• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Superman Redeemed (a hybrid of III and IV by ADigitalMan)

OK, So this was my first download. My first viewing of ANY fan edited film. To quote Darth Vader - "Impressive, most impressive." If this is any indication of what this "MOVEMENT" is all about, then I am glad to be a part of it now.

"OK, So this was my first download. My first viewing of ANY fan edited film."

ADM is a TOP notch editor,his work rocks,keep your eyes on the rapidshare section here,Superman Returns is coming soon.

I enjoyed parts of this a lot, other times it felt like I was watching set pieces from different films one after the other.

yep, I agree, this movie felt to me a bit like watching scenes, but I really enjoyed the self made opening credits.

I get what you both are saying. I think, though, that he did a terrific job given the source material. Obviously, some things would have played out better had there been some nonexistent scenes existing :smile: I guess I am just surprised, and impressed, really, that he actually took so much out of two separate films and ended up with something fairly cohesive. Just my two cents. I always secretly liked III because I saw it at the right age I guess. But I admit I prefer this hybrid to III or IV now.

ADM did a great job.

I also had the feeling that I was watching scenes, but this can be explained very easily. The problem is that everybody already knows Superman III and IV. So when you watch ADM's cut, you unconsciously places those senes back to their original movies. Like that shot is from SM3 and that one from SM4. You have to switch off your mind, and watch this movie like it's the first time you watch a sequel to Superman II and then you have never seen Superman III and IV.

I think ADM did a good job in combining Superman III and IV.

There is a truth in what you say, T-Hope, however my last time to watch S3 & S4 is years ago...wasn't Richard Pryor in at least one of them?
So it isn't exactly that, it is a rather rough edit (judging by what ADM usually does), still highly recommendable and enjoyable and definetly an improvement over what I remember from 3&4.

T-HOPE said:
ADM did a great job.

I also had the feeling that I was watching scenes, but this can be explained very easily. The problem is that everybody already knows Superman III and IV. So when you watch ADM's cut, you unconsciously places those senes back to their original movies. Like that shot is from SM3 and that one from SM4. You have to switch off your mind, and watch this movie like it's the first time you watch a sequel to Superman II and then you have never seen Superman III and IV.

I think ADM did a good job in combining Superman III and IV.

Some bits of it flowed, other parts felt like a showcase of scenes one after the other. The Paris scene in the middle just didn't work. That scene was designed to kick off a film so it seemed odd to have it half way through. Also, was it me or were the opening frames after the credits out of sync? There were certainly some dropped frames and a bit of stuttering.

A very noble effort and a good idea, but for me it didn't really work.

The Paris scene in the middle just didn't work.

I disagree with this. Well, it worked for me anyway.

I am probably more familiar with Sup. III and IV then most as I have watched them quite often over the years. I have always liked S3, but S4 was certainly a piece of shit. I saw both in the theater (even Supergirl.) ADM's edit is one of the neatest, and certainly coolest ideas, I have yet seen in the world of Fan Edits. There are flaws with the edit for sure, but I attribute most of them to the source material. The fact that he came up with this idea (I guess it was his idea,) and then created a very neat movie (an alternate sequel to S2 for me,) is why I keep coming back to this site. T-Hope is right. If you're able to look at this like you've never before seen the originals, then it will work a lot better. The important part of this for me is that ADM's version is, in my mind, a better movie individually then either of the two originals.

Good job, ADM! Looking forward to whatever you have planned next!

Nobody's made any artwork for this one yet, eh? ***COUGHkrackerCOUGH*** ;-)

Ron Moses

I thought this edit was very well done and made it quite watchable. I will definately watch this again. My only gripe is the inclusion of John Cryer, damn I hate that guy..... :grin:

Artwork for those who come directly to this thread ...

icadmsredeemedcopyjh6.jpg

Hi-res: http://rapidshare.com/files/14356807/AD ... t.rar.html

Hello there, this is my first post here. I don?t have time to post regularly but I do check the board nearly every day (love what?s going on here). After seeing ADM?s 'Redeemed'& ?hybrid? cuts, I?d like to share my thoughts (for what it?s worth) and would like to ask ADM a question. In this post I?ll stick to ?Redeemed? obviously.

I think it was a great idea to make this cut and I enjoyed it very much. A few rough spots here and there but in general it worked for me. The scenes where we changed between Lana (III) and Lex (IV) worked really well and the Superman vs. Superman scene fitted nicely too. I was actually stunned (and delighted) by the fact that all of the Lacy, Pryor and most of Lenny was gone!

Personally I think I would have placed Lex? escape before the credits (great job on the credits too mr. ADM), as the time gap (meaning Lex? appearance) is a bit too large. Placing that scene before the credits makes it easier to bridge the gap; one could imagine that Lex had kept low profile a few years before coming up with another plan to destroy superman (but that?s a minor thing).

A more ?major? thing (for me at least) is that I would have loved to see Clark?s visit to the Kent farm and Superman?s visit to the fortress (both from IV) in ?Redeemed?. Question for ADM: Have you considered using the Kent farm and/or Fortress scenes in one way or another? Jor-el?s voice could have been used in the fortress scene maybe? I thought that keeping scenes could have added to the original idea to come full circle in Superman IV, but of course they must fit in. Any other people?s thought on this?

Finally I?d like to thank ADM (and the fellow editors) for all their hard work and of course the moderators of this site for keeping us informed and doing a great job.

Thanks for your kind words. To let you know the thought process behind the cuts I chose, I found the Fortress scene in IV pretty cheesy with the Elder shouting. "Betrayed .... betrayed ... Betraaayyyyyyeeeeeedddd" so that's why that scene was cut. I felt I accomplished more with the Jor-El memory while Clark pondered things closer to home.

As for the Kent farm (and a line in SIII that was cut), it had to do with Martha being dead. Since she was alive in Superman Returns, I wanted that to fit, so I cut the sequence. While I didn't hate it as a scene into itself, it was incongruous with the new storyline.

Finally, the reason why I busted out Lex when I did was because it had to do with Clark being away from Metropolis. He leaves Metropolis for Smallville and retreats to that quieter life twice in the story, and bad things happen both times. The other time being when he comes to Ricky's party, which gets blown up into the whole "Key to the City" thing. While he's gone the second time, the Terrorists take over the Eiffel Tower and he's clueless about it.

I especially love that Clark isn't lying to Perry when he gets back. He tells him he's been home (still true) and that he was reading Dickens, which I take to be a euphemism for "A Tale of Two Cities." Because this story revolves around Smallville and Metropolis that line really works for me.

O yes, that 'betrayed' thing was really bad (I forgot about it, just remembered the scenery itself which I liked cause it al least brought some 'spirit' of the first two movies back.

Thanks for explaining about Lex & the Kent farm - you sure give it some thought before making these edits. Thanks for all your effort and sharing it with us!

No prob. I like sharing my thought processes when they're requested in such a polite manner. :)

I just finished downloading "Superman Redeemed" from that page that had the movie divided into 39 parts, but I can't get it to work. Can anyone help me out?

be more specific please.
YOu have the 39 parts. What do you do next? What happens?

Back
Top Bottom