• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars Episode I: The Rise of Naboo

Under request from a friend on fanedit.org, I have created a trailer for my edit of Episode I. Hope you enjoy it! 😊

After several viewings, I consider this edit approved. Thanks to @lantern51 for previewing the edit and assisting in the approval process. Congratulations, @Eyepainter . We look forward to the completion of the trilogy and the Eyes Wide Open version of Eyes Wide Shut.

Last edited:
Thanks again guys! Gonna be updating the main topic soon!

Just a small announcement for some of you out there. I’m working on the English subtitle track. Just completed the first 15 minutes as a matter of fact. Hopefully, uploading the actual track isn’t gonna be too challenging, as it usually is just a tiny file I can upload with relative ease.

Currently at the podrace with the subtitles.

In the wake of what has just happened here on ifdb, I have come to the difficult but necessary decision to change the cover art that former member ArtisDead created for my already released edits. However, because I am not a cover artist, I will need help from other members here on IFDb. If you would like to try your hand at updating the cover art, feel free to post or PM your ideas.

After continuing to give more thought to the matter, I have decided to remove ArtisDead's name from my edits and will be re-releasing them accordingly (and yes, I will also be disregarding his Episode II poster, which you can see a few posts above if you're that interested). This will have little to no effect on the ifdb pages (Until I talk to an admin about re-editing the pages accordingly, which will be soon), but it will have an effect on anyone who sends me a PM, as there will be a small delay. Much like my Eyes Wide Shut edit, I've also lost the color grade for v3.5, and I currently have an incomplete grade. I will work on finishing it, even though it's also a prototype. Not gonna make any promises that it's an improvement, but under the circumstances, it will have to do for now. My apologies for the inconveniences that will be caused, but I'm confident everyone here understands why I'm doing this.

Took a crack at the poster. Tell me if you hate it and want something similar using the original art.

I hate saying that I hate it, but alas, I do. I'm sure a lot of work went into making it look like one of the book covers, but good lord, those faces! They look horrendous. Why does Darth Maul look like that? And what's going on with Amidala's head? Is she a snake? How is her head closer to us than Anakin's? Is it a floating head?

Yeah, I'm sorry man, but it really is that terrible.

I hate saying that I hate it, but alas, I do. I'm sure a lot of work went into making it look like one of the book covers, but good lord, those faces! They look horrendous. Why does Darth Maul look like that? And what's going on with Amidala's head? Is she a snake? How is her head closer to us than Anakin's? Is it a floating head?

Yeah, I'm sorry man, but it really is that terrible.

Since the original art for your edit used one of the covers from the comic adaptation;

clean.jpg

I used the cover of the trade paperback for this version. It wasn't made from scratch.

s-l1200.webp

Since the original art for your edit used one of the covers from the comic adaptation;

clean.jpg

I used the cover of the trade paperback for this version. It wasn't made from scratch.

s-l1200.webp

I was never informed of where Art got the cover art from, so this is new to me.

Still, I'm surprised that the book cover even got approved. I once owned a trade paperback of Episode I in the 5th grade, and it came with this far superior cover.

Star Wars Episode I Scholastic Trade Paperback eBay Listing

images
@Eyepainter How about something based on this new re-release poster?

It’d be odd though to have the title be “THE RISE OF NABOO” and have the poster be on Tatooine lmao

Maybe I’ll cook something up. How about some of these:

images

images

images

images

images

This last one I think is from Benny Productions who does a lot of modern posters. Heck, the AotC poster Art did is originally Benny’s. The others I linked are either book/comic posters or from Alternate Movie Posters.

images
@Eyepainter How about something based on this new re-release poster?

It’d be odd though to have the title be “THE RISE OF NABOO” and have the poster be on Tatooine lmao

Maybe I’ll cook something up. How about some of these:

images

images

images

images

images

This last one I think is from Benny Productions who does a lot of modern posters. Heck, the AotC poster Art did is originally Benny’s. The others I linked are either book/comic posters or from Alternate Movie Posters.

That's a lot of ideas, but I like most of them. I think if I have to choose a favorite out of the six listed, I'm leaning towards number 5, even though the underwater sequence in the bottom left got deleted in my edit.

Back
Top Bottom