• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars: Rise of the Rebellion, A Rogue One Edit

@"DigModiFicaTion", I think that I may have found a U-wing 3D model that's photorealistic enough. The links to the model and textures are included in the Facebook post linked to in the top link. The bottom link includes a sample photo of a render made using the model, as well as (in the comments) the discussion in which I asked the model creator's permission to share the links with you (which he granted).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/649195025218685/permalink/788078261330360/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/649195025218685/permalink/922912431180275/

I've been going back and dusting off some of my old projects to see what my current eyes might do to them and found another scene where for some reason Garreth Edwards dropped a reaction shot then continued the same scene while repeating 2 frames.

Moe_Syzlak said:
What am I looking at?

0:25 & 0:59

It's similar to the cut that was made during the introduction of Chirrut and Baze when Baze fires on the stormtroopers. Garreth cuts away to a reaction shot then returns to the previous shot. When you remove the reaction shot it's a seamless scene and works better, imo.

More messing around with this edit. The opening custom shot of Krennic's shuttle just never looked right to me. It didn't have any blur on it and the mode just looked stagnant. Here's an attempt to better match it to what we see referenced in the first portion of the clip.

I reached out to the team that made Star Wars Odyssey to see if they are ok with me using their footage to create a survivor cut of this edit. I had hoped to get Jyn and Cassian off of Scarif, but never quite found a way to do it. I think the footage found in this fanfilm has the content and is at a high enough caliber to work with the film. Here's hoping they say yes.

DigModiFicaTion said:
I reached out to the team that made Star Wars Odyssey to see if they are ok with me using their footage to create a survivor cut of this edit. I had hoped to get Jyn and Cassian off of Scarif, but never quite found a way to do it. I think the footage found in this fanfilm has the content and is at a high enough caliber to work with the film. Here's hoping they say yes.

First, I need to say your COAXIUM HEIST and RISE OF THE REBELLION edits are the best Star wars edits I ever watched. Besides the Harmy's Despecialized Edition :) but does do not count.

How will you get Jyn and Cassian to the shuttle? Shoot I c now. Using the teaser trailer footage. 

Sorry i lost track of why now you are not using the U wing repurpose shots anymore and want to use this shuttle footage instead.

Hey, @DigModiFicaTion, I'm bummed to not see RotR v2 among your 2022 goals :(
I remember Burbin over on OT made some more improvements to the deepfake shots last year, and I'd love to see that making to the base cut (that and the fan film footage you used on the Survivor Cut).
So hopefully you don't think there's lack of interest. I'm certainly looking forward to it!

Hey, @DigModiFicaTion, I'm bummed to not see RotR v2 among your 2022 goals :(
I remember Burbin over on OT made some more improvements to the deepfake shots last year, and I'd love to see that making to the base cut (that and the fan film footage you used on the Survivor Cut).
So hopefully you don't think there's lack of interest. I'm certainly looking forward to it!
Have to concur with this. To me ROTR is the premier a rogue One edit and I’d love to see the improves to Tarkin and Lea from the survivor edition incorporated

Oh, I missed that post. Definitely an improvement. That and the deepfakes will make RotR v2 a true OT piece. Is work on v2 tied to your planned Andor cuts?
I think the baseline original ROTR narrative updates included in the survivor cut would find their way into the Andor cut. I probably should just update ROTR to the latest version with the updated intro from the survivor cut and the updated deepfakes.

I honestly can't wait. I hope it also includes the Odyssey scenes and the Vader dub.

Unpretentious suggestion: remove the quick sequence of Jyn ascending the citadel tower through the trap door. Odd place for a meat grinder, and a unnecessary action beat to an already action-packed final act.

Back
Top Bottom