• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

STAR WARS: Rogue One

@TMBTM, I think it's the Imperial March and Force Theme played together.

Ultra Panavision 70's are now officially confirmed to be the lenses used here, via Panavision's website.

http://www.panavision.com/products/ultra-panavision-70-lenses
"Feature Films:  Ben Hur, The Hateful Eight, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story"

http://www.panavision.com/new-rogue-one-star-wars-story-trailer
"Photographed by Greig Fraser, ACS, ASC with Panavision's new anamorphic ULTRA PANAVISION 70 optics."

Not surprised, given I noticed the unique artifacts of the lenses in the trailer.  So I guess that means that this film really is using OLDER lenses than the ones used for the original Star Wars.

I'm very excited to see a Star Wars film in a very different style, mixed with the SW77 tech.  Watching this trailer reminds me of how I felt watching the original for the first time as a 5 year old.

When I expressed my dislike for Ep VII, I said that I'd have preferred it if that movie's focus had been on primarily on our new badass heroine, rather than making her story share subplots with those of Finn, Han, and Kylo, and that I also wished the movie had little to no Skywalker drama, and not mucked up the Big Three's post-RotJ years.

In other words, I asked for a movie that sounds a lot like this looks, so count me in among those now excited. My only quibble is it might have been nice to have a protagonist with another accent than English for variety's sake, but yeah, that was one damn fine teaser. :cool:

Gaith said:
When I expressed my dislike for Ep VII, I said that I'd have preferred it if that movie's focus had been on primarily on our new badass heroine, rather than making her story share subplots with those of Finn, Han, and Kylo, and that I also wished the movie had little to no Skywalker drama, and not mucked up the Big Three's post-RotJ years.

I couldn't agree more with the part of your quote I have in bold letters. 

When I saw the part of the trailer where Han says, "Chewie, we're home," I assumed that he was having to come out of retirement to face a new threat to the Galaxy (after decades of of happy but uneventful living), and was thrilled to relive the action-filled glory days of his youth. Alas, no such luck. The movie reveals that our heroes had only a few happy years before everything went south. I liked the new characters and their stories (Rey, Finn, etc), but I wish they hadn't ruined the happy ending of the originals (at least not to the degree they did, anyhow), and had used the characters from the original trilogy only as supporting cast, instead of giving us a "Skywalkers: The Next Generation" storyline.

I don't think it ruined anything.

MWRK said:
Was super stoked to see Mon Mothma, I agree with Tom H1138 that she looks like the same actress from the prequel trilogy.

It is, it's Genevieve O'Reilly. Her IMDB page shows credits for both Ep III and Rogue One.

njvc said:
@TMBTM, I think it's the Imperial March and Force Theme played together.

Yeah I think it is. First I thought about the throne room scene but the Throne Room scene is basicaly a triumphant version of the Force theme anyway.

Oh, and the cynical in me can't resist to say....
A Deah Star... AGAIN???

;)

TMBTM said:
Oh, and the cynical in me can't resist to say....
A Death Star... AGAIN???

;)

ha, but to be fair, this is THE Death Star

I mean, why can't we see something original for once?

Looks like fun. Did I see the guy from the Place Beyond The Pines in the trailer as a grand moff? Cause HOLY SHIT, That guy is a kick ass actor! And Ghost Dog is in Star Wars? :cool:

Rogue-theX said:
Looks like fun. Did I see the guy from the Place Beyond The Pines in the trailer as a grand moff? Cause HOLY SHIT, That guy is a kick ass actor! And Ghost Dog is in Star Wars? :cool:

Should I be embarrassed to admit I don't know what any of this means?

Rogue-theX said:

Yes it is Ben Mendelson. Based on his suit he is playing a Grand Admiral and not a grand Moff.
He also had a small role in The Dark Knight Rises (the bad guy who thought he hired Bane, but got fucked in the end)

Rogue-theX said:
Who cares?

c1aaf2da334d6b4be167f0119ed85d77.jpg

If you like Mendelson, check out the Australian flick Animal Kingdom.

TVs Frink said:
I don't think it ruined anything.

How much darker would TFA's backstory have to be to until you said it ruined our Big Three's post-RotJ lives? Next you'll tell me RotS didn't ruin Anakin and Padme's AotC marriage! :huh:

And Ben Mendelsohn is awesome on the Netflix show Bloodline, with Kyle Chandler.

Gaith said:
How much darker would TFA's backstory have to be to until you said it ruined our Big Three's post-RotJ lives? Next you'll tell me RotS didn't ruin Anakin and Padme's AotC marriage! :huh:

The TFA backstory was perfect IMO. It made total sense. As for ROTS, there wasn't anything worth not ruining, so I don't really care.

Rubbing my hands at the prospect of an ultra-serious version of jarjar in Rogue Two.

Cereally, mendelsohn is an awesome actor.

And supercereally, I haven't seen or heard of anything of the sort, but it's only a matter of time before someone jarjarizes the Rogue One trailer.

Back
Top Bottom