• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

STAR TREK II: Wrath of Khan Redux - Fan VFX Replacement Showcase - Director’s Cut

XMAS UPDATE

Merry Christmas and happy hols to all.

This has now been rebranded on the edit as well...existing information you recieved will allow you to obtain the revised version. ONly the disclaimer and opening titles have been changed...

v7.01

Enjoy
W

Last edited:
And VOILA a comparison AND…
...so here is what many missed while debating the frame rates or the continuity....

The biggest change in continuity is NOT “ship was slower in shot A vs B”…this I already flagged. It’s that I completely relocated Spock and Kirk’s two dimension discussion and resequenced the two attack scenes into one…

This was no easy feat by any means and this direct comparison shows. By doing so it shortened the overall length but added to the intensity IMHO.

I’m pleased no one appeared to notice the only big narrative change to original material… of course there also were added newly created sequences etc but just vfx…enjoy the comparison…big pic is new vfx, PIP is original directors cut.

Last edited:
And VOILA a comparison AND…
...so here is what many missed while debating the frame rates or the continuity....

The biggest change in continuity is NOT “ship was slower in shot A vs B”…this I already flagged. It’s that I completely relocated Spock and Kirk’s two dimension discussion and resequenced the two attack scenes into one…

This was no easy feat by any means and this direct comparison shows. By doing so it shortened the overall length but added to the intensity IMHO.

I’m pleased no one appeared to notice the only big narrative change to original material… of course there also were added newly created sequences etc but just vfx…enjoy the comparison…big pic is new vfx, PIP is original directors cut.

Absolutely brilliant!!!

Back
Top Bottom