• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars: Renascent - by Asteroid-Man

Different colors/quality could be a good thing. Ever seen Traffic? They can help to differentiate.

That's exactly it - after I had released the work print, someone had suggested I make obvious adjustments to colour and quality to mark the beginnings and ends of the AOTC segments, with it slowly fading back in to normal and then back out again. He had remarked that a first time viewer might get thrown off, being tossed back and forth between the two films; I liked the audio and thought it worked so there it is - traffic lights. ;)

wow, dude. this looks really face-rippin'!

i should elaborate on my keenness to see this edit.

i haven't followed any discussions about this @ OT.com, and it wouldn't surprise me if others have already expressed a similar view.

methinks the reason such a fanedit would work so well is that it salvages the prequels in the only satisfying way possible: as flashback snippets. IMVHO, the prequels are so poop-ridden that even the most deft cuts leave movies unworthy of episodes 4 & 5. hack the prequels down to 50-minutes each, and they'll still be flawed. but as evocative, momentary flashbacks within the context of the original trilogy, shards of the prequels work nicely, at least on the preview.

That's essentially exactly it. InfoDroid and TJ had recognised that if they cut the Star Wars films in the style of the Godfather Part II, the true jewels of the PT could be drawn out.

The issues with the PT for me are that they contain some incredible scenes and moments but then become utterly ruined by elements of pure rubbish. Even some of the dialogue is fine but things like "Yippie" or Jar-Jar adding "eessa" at the end of everything just ruins something bearable.

No link for the standalone video file version @ fanedit.info?

I sent the links to L8... I dunno why he never added them. I'll PM him now.

Asteroid-Man said:
I sent the links to L8... I dunno why he never added them. I'll PM him now.

Thanks, still no link though.

b/c he stays thirsty. ;)

L8s been really busy. An entire release week was skipped last week. Maybe it will make it online with the new edits today?

There was a bit of a communication error between L8 and I - anyways, he's now got the links for the digital copy and will be posting a mirror file for them soon.

I will update the thread once everything is in place. Sorry for the misunderstanding AM!

Yikes! Not too sure what you can do about it, though, since your use of the images is a gray area in itself...

That's a new one. Profiting off of a FanEdit's cover art

Back
Top Bottom