• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Superman Redeemed (a hybrid of III and IV by ADigitalMan)

whatever... but why download it twice?

ADigitalMan said:
Thanks for your kind words. To let you know the thought process behind the cuts I chose, I found the Fortress scene in IV pretty cheesy with the Elder shouting. "Betrayed .... betrayed ... Betraaayyyyyyeeeeeedddd" so that's why that scene was cut. I felt I accomplished more with the Jor-El memory while Clark pondered things closer to home.

As for the Kent farm (and a line in SIII that was cut), it had to do with Martha being dead. Since she was alive in Superman Returns, I wanted that to fit, so I cut the sequence. While I didn't hate it as a scene into itself, it was incongruous with the new storyline.

Yeah, the mentality of the comics were that both parents WERE dead, and Ilya was keen to follow the comics...too bad "Crisis" was JUST around the corner when Superman III came out, a small delay and they would'nt have compromised the films and made them both obsolete.

I'm really sorry but I am clueless about these things. Now I can't get this one to play either. The folder has 10 of these VIDEO_TS files. The first 2 are "VIDEO_TS" (The first is a BUP file and the second is a IFO file), the third is "VIDEO_TS.VOB", the fourth and fifth are "VTS_01_0"(the fourth is a BUP file and the fifth is an IFO file), the sixth is "VTS_01_0.VOB", the seventh is "VTS_01_1.VOB", the 8th is "VTS_01_2.VOB", the ninth is "VTS_01_3.VOB" and the last one is "VTS_01_4.VOB. All the files that end in VOB are VOB files.

When I click on them it asks me which program to use to play the file. Neither, Windows Media Player, Quicktime, or Realplayer work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, since I've got it downloaded, rest assured I'm seeding it now.

tyler, I would recommend downloading the VLC Media Player (a quick Googling will find it). Once you've installed it, run it and select File > Open Directory. Select the folder that contains those VIDEO_TS files, and you should be all set.

I think the confusion may be due to the fact that the files you've downloaded are in DVD format, which the programs you mentioned aren't designed to play. They're not like MOV or AVI files that you double-click and play. Do you have a DVD burner, by chance?

Ron Moses

No I don't, I wish I did. Al I have is a cd burner. I use Nero, which lets me make video cds (although it takes forever to encode the video).

Firstly, THANK-YOU Adigitalman!!!

I loved your version, it was well scripted, edited and conceived. I loved the fact that Nuclear man's virus created the Supes vs. Clark Kent scene, it just made so much more sense than the previous version (s).

It was well constructed with the Nuclear sequences and the plot was a lot, lot stronger. Well done.

Okay, now for the next project!!!

How about messing around with the old Lois + Clark Superman series, maybe by taking the villains and editing then together with Christopher Reeves Superman!
Maybe you could even take the Superman vs. Clark Kent scene, and edit together so that you have Dean Cain VS. Christopher Reeve!!!

At the very least, with four seasons of material, there must be enough to make a decent film from them...

Once again, many thanks for this wonderful film,

ku7uk

I suggestd to a friend of mine - whose too busy at the moment to do it - the idea of re-editeing clips of SMALLVILLE and LOIS & CLARK into an alternative to SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE. We shared our thoughts and he came up with remaking the 3 act format:

I: Brando footage from STM (i suggested from the animated series with effects to make it more mystical, but we were unsure if it would fit)
II: From SMALLVILLE, Clark starts discovering what he is capable of. He discovers the truth when Dr Swann shows him some Kryptonian symbols, giving Christopher Reeve a cameo.
III: Clark moves to Metropolis and starts working for the DP. There he meets Lex Luthor, who by the end has Lex apparantly killing himself.

A sequel would see Dr Gretchen Kelley revive Lex, and the final part of the trilogy sees the NEW KRYPTON storyline that bridges the final two seasons, with the climax of the film of course being the wedding. The only things would be tht Lex wouldn't appear in the SMALLVILLE segement, and probably niether woiuld the Kents.

I'm not sure about mixing Reeve wih L&C villains but it could work. What do you guys think about these ideas?

what a cool project. I love these many thoughts currently about turning some of the great TV shows into movies. Buffy was the first one I watched and it wasn't that impressing as a movie (because the faneditor didn't exactly create a movie)., but still it is a nice addition to my huge collection of TV related stuff. If this one could be high quality then it is going to be awesome.

Saw Redeemed. Loved it. Some of the moments were a little patchy, and I regretted the complete lack of Lois (especially since she always has excellent scenes, and IV is no different), but the movie fit together rather well.

this was a great idea here... loved it but theres some scenes that speed through and some things neexd to be explained better... id love it if digi man would allow me to help... i think with his vision that he created and few of my ideas this could be even better... :) good work all around i loved it

I just finished downloading it today and watched it tonight. To best express what I thought of it, I'll cut and paste a message I sent my friend:

Subject: Holy Crap
Body: Superman 3 and 4 fit together surprisingly well. When they took the better parts of each and fit them together, the theme of Clark vs Superman, responsibility vs personal desires, was clearer than in 3 alone. Not only do we have the junkyard fight, but also Lois vs Lana, Metropolis vs Smallville, and some other things. It was bizarre. Some little comments someone from number 4 would say would fit perfectly in with the events of number 3.

It's easy to look at it as one unified film instead of an amalgamation. Overall, the quality matches, and there are only a few quick cuts. There are some continity issues with how people look, aging and whatnot, but that's unavoidable. The first act goes a bit long before the nuclear plotline is introduced, but it still feels natural. The ending surprised me, too. It still has the "Clark giving Lana the ring" ending, which I've never liked. However, I dunno if it was editted in this way or not, but it seemed more plutonic than I remember. It felt more like Clark stepping back from the possibility of being happy with Lana instead of proposing to her.

I liked it, but it was no Donner Cut. The tone didn't match that of Superman I, the Donner Cut, or Returns. Despite cutting out most of the worst parts, it still remains more silly and comical, even campy at times. In this way, this made it feel like it's own film even more.

I recommend the hell out of it. I'll bring you a copy when I come back to town.

Okay, this is annoying....

Just spent an hour or so clicking a pile of files in RapidShare to download Superman Redeemed.

When I click the first file to assemble them, I get an "enter password" screen.

HUH?

Okay. sigh...

What's the supersecret password, guys?

Tony

Garf. Didn't even see that. I got so numb by all the lines and clicking that I guess I was hypnotised by it. :)

Thanks!

Tony

Just watched this today and I liked it a lot. I've never been a fan of Superman III or IV, so this was a definite improvement, IMO. I thought the storyline you constructed worked really well except for the part where Supes turns bad. It was kind of a "huh?" moment. Maybe I missed something?

It just seemed like he was fighting Nuclear Man at the statue of liberty, he gets scratched in the neck, and then all of a sudden he's "unleaning" the tower of Pisa and doing all these nasty things. Was it your intention to suggest that the scratch from Nuclear Man infected him somehow and turned him bad? It was the only part, I thought, that wasn't really clear.

The rest was really good though. It's an enjoyable third film after watching the first two. Best to just forget entirely about III and IV and go with Redeemed instead.

I do agree, however, with a previous poster about Lex's jailbreak. It should be moved to much earlier in the film. The pace is just a little off, it seems like Lex would need more time to get his stuff together. And moving it to early on (being one of the first scenes) would also heighten the underlying tension I think. We know Lex is on the loose now, but when will he turn up to get his revenge?

But that's just minor criticism, all in all the film works really well.

And I loved the new title sequence!

Good job!

Redeemed is excellent. Sure, there are silly parts - but none that ADM is responsible for.

I would've liked if following that scratch from Nuclear Man followed his failure to save that vehicle that feel from the bridge. Would've been a nice indication.

Anywho, I love the cut as is - I find the jailbreak not to be unreasonable, as he probably prepared himself heavily before going out. He must've known he wouldn't have had much time.

What fits best is Luthor himself - in IV it seemed unreasonable why the police arrest him immediately. But with SR in forsight, Superman hadn't yet testified to Luthor's crimes, and thus, his jailbreak might've been legally challenging, since Luthor might not really be guilty of the crimes Superman accusing of having made.

ADM's II hybrid cut and this Redeemed cut are awesome. Make up for an excellent middle to STM and SR.

Highly recommended.

i would have changed some scenes around to make it flow a bit better.... otherwise it was very good and im wating for more and more movies

I thought it was pretty good, but lacking in a few parts. Like when Supes gets scratched, he just instantly turns into bad Superman. Why not use some of the 'getting sick' stuff first to show a more gradual transformation? Also, the junkyard scene might have been helped by intercutting it with something else, because I don't like the length or pace of the scene itself. I had other notes, but I have forgotten them.

beckmen said:
I thought it was pretty good, but lacking in a few parts. Like when Supes gets scratched, he just instantly turns into bad Superman. Why not use some of the 'getting sick' stuff first to show a more gradual transformation? Also, the junkyard scene might have been helped by intercutting it with something else, because I don't like the length or pace of the scene itself. I had other notes, but I have forgotten them.

It's been a while since I've seen the original but I think during the 'getting sick' scenes at the apartment, doesn't it feature a character or plot device that has been removed in this edit? Maybe that is why it doesn't feature.

As much as I like the junkyard scene, it is another example of something I hate about the superman movies: the clothes issue. It is very confusing. Does Clark have magic clothes / costumes? How many times do we see his 'civvies' appear and dissapear as if by magic....

Back
Top Bottom