• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Superman Redeemed (a hybrid of III and IV by ADigitalMan)

You might have a point for the 'getting sick' stuff. I will consider trying to make a one-scene edit to see if it works or not.

As for the clothing, it's a suspension of disbelief thing. I mean we are talking about a guy who is indestructible, flies around in a skin-tight leotard, and doesn't need oxygen to survive. It's all pretty out there.

I would not have included the Paris scene with the Tower of Pisa. The film was already going in too much of a darker direction

OK, so working in the sick scene doesn't work, because Lois is in it and she is supposed to be in the Caribbean. I stand corrected. I did make what MIGHT be a bit less of a jarring edit, but still not very good. I left in Superman falling to the ground and getting kicked by Nuke, cut on the last frame of Supes flying away from camera (before the cape falling shot) and overlayed the audio of a few seconds of the cape falling shot on top of the scene where Superman visits Lana. The cut is kind of strange, because it's like he just gave up on the fight and went on with his business, but the Lana scene shows a bit of progression to Supes turning 'evil'. So I guess in my eyes, it's not better or worse than what ADM did.

Hi everyone! Some great work being done by fans. I'm amazed and the quality of work and dedication by all.

I've just finished watching ADM's great cut. The first thing that came to mind (hadn't seen Superman III since VHS days) was look at the wires! Terrible that these weren't removed in post production by the SFX people. I guess it's was a tackiness that continued with Superman IV (much worse mind you). I bought the Superman boxset but had never intended to watch Lesters/Furie's work as it has bad memories mostly and SIII and SIV were horrible.

Anyway to the point, I really enjoyed ADM's cut and for me it makes a whole film and means I can rewatch III & IV without the pain of the films as they were actually released. The only bit I'd like to see re-inserted is the oil tanker scene.

I've made a first attempt of a movie poster for Superman: Redeemed. It was a strange feeling removing Richard Pryor's et al names but i think it's for the best. Using some of what ADM did for his DVD and adding a touch of the 1970s Superman: The Movie feel about things making it aged. I'd like to do much more when I get the time (and maybe a tablet pen). Preview here with the full .bmp (17mb) file here

If anyone would like something added (or removed!) or fixed on that poster I'd like your feedback please. I did it before seeing the film so might enhance ADM's name a bit more when I revist as it's deserving.

Again a massive thanks for ADM's great ability and this fan edit comes Highly Recommened especially if you can't face the horror of Superman III + IV.

nice poster, you made pretty good on that redeemed writing.

boon23 said:
nice poster, you made pretty good on that redeemed writing.
Thanks boon23 (and thanks for the activation) :)

I'd like to do more to 'Redeemed' so will hopefully be investing in a tablet & pen. I can never get what I want with a mouse when it comes to some things (tablet might be no better but it's worth a try).

Hello everybody and thanks boon23 for activating my account. Superman Redeemed was my first fan edit viewing and i was very impressed with the work that was put into this version of the movie. I'm probably one of very few people who like Superman 3(big Richard Pryor fan) but this new version is much better then 3 and 4 and a new way of seeing Superman without alot of those "bad" moments we got in the original versions. I can't wait to start working on my versions of some movies to see what i can do and see if i can surpass or at the very least come close to the quality of work that you editors do here. Great website and keep the edits coming.

welcome, nicky boy, to FE. Yeah, let's make some more fanedits. :)

I think we all liked ADM's cool title credits but has anyone checked this guy's work? More of his stuff here

He's obviously gotten better but I note he never replies to anyone asking how he gets that great animation. I reckon it's because it either takes him weeks of hard work or he's not wanting to share. Or both.

I wonder if there's a Superman Whoosh animation program out there?

Now that would be cool, i love that whoosh animation. I've been thinking about editing Superman 1 and 2(Donner and Lester) into 1 movie while editing both movies into a 2 and halfhour movie. Thus making Superman redeemed the 2nd movie of the series and editing in the Donner cut of Superman 2 opening title sequence(even though i liked ADM opening).

i just watched this movie and honestly it was pretty damn good, I do however think that the ending was very weak because it ended 4 times, giving the ring to lana, showing the ring to lois, talking to the reporters, dropping lex off at Jail..

personally believe the reporter sceen could have been left out and the lex ending doesn;t work since the talk of mozart was not included earlier in the movie

i do howver love the lana love story, how it spaned the entire movie and pretty much ended on that note, it gave me hope for supermans poor broken heart

I hope you are still gonna make another version of this, cause I have a idea. You should cut down that Superman taking the bomb into outerspace scene. And after they finish listening to the radio you should cut to Superman waking up. That was in a deleted scene for Superman 4. And as others said, see if you can do something about adding dialogue about Superman turning evil after being scratched. A little more explanation wont hurt any. I love the cut tho, its now my prefered way to watch the movie.

I couldn't find anything wrong with this cut to be honest. I truly loved everything about it & is a dream come true for me to have this cut. I watch it everyday & is now my favourite Superman movie. I couldn't have asked for anything more than the quality edit we got from ADigitalMan on this one. :)

to the one who posted the 1 star: FY and FO. Guys like you are not welcome here.

Don't they have a right to their opinions, Boon?

PS: what does FY and FO mean? Am I missing something again?

yikes, I'm pretty sure I can figure out what FY and FO mean. Beckmen, yes everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But a 1? come on. I don't think that much in here deserves a 1 (to get a score of 1, i would think the work and concept would have to be atrocious). Most of the editors here have worked really hard on these edits, and a 1 seems like something more personal to me.

It means I am pissed at those ratings. Yes, they all have right to their opinions, but this is beyond rude for a quality product like ADM produces them. And this is my opinion, which I think I have a right to as well. FY = fuck you, FO = fuck off. And yes, I probably CAN track down the voter. Please, to all others, be nice. It is your sign of respect for the work that was brought to you for free.

boon, i definitely understand your frustration. That rating seems like something personal, and shows no respect for the work. I can honestly not think of how bad an edit would have to be for me to give it a one. Just the fact that someone took any amount of time to try to edit something deserves a better score than that, and all of ADMs work has been great. Let's hope there is a little more love in here from now on

If 1 is considered a sign of disrespect to thos who make the fan edits for us for free than why have the option to choose 1?, is that not like setting someone up for a backlash from one of you?. I say if you guys don't like the 1 then it shouldn't be there. I personally don't understand how it could get anything lower than the 5 it deserves but someone does & they have a right to vote, no matter the outcome. Especially if the majority are voting 5. I say let it go.

Back
Top Bottom