• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars: Rise of the Rebellion, A Rogue One Edit

So it looks like DVD architect exported my 5.1 mix incorrectly for the blu ray edition of this edit which threw all the audio into the front channel essentially making it a stereo mix. I'm working on a fix.

The MP4 file is uneffected.

DigModiFicaTion said:
So it looks like DVD architect exported my 5.1 mix incorrectly for the blu ray edition of this edit which threw all the audio into the front channel essentially making it a stereo mix. I'm working on a fix.

The MP4 file is uneffected.

That's unfortunate. Good luck on fixing. :)

DigModiFicaTion, one thing I am curious about is how different your color grading of HttF is versus this edit. WHy not keep them consistent? Have you though about using Ady's as the baseline vs the Blue Rays?

DigModiFicaTion said:
hbenthow said:
Are you still attempting to also create a version in which it's implied that Jyn and Cassian made it off of Scariff?

At this time no. I'm currently job hunting and don't have the mind or focus to pull that off. The preexisting footage would need to be heavily modified and or recreated digitally to pull it off. I don't have a good base 3d model of a U-wing to mess around with so unless I can re purpose the shots that are already present, I'm not sure I can pull it off right now.

Would any of the 3D models on either of the pages below be suitable?

https://forum.facepunch.com/f/fbx/qwjo/Star-Wars-Model-Links-Thread-V2/52/#postkdmnu

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search/?backendClass=entity&q=U-Wing

hbenthow said:
hbenthow said:
Are you still attempting to also create a version in which it's implied that Jyn and Cassian made it off of Scariff?

Would any of the 3D models on either of the pages below be suitable?

https://forum.facepunch.com/f/fbx/qwjo/Star-Wars-Model-Links-Thread-V2/52/#postkdmnu

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search/?backendClass=entity&q=U-Wing

Sadly no. The models would need to have a photorealism to them or it just wouldn't jive.

Now if I could get this person to animate this u-wing the possibilities would drastically improve.

The only other sources that I've found that could be used are this video to show them escaping from Scarif (planet color correction would be needed),

and some of these could be used for far shots.

DigModiFicaTion said:
Now if I could get this person to animate this u-wing the possibilities would drastically improve.

Have you reached out to ask him whether he would be willing to help?

The only other sources that I've found that could be used are this video to show them escaping from Scarif (planet color correction would be needed),

and some of these could be used for far shots.

Those two videos alone provide a lot of possibilities. I remember a test you did a while back in which you edited that first one into the ending scene of "Rogue One", and it worked quite well, in my opinion. That second video provides even more options (for example, you could create a far shot using a U-wing shot from the second video added into some Scarif footage (or footage of something that could pass for Scarif) to show them starting to leave the planet, then use the first video to show them entering outer space.

I've never watched a Star Wars movie I need to starting watching them so I know what you guys r talking about in these threads but first how many Star Wars movies are there

SonofSinbad said:
I've never watched a Star Wars movie I need to starting watching them so I know what you guys r talking about in these threads but first how many Star Wars movies are there

The "main" Star Wars movies are the Original Trilogy, the Prequel Trilogy, the Sequel Trilogy, and the Anthology movies.

The Original Trilogy are the best three, and I recommend starting by watching those. Although they are named as though they are the third, fifth, and sixth movies, they were actually made before episodes one, two, and three. They are as follows:

"Star Wars" (1977) (Also often referred to as "Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope").

"Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back" (1980)

"Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi" (1983)

Later came the Prequel Trilogy, which was set before the Original Trilogy. It consists of the following: 

"Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" (1999)

"Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones" (2002)

"Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" (2005)

More recently, the Sequel Trilogy (which is set after the Original Trilogy) has started, but is not yet finished. So far, only two of its three movies have been made. The third is supposed to come out next year. The two Sequel Trilogy movies that have been made so far are as follows:

"Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" (2015)

"Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi" (2017)

Also, there are now what are known as the Anthology movies. These are recently-made Star Wars movies that aren't part of any trilogy, but are instead meant to be able to be watched on their own (although it helps to have already watched the Original Trilogy before watching them). So far, one has been released already, and the other is going to be released next month. They are as follows:

"Rogue One" (2016)

"Solo: A Star Wars Story" (2018) (Coming out next month.)

All of those that I just mentioned are the "main" Star Wars movies, in that they are the well-known ones. As I mentioned, there are nine now, and will be ten when "Solo: A Star Wars Story" is released next month.

There are also some Star Wars television shows and specials, but it's best to have watched the original series (and for some of them, the prequels) before watching those.

