you send out 3 copies,then those people send out 3,and so on,but i personally dont think it has been working that way myself.
and "PIF" stands for Pay It Forward
hope this clears things up for you

Considering some of the top guys (esp. Rik and DJ) have gone above and beyond PiF by uploading online, I've considered that a far greater PiF than the physical x3 approach. That's one person reaching hundreds.

For any of the guys below who have been fortunate enough to get a disc for free from somebody, they should actively recruit three recipients who will, in turn, do the same. That's how PiF reaches those without broadband capabilities. Even with the potential for exponential growth, it sadly burns out because people receive without giving forward. These are leechers in the physical world, so to speak.

Best thing to do is to stay on top of the people you gift to, until you know they've done their part. All the guys at the top, who are purposefully giving this stuff away at great expense to themselves, count on you to keep this thing going.

Of course, if somebody downloads something and likes it, there's no reason they also can't start their own PiF chain.

The whole thing reminds me of a story I learned as a child:
This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry, because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized Everybody wouldn't do it. So Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

I hope not to make some people angry with my question, but will this fanedit will uploaded as DVD torrent? I'm not really into PIF, I've tried it once and I still haven't received my money to cover solely the costs.

I think the reason for that is it's not how PiF works. :)

"I've tried it once and I still haven't received my money to cover solely the costs."

you dont "charge" anything,you get the movie for FREE,then you burn 3 copies and send to other fans for FREE,that is "PIF"
see that is why I dont think PIF works anymore especially if people are chrging for something they should be getting for FREE.

sorry for the rant but I just can not understand when people say they have a problem with PIF,if you cant send anything out,then you shouldnt get a copy sent to you to begin with.

PIF stands also for the fact that one can acquire the movie, as long as the receiver pays the costs (1 blank disc and shipping costs).

And it still doesn't my question if it will be torrented also.

yes, it will be torrented.

T-HOPE said:
PIF stands also for the fact that one can acquire the movie, as long as the receiver pays the costs (1 blank disc and shipping costs).
Incorrect. That is referred to as "B&P." "PiF" means the sender gives it away at a loss to himself, not breaking even, and certainly not profiting. The catch is, the recipient is supposed to then give it away to three more people, and so on.

Given that a blank costs around twenty cents and two stamps is sufficient postage for sending domestically, this puts each person out less than three bucks total.

ADigitalMan said:
T-HOPE said:
Incorrect. That is referred to as "B&P." "PiF" means the sender gives it away at a loss to himself, not breaking even, and certainly not profiting. The catch is, the recipient is supposed to then give it away to three more people, and so on.

Given that a blank costs around twenty cents and two stamps is sufficient postage for sending domestically, this puts each person out less than three bucks total.
hmn, I always thought that was called PIF. I know the costs aren't that much (my DVD-r are actually more expensive than 20 cents), but it's the principe. When the very first one doesn't even pay me the costs, then my trust that other people will pay it, decreases.

Btw, what does B&P stand for?

I can't believe we're having this conversation.

Everyone has to learn somewhere. I've been doing trades online for ten years and I only heard of PIF a few months ago.

Ron Moses

I know I said I would up this edit,but it appears Bizzle has some files I do not,so I am going to let him take care of upping this one,sorry guys,but you want ALL of ADM's extras right.

from what I know Bizzle is no member here. But I am sure that he will pass on the links once there are any.

Bizzle offered to do this given DJ's tight schedule, so I'm sure he'll come through. Bizzle had some personal interest in this release, having suggested a number of the cuts.

DJ, you keep working on those projects you're scrambling on. You've done a lot for these Superman releases as it is. Thanks for spreading the love and being a good QC guy!

Can't wait ADM... really like your Star Wars edits, and Superman II and Superman Redeemed...

BTW, whats up with your Superman I edit... I want to see that, but read somewhere you are redoing it?

Cannot wait to see this edit...just got Superman II - Hybrid Cut and Superman Redeemed and loved them both. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom