- Reaction score
- Trophy Points
That was an excellent review. I agree with everything he said, and he said it much better than I could have.
Can't wait for thisI went into the finale with super low expectations, and luckily I was pleasantly surprised with a mediocre-to-good episode. Certainly the best episode since the second. The problems with it were mostly that it was tying up the lackluster story arc, and it hinged on a couple of moments that just didn't land for me. It was nice to see Wil Wheaton, but I was so disinterested in Kore and so used to seeing actors playing different roles this season that I didn't really care when he showed up, and I wasn't even sure who he was supposed to be at first. Q's motivations were still a bit opaque, but I did like his line that "even gods have favorites". I was also disappointed by Rios' decision to stay in the 21st Century. And I'm not 100% sure the causality loop of Jurati being the Borg Queen in the future works since that should have been the unaltered timeline, but I'll have to rewatch to be sure.
Now that it's over, I'm trying to mentally construct a season-to-movie edit, and I think my previous statements about what can be cut still work. A rough outline is
- Move the Elnor backstory we finally got in episode 8(?) to the beginning as a prologue
- Season 2 credits
- Cut Elnor from episode 2 and all of Raffi's visions of him
- Cut the entire ICE arrest and chase
- Cut everything about Guinan, jump straight to Talinn being the Watcher when Picard goes looking for her
- Cut the entire story of Picard's mother
- Cut the entire Kore storyline
- Cut the long, unnecessary Jurati singing scene
- Cut the entire FBI storyline
- Try to minimize the more outrageous parts of the storming of the vineyard, like Borg beamed into the walls (how could that be explained?!)
- Maybe cut the drone from Soong's final plan to streamline it for time
I for one won’t be doing an edit since I don’t think there is a decent or credible narrative to extract this time round….STAR TREK: PICARD Season 2 beams down on Blu-ray, DVD, and in Steelbook packaging for collectors to bring home this October
STAR TREK: PICARD Season 2 beams down on Blu-ray, DVD, and in Steelbook packaging for collectors to bring home this Octoberblog.trekcore.com
....so it's taken 3 years to finally determine that what they should have done at the start, is actually going to happen...except that now it fees tainted as a last ditch "money/fan grab"...so here is hoping it does not end up like a Star Wars sequel trilogy fanservice collage of mediocity and obviousness strung together with plotholes and poor writing with overblown FX.Our first look at the reunion crew....
...and we see Worf, and breath a sigh of relief! No Disco Klingon redesign!!!
Also mentioned at Comic Con, two more Trek series in development... perhaps a Captain Seven show to replace Picard?