• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars: Renascent - by Asteroid-Man

Asteroid-Man said:
First post updated with new address.

lol, I thought you put your home address there in case anybody wanted to send you some blank DVDs for you to burn.

Neglify said:
lol, I thought you put your home address there in case anybody wanted to send you some blank DVDs for you to burn.
Haha, now there's an idea!

jtm5118 said:
Any chance on getting a link on these?
You can find it through the .info site.

I remember Frink did a re-upload a while back. I've PM'd him to see what he's got.

Two quick questions for the others:
1. How does one get in the SW Hall of Fame?
2. How does one get a banner up on the rotating title (at the top of the page)

According to here: http://www.fanedit.org/forums/content.php?61-the-greatest-star-wars-fanedits_1s
To make it to this list a fanedit needs at least 5 ratings with an average of 8.3/10 or at least 10 ratings with an average of 8.0/10.

But there hasn't been any new greatest SW edits added to that page or the regular hall of fame in some time, IIRC it had something to do with too many edits coming out and becoming too fastly eligable or something, a silly reason to stop adding them to the pages but maybe im forgetting something, maybe it was just that the staff are too busy with other matters.

EDIT: Iv never submitted a banner but i think thats all you have to do, then wait your turn until its put up on rotation.

For banners, use the banner submission link in the submit dropdown menu.

I just checked the dlc on info and it is the one I uploaded. Both the dlc and the links it contains are 100% available. The host is Megashares, sometimes you need a little patience. But all the files are online.

Asteroid-Man said:
1. How does one get in the SW Hall of Fame?
It's been a while since the staff discussed this, so I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it was decided that the Greatest/Hall of Fame requirements needed to be updated with either a higher number of votes, a longer waiting period, a higher average, or some combination of the three. Unfortunately other site issues (including the 2011 FE Awards and some pretty significant behind-the-scenes work) got in the way. We'll get back to it one day I'm sure, but for now I think the Hall is frozen until the issue is resolved by the staff.

TV's Frink said:
For banners, use the banner submission link in the submit dropdown menu.
Thank you good sir!
TV's Frink said:
I just checked the dlc on info and it is the one I uploaded. Both the dlc and the links it contains are 100% available. The host is Megashares, sometimes you need a little patience. But all the files are online.
Ok sweet, thanks! I wonder what jtm5118 is doing wrong...
TV's Frink said:
It's been a while since the staff discussed this, so I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it was decided that the Greatest/Hall of Fame requirements needed to be updated with either a higher number of votes, a longer waiting period, a higher average, or some combination of the three. Unfortunately other site issues (including the 2011 FE Awards and some pretty significant behind-the-scenes work) got in the way. We'll get back to it one day I'm sure, but for now I think the Hall is frozen until the issue is resolved by the staff.
Alright, cool. Either way, I know this edit isn't there ...yet.

This sounds like an awesome edit, Asteroid-Man, can you do a HD-version of this?

Edit-reason: Captain Khajit's valid argument below.

Someone cannot simply make an HD version of another's work without asking. You might try asking the faneditor if he has any plans to release one.

I plan on revisiting this after ROTJ: Ren and recutting it in HD (also fixing a couple audio issues and changing the music from the Vader/Obi-Wan duel).

ESB and ROTJ will be available in 480p, 720p and 1080p.

Captain Khajiit said:
Someone cannot simply make an HD version of another's work without asking.
What goes on between a person and his or her consenting computer in the privacy of their own home is not to be judged. :p

onedoesnotsimply1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom