• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Superman Returns: The ADigitalMan Cut

*Note: this is a cross post between OT and FEF*

Partial Superman Returns review:

I received my 2 raw sl dvdrs of ADM's Supes Comes Back edit last night, and dropped them on my laptop this morning to burn on DL and to rar for RS upload. I'm 23 minutes into the movie now, and lemme tell ya, ADM should be a professional editor. Before anyone jumps in with "oh, you're all about being on ADM's wang" or such nonesense, I have to make a point. I like fanedits. Some work, some don't, but I generally like fanedits. Some of my favorite editors are Spence, Darth Editous, ocpmovie (if you wanna call his Classic Editions "fanedits") and ADM, amongst many others I can't name atm. I know when I get an ADM edit, it's going to be worth the time it took to get it and will be worth my time watching.

23 minutes into this movie, and it's a totally different film then what is on my shelf. First things first, we get right to the Big Boy Scout coming home. Credits finish, we get a pan down to Ma Kent washing dishes, and BAM, Clark crashes his new car all over the yard (yes, i'm using an analogy). Only AFTER we see Supes do we go to the sequence with Lex. Then it's back to Clark again, right into a seamless transition of what I think is a deleted scene (I only have the 1disk official dvd). Then back to Lex in a great transition, back to Clark with that seamless edit of a deleted scene (I really need to rewatch all of my official SR dvd again, because I've seen 2 scenes back to back). Only that little in, and this edit has already made this a better film.

After I watch the entire movie, I'll post a full review, and then probably later tonight, I'll begin the "rarring up for Rapidshare upload" process.

Once the RS upload is complete, I will be posting links to it on the RS threads at faneditforum, so keep a look out during the next couple of days.

*Edit: Full Review Below*:

Now THIS is a proper sequel to the Superman films I know and love (namely 1&2). ADM has done another truely awesome edit to this and it makes me proud that I own Superman Returns on dvd.

Yes, Stalkerman is taking right out of that sumbitch, and if you didn't know it, you'd never know about the misadventures of Stalkerman. Now it is Clark being worried about the woman that he loves, not pining after some chick he can't have by going to her house and looking up her skirt through the elevator.

The deleted scenes incorporated into the film are so seamless that this will probably be the extended director's cut that is officially released, or it should be.

The isloated score is a very nice addition to the film, as that track alone is worth seeing to see how well the score compliments this film.

As stated before, the Smallville sequences are short and to the point. We see Clark crashing the at that farm right off the bat, and then we get to Lex swindling the old lady (and what looks like a shortened version of that). When we go back to Smallville, it's a combo regular/deleted scene, back to "What's Lex Doing?", and back to a regular/Deleted scene from Smallville. Then onto Metropolis. Smallville is not drug out like in the theatrical version.

As I stated, I only own the 1disc dvd of SR, so I have no knowledge of all the deleted scenes for this. I don't know if Kumar speaks in any of the deleted scenes, but I don't recall seeing him speak anymore in this then in the theatrical, save maybe one line if it was from him. Which is a shame, but it really wouldn't add much if he did speak.

As I said, the scenes that I did notice were deleted scenes were put in so well that you really didn't notice a difference. I can't stress how well this is enough. Out of all the ADM edits I have and have scene, it still amazes me how well he does this.

This edit makes a perfect addition to your ADM collection...or your fanedit collection....or your dvd collection on a whole. Highly recommended as are all ADM edits.

Once I'm finished upping it to RS, I'll post the thinks on FEF.

please get this copy out on demonoid SOOONNNNNN...i wanna see this badddd

So Superman Returns is still NOT available?

nope, but gonzo is probably uploading it currently via rapidshare.

damn I should have just upped the files I had back 2-3 weeks ago,fuck the extra, extras LOL

Heh ... talk with Gonzo ... maybe he'll need help seeding.

Has this yet been uploaded to Rapidshare? After seeing ADM's excellent cut of Superman II my 'must see' meter is at maximum. :)

Has anyone experienced dropped frames (leading to jerky playback) when playing ADM's excellent edits of Superman II and Superman Returns? I'm using the latest version of VLC Media Player. Is it likely to be a player issue or possibly a codec problem?

It's not my PC (running Windows XP Pro) as there's no other disc activity and the CPU usage is only at about 33% - plus I can play other video files with no problems.

Thanks

no jerkyness, but I watched them on my DVD player only.

Thanks. Once I get some dual layer DVD+R's in a day or two I'll do a burn and try ADM's edit of 'Returns' on my player. Even so, makes me wonder why I can play back other vids okay on my PC - perhaps ADM's Superman films are recorded at a higher bitrate?

I cannot tell, because I made highest quality shrinks of any of these. Anything less than 3h fits perfectly well on a SL.

If anything, they're lower. Superman flicks 1-4 were done at 7500 by Warners. Why they couldn't encode higher than than escapes me.

They play fine on my computer which is Win2k with only 384MB of RAM using PowerDVD.

They play fine on my computer to which is WinXP Pro with 2 GB of RAM using PowerDVD.

ADigitalMan said:
If anything, they're lower. Superman flicks 1-4 were done at 7500 by Warners. Why they couldn't encode higher than than escapes me.

They play fine on my computer which is Win2k with only 384MB of RAM using PowerDVD.

Thanks, I'll try PowerDVD.

Which version are you using?

EDIT: Just tried the latest version of PowerDVD and all is well. :D

ADM, I heartily approve of the edits you've made to SR - they corrected the minor irritations that I had with it. You should offer your services to Bryan Singer. :)

They need a new job category in the movie business called "Edit Doctor."

I personally love Ottman's editing work, but I think this was a too big of a job (between the score and the editing) and Singer probably didn't take a lot of input. How Stalkerman got through post-production still amazes me.

Yes, the Stalkerman issue baffles me too. Unless Singer left it in for a good reason? Would be interesting to hear a commentary track from Singer.

I've never seen an ADM edit (yes, I am deprived) so I don't know when I'll get around to downloading anything as I haven't successfully burnt a dual layer disc yet.

Burned ADM's cut of SR onto a DL disc today (my first) - plays just fine although whenever I try and 'rewind' it locks up the player. I suspect this is most likely an issue with the player and DL DVD+R discs though as it's somewhat ancient (a Sony 725D).

Someone seriously needs to torrent a single-layer movie-only version of this....

Back
Top Bottom