• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars - The Final Order by Spence

It sounds like there's a subtle score clash when we transition to the falcon in your first clip, but overall it seems really good. It has a really nice pace to it (like nothing in the theatrical).

Your second clip worked fine for me except at around 1:22. It might just be me, but something feels off when Kylo says Rey's name followed by her swinging her lightsaber.

Anywho, while I've not been keeping track consistently, the odd bits here and there that I've seen of your work on the film has me intrigued. It's not a film that I thought could be saved on any level, but I was surprised how much Hal was able to do with subtle changes. Maybe yours will take it to the next level... I might actively choose to go into yours with as little context as possible, heh.

Good call on the "Rey" line. I cut it and it feels more impactful for her to just turn and attack him without a prompt.

I'd really like to change the music in that scene, but the score and sound effects are all over every channel, it might just be too much to do well.

^^ While I like the aesthetic of the 2nd poster, you've stretched the image to make it fit the dimensions, which distorts the character's faces in an unnatural way. Stretching an image like that should always be avoided if possible. It's rare for it to go unnoticed.

What you could do instead is expand the image until it touches the sides, then drag it down so that you only have a white border at the top of the poster; then you can take a portion of the starfield (or grab another from elsewhere) and use that to extend the top of the picture upwards. Feathering should help it sit.
Alright Scribbler, that's it! šŸ˜ I'll fix it. It will be very simple by resizing it.

If I were to try and rebuild the audio and replace the music in the Force bond duel, does anyone have a recommendation? Everything I'm trying is either too fast paced or too slow.

A few more changes I have implemented:

- Created Leia's early death using footage of Kylo Ren from a deleted TLJ scene. His scenes reforming the helmet are now placed more naturally in the story to help the early pacing.

- Removed D-O's line "sad" when 3PO decides to sacrifice his memories. It's a nice scene that's undercut by the joke line.

- Re-inserted the scene where the Falcon is brought back to the Star Destroyer and Palpatine communes with Kylo, since I don't need the footage from that for Leia's death anymore.

- Removed the second time Rey mind tricks the stormtroopers. It's now just the first interaction, followed by "does she do that to us?"

- Added back in Finn and Poe's argument on Endor. Still trying to make it so Finn says "and so did Leia" as opposed to "and so does Leia".

- Flipped Kylo's redemption and Rey with Luke for continuity. She's on Ach-To for a while, so it doesn't make sense for him to still be standing in the exact same spot for a whole day. This also puts their "throwing away the saber" moments closer together for impact.

- Palpatine mentions Rey's "weak" parents, but it's framed as a dig at her as opposed to him actually knowing them.

- Rey now says "I'm a Jedi" instead of "I am all the Jedi".

Last edited:
Prepping a second workprint now. This one will be in 5.1 surround as I'm getting the mix better.

Let me know if interested. Please provide feedback if you reach out. If you do not intend to provide feedback please wait for the final release.

Thanks!

Last edited:
So I have two effects related things I'm trying to work out of the edit. One is essential, and one would be nice to have.

I need a new crawl. I've been trying to do it myself but I'm only working with Vegas Pro, and I just can't get it to look like it's an original crawl. If anyone has some experience making these and would be willing to put one together, I'd be very appreciative.

The other thing is just an idea I'm tooling around with. Basically, I'm using HAL9000's edit as a base, which means throughout the film there is a "crackle" effect added to Luke's lightsaber due to the damage from TLJ. Basically, it looks like Kylo's saber. It's really cool, because it also symbolizes the struggle within Rey.

What I'd like to add is when the saber is passed from Rey to Ben at the end, the saber is at first crackling, but then there's a flash/sound effect and it becomes a steady beam again. Basically, adding impact to the fact that Ben has finally stepped into his role as a Skywalker, and the saber is where it belongs.

Anyone have any ideas as to whether this is possible, or the ability to help me make it look cool?

I might be wrong, but I feel like @DigModiFicaTion might have a SW crawl creation tutorial around somewhere?
It just depends what program it uses. I don't have After Effects or any of the adobe things, Vegas Pro is my go to. I found a tutorial to do it on there but it's not quite right.

It just depends what program it uses. I don't have After Effects or any of the adobe things, Vegas Pro is my go to. I found a tutorial to do it on there but it's not quite right.
It is here.

I need a new crawl. I've been trying to do it myself
starwarsday.gif

A little teaser trailer I made for funsies:

amobex over on the OT forums was kind enough to create an opening crawl for me, as my experiments were getting there but still didn't feel quite right.

Otherwise, we are really getting there with this. There's a few more audio related things I need to clear up throughout, but generally the movie is there. I'm hoping to get this out at the latest May 4th.

I've had a major breakthrough with the force bond duel. I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner.

This took hours, and is probably some of the best faneditor work I've ever done. Please take a look at the below clip and let me know what you think!

I'm going to assume it's excellent because I have no idea what the edit is.

That's hilarious! Especially, since no one has pointed out what's different. I was looking for a lightsaber throw or something. More hilarious in my case because I've been watching an edit of this movie that's part of a larger edit to approve it. Must be my meds...

Back
Top Bottom