• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

STAR WARS: Rogue One

I like the droid. He's got a very HK-47 style attitude :cool:

I like Magic Stick Man.

TVs Frink said:
I like Magic Stick Man.

Yeah, looking forward to Donnie Yen doing his thing.  Having a Hong Kong action star in a Star Wars movie is something I've wanted to see for quite some time.

matrixgrindhouse said:
Having a Hong Kong action star in a Star Wars movie is something I've wanted to see for quite some time.

Hopefully there will be blaster shootout finale at a Jedi Temple, with slow-motion Mynocks flying past the camera.

Well, the new trailer certainly had some terrific shots in it!  :)   

I wasn't expecting ROGUE ONE to look quite so good as this, but it's shaping up to have a heap of great imagery in it so far - in fact, it made me check out the previous 'Behind-The-Scenes CELEBRATION REEL' clip again (that emansfan posted on page 9)...to look at that with a fresh eye, now that I know how good this movie's footage is looking so far.

And while the trailer music has been well-judged so far, I just hope that the actual score by Alexandre Desplat turns out to be as effective too...as I'm bound to miss hearing a John Williams soundtrack this time around.

Anyway, for those of you that aren't worried about any 'spoilers' of any sort, I dug around a little and found a 'leaked' copy of the previously unseen trailer that the folks at the 'Celebration event' got to see.  It's low quality, but it's the best that seems to be out there if you want a peek at some of it's additional footage.  Enlarge it for maximum impact - https://streamable.com/rzww

Alexandre Desplat eh? The soundtrack is bound to be good then.

ImperialFighter said:
Well, the new trailer certainly had some terrific shots in it!  :)   

I wasn't expecting ROGUE ONE to look quite so good as this, but it's shaping up to have a heap of great imagery in it so far - in fact, it made me check out the previous 'Behind-The-Scenes CELEBRATION REEL' clip again (that emansfan posted on page 9)...to look at that with a fresh eye, now that I know how good this movie's footage is looking so far.

And while the trailer music has been well-judged so far, I just hope that the actual score by Alexandre Desplat turns out to be as effective too...as I'm bound to miss hearing a John Williams soundtrack this time around.

Anyway, for those of you that aren't worried about any 'spoilers' of any sort, I dug around a little and found a 'leaked' copy of the previously unseen trailer that the folks at the 'Celebration event' got to see.  It's low quality, but it's the best that seems to be out there if you want a peek at some of it's additional footage.  Enlarge it for maximum impact - https://streamable.com/rzww

Nice find! I can't believe that's still online. The new trailer is better imo, but the vader reveal on the Celebration trailer is way better.

L8wrtr said:
The new trailer is better imo, but the vader reveal on the Celebration trailer is way better.

Agreed, that's exactly what I said over at OT.com recently.  More about that in my 'spoiler' link below.

I reckon the final shot in that 'leaked' Celebration event trailer was a far better reveal of Vader, compared to the one in the otherwise excellent new trailer.  It's just a pity that the 'reflection' on the shiny Death Star floor is so hard to make out in that 'shakey cam' trailer, but here's an inverted comparison pic I came across which is easier to study.  You can just about make out in the trailer that there's another person near him in the shot, as the camera moves forward through the set - an 'officer' of some sort I guess.  I'm looking forward to seeing this actual shot properly in the movie -

qgB7Ds6.jpg

ImperialFighter said:
L8wrtr said:
The new trailer is better imo, but the vader reveal on the Celebration trailer is way better.

Agreed, that's exactly what I said over at OT.com recently.  More about that in my 'spoiler' link below.

I reckon the final shot in that 'leaked' Celebration event trailer was a far better reveal of Vader, compared to the one in the otherwise excellent new trailer.  It's just a pity that the 'reflection' on the shiny Death Star floor is so hard to make out in that 'shakey cam' trailer, but here's an inverted comparison pic I came across which is easier to study.  You can just about make out in the trailer that there's another person near him in the shot, as the camera moves forward through the set - an 'officer' of some sort I guess.  I'm looking forward to seeing this actual shot properly in the movie -

qgB7Ds6.jpg

It looks like it looks beautiful.

^ Well that's fanedit of the year then  :D. Genius remixing in the already iconic alarm sound with the music!

New International Trailer.

Nothing new, except it seems that daddies just keep creeping into Star Wars films.

DigModiFicaTion said:
New International Trailer.

Nothing new, except it seems that daddies just keep creeping into Star Wars films.

Thank you!

That Beastie Boys trailer was outstanding. It would work well enough on its own, but considering the link between "Sabotage" and modern Star Trek, and JJ Abrams' link to both franchises, this works on a different level, too.

This Empire variant cover is beautiful...

Empire-rogue-730x946.jpg

I want it as a poster now! :D

Was ruminating upon this here movie today and wondered - is this lass a Bothan?

dangermouse said:

I've had the same thought, then my wife pointed out that many Bothan's died stealing the plans for the second Death Star. :rolleyes:

dangermouse said:

Perhaps, but 'Bothans' are only mentioned in ROTJ in conjunction with getting the plans for the new (improved?) 2nd Death Star it features...so aren't necessarily going to be shown in RO prior to the original Death Star seen in ANH.

EDIT:  Dig just beat me to that point.  :p

I originally thought that this particular species which was seen a couple of times during TFA was a likely candidate to be a 'Bothan'...but this seems to cast doubt on that - www.talkstarwars.co.uk/news/vober-dand-the-force-awakens

Back
Top Bottom