Some of the Star Wars movies have fanedits that are better than the official versions of the movies. For example, I would recommend watching Adywan's Revisisted edits of "Star Wars" (1977) and "Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back" before the official copies.

While I would absolutely recommend fan edits for some Star Wars movies, in particular the one this thread is about. I can not recommend going with fan edits beyond Despecialized for a first viewing of the OT. I mean, I almost wouldn’t call Despecialized a fan edit in that it simply restores the theatrical versions. And I do love the Revsisted edits, but you’ve got to start with the originals for the OT.

SonofSinbad said:
I've got a lot of watching to do

In my opinion the best way to watch Star Wars is like this:

1. Star Wars: Episode IV - Revisited
2. Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back: Revisited
3. Episode I - The Phantom Menace
4. Episode II - Attack of the Clones
5. Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
6. Episode VI - Return of the Jedi: A @"Q2" Fanedit
7. Episode VII - The Force Awakens
8. Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

There are several reasons I put the Prequels between V and VI. For one thing, they become far more enjoyable and better stories. Return of the Jedi most effectively resolves both Luke's and Anakin's stories, a huge advantage and satisfaction you wouldn't get without watching all the Prequels between V and VI. Also, don't skip Episode I. It has important character developments that makes Episode II, the worst of the series, work best.

Watching fanedits of the Prequels would work far better though. I recommend the fan edits by @"L8wrtr", @"seciors" or @"Hal9000". Pappy @"Sinbad" can help you with that.

You can watch Rogue One anytime you want after Episode IV-- I wouldn't recommend watching it before. @"DigModiFicaTion" and @"TM2YC" each has a great fanedit of Rogue One.

DigModiFicaTion said:
Skip the prequels.

In my opinion, don't skip the prequels. No offence Dig. But if you ask me, they add something valuable to the experience. Just because everyone says they're bad doesn't mean you should jump on the hate bandwagon. Form your own opinion, be original.

DigModiFicaTion said:
My first reaction to this is, "Shame on you @"Sinbad"!" :p

My suggestion is to watch Rogue One (I'd personally watch RotR ;), then Adywan's Purist edition of Episode IV, Adywan's Empire Strikes Back: Revisited and then Return of the Jedi.

Skip the prequels.

Haha yeah my opinion of the Star Wars films has changed a lot over the years, I remember seeing Star Wars at the cinema at the age of six back in '77 and being absolutely blown away by it.  Then when I saw Empire at 9 I was just too young to appreciate it and it just felt like half a film at that age.  By the time Jedi came along that was my favourite of them all and I loved the Ewoks :(.  Fast forward a few years and I had decided Star Wars was for kids as a surly teenager.  The general debacle of the first two prequels  re-enforced that feeling but I was impressed by ROTS when it first came out and I have recently started to change my opinion again. I wasn't particularly blown away by TFA at first but I like it more rather than less on subsquent viewings and I've really warmed to Rey, Finn and Kylo Ren and consider TLJ the best Star Wars film since Empire. 

Definitely agree with Digmod though the prequels are not a good introduction to inspire confidence in the rest of it! :)  Has anyone ever tried to create an edit of episode 1 and 2 around the two hour mark with all the childish stuff removed? I think the sequels would definitely be more bearable in that context along with a trimmed version of Sith

I think Adywayn's ANH and ESB, then Harmy's ROTJ (for now) is the best introduction to first time Star Wars viewings.  Mixing in the PT doesn't make the OT better...

Detective said:
Mixing in the PT doesn't make the OT better...

I disagree, but whatever. It’s Sinbad’s and SonofSinbad’s decision.

I’m shocked people are recommending Revisited over Despecialized for a first viewing. I love Revisited but for the first time!? No.

Masirimso17 said:
DigModiFicaTion said:
Skip the prequels.
In my opinion, don't skip the prequels. No offence Dig. But if you ask me, they add something valuable to the experience. Just because everyone says they're bad doesn't mean you should jump on the hate bandwagon. Form your own opinion, be original.

Not linking something most people don't like isn't jumping on the bandwagon, it's recognizing that just because something is part of a larger work you enjoy it doesn't make it good or even worthwhile. I agree that you should watch them at some point to make your own decisions about them, but there's a good chance you'll think they're trash because, basically, they are.

Hey guys, back on topic. Take the discussion of viewing order / episode merit to a more relevant topic.

Just wanted to say a big thanks to DigModiFicaTion for an excellent edit, which is my go to version!

Back
Top Bottom