• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

STAR WARS: Rogue One

long neck. red hair. all systems are fabulously go.

Moe_Syzlak said:
TMBTM said:
At first viewing I thought the theme from Vader was here. But it was strangely the medals ceremony theme (throne room theme) playing like Vader's theme. (very end)

EDIT: Haha, in fact they play both themes together. Right? or am I imagining too much?
I hear only the Inperial March. It's A-A-A-F-C-A-F-C-A.
I finally watched this a second time and this time on a proper system. There's definitely the Binary Sunset theme played underneath the Imperial March.

TM2YC said:
I must say I'll be a trifle disappointed if this doesn't take place hours (or less) before ANH.

Yeah, I feel the same and I think it is what we will see. I really want to see the plans delivered either on Alderaan or even directly at the Tantive IV.
The plans NEVER were at the Rebellion's headquater before the end of Episode IV and I don't see why it would take one or two years for them to be in Leia's hands.

TMBTM said:
I really want to see the plans delivered either on Alderaan or even directly at the Tantive IV.

Vader said...

"Don't act so surprised, your Highness.
You weren't on any mercy mission this time.
Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by Rebel spies.
I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you."

...so they probably aren't going to step foot on the Tantive IV but I'd love to get a proper look at Alderaan at last.

TMBTM said:
and I don't see why it would take one or two years for them to be in Leia's hands.

Hee hee. Maybe there's a story about that...a story that could fill a whole movie...

Brumous said:
TMBTM said:
and I don't see why it would take one or two years for them to be in Leia's hands.

Hee hee. Maybe there's a story about that...a story that could fill a whole movie...

Rogue Two!

Listened to an IGN Movies podcast in which they mentioned speculation as to a link between Jyn and Rey, perhaps even mother/daughter. If that were true, assuming Jyn has no great Force sensitivity... perhaps Luke got lucky at some point?   :p

I've read in some article today, that Stephen Stanton was speaking in some interview about RO, and he appeared to know a lot about the movie's plot. For those who don't know who Stanton is: the guy voiced TARKIN in TCW and Rebels, and I'm not wrong, he read this audio-book "Tarkin" or something like that.
So, if this Stanton guy appears to be well-informed about RO movie, that makes very possiible that we'll see Tarkin's rumored cameo in "Rogue One" :)

In this year, I'm gonna finally watch the first spin-offs of SW, Ewoks movies. Let's make it a SW spin-off's year :)

Somewhat surprisingly, there will be a new actor under the Vader mask in Rogue One: Spencer Wilding, a tall actor who's appeared in a lot of things in costume and under prosthetics.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/13/docto...ader-in-new-star-wars-film-rogue-one-5812804/

Obviously it wasn't going to be David Prowse, but I thought it might actually be Hayden Christensen, since his career seems to unfortunately be about at the level of "appears in a costume with no dialogue" these days. (I'm assuming at this point that James Earl Jones will still provide the voice, as he's been doing for Rebels.)

I know that Disney is trying to distance themselves from the PT, but if he's just the guy in the costume, I figured it will be a cool callback for those who like the prequels, and it won't affect the movie for anyone else. At least that's how I thought Disney would see it. 

But as for myself, even though it's an intriguing development, I doubt it will affect how much I enjoy the movie.

I assume that they're going for a Darth Vader who resembles the original David Prowse/Sebastian Shaw version, so they need someone tall and imposing. Why would they hire Hayden Christiansen just to be hidden away in a mask and/or under prosthetics, when they can hire someone taller and bulkier who can do the same job for less money?

Hayden Christensen looked fine in the costume for one short scene where he didn't have to do much, but if Darth Vader is going to play even a semi-prominent role in "Rogue One", it's better to have an actor with a more imposing stature.

TomH1138 said:
(I'm assuming at this point that James Earl Jones will still provide the voice, as he's been doing for Rebels.)

Jones does the voice? And all this time I thought it was a third rate actor since it sounds nothing him.

hbenthow said:
I assume that they're going for a Darth Vader who resembles the original David Prowse/Sebastian Shaw version, so they need someone tall and imposing. Why would they hire Hayden Christiansen just to be hidden away in a mask and/or under prosthetics, when they can hire someone taller and bulkier who can do the same job for less money?

Hayden Christiansen looked fine in the costume for one short scene where he didn't have to do much, but if Darth Vader is going to play even a semi-prominent role in "Rogue One", it's better to have an actor with a more imposing stature.

Fair enough. I always took it that Christensen was hired in the first place not for his acting ability, but for his height and his passing resemblance to Mark Hammill. (I've never investigated this; I was just guessing.) So I thought maybe they'd want him back for his height, and figured that he probably didn't have anything better to do. But I'm not crying any tears over him not being in it.  :p

Q2 said:
Jones does the voice? And all this time I thought it was a third rate actor since it sounds nothing like him.

Yep, it's him:

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000005/?ref_=fn_al_ch_1

I wonder if the sound engineers are not using the right audio processor on his voice. There have been a few projects where C-3P0 didn't sound like himself even though Anthony Daniels was voicing him. (The Holiday Special animated segments, maybe?) 

I mean, this is Lucasfilm, so you wouldn't think they would get it wrong, of all people. But it's happened before.

Or maybe Jones' voice has just changed too much in 40 years. That's a sad thought but not impossible.

TomH1138 said:
I wonder if the sound engineers are not using the right audio processor on his voice. There have been a few projects where C-3P0 didn't sound like himself even though Anthony Daniels was voicing him. (The Holiday Special animated segments, maybe?)

I can't find the source now, but I read that he recorded his voiceovers for "Rebels" at his home, instead of at a studio. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Thought I'd make a quick mashup of ANH:R with Rogue One.

^ Impressive... most impressive.

Q2 said:
Jones does the voice? And all this time I thought it was a third rate actor since it sounds nothing him.

I can't remember where I read it or if I'm making this all up in my head, but I believe Jones' voice is actually in a higher pitch due to it being Vader at a much younger point (which does create a continuity error with his normal pitch in Revenge of the Sith).

I thought the same thing about it being a different actor until I saw his name in the Rebels credits.

Very nice work emansfan.  I saw it over on OT.com and stuck it in the 'Fanmade Trailers' section here afterwards.  I didn't realise you'd put it on this thread till just now, but no matter. :shy:

Back
Top Bottom