• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Spider-Man 5 - It will be awesome!

Uncanny Antman said:
Does it even count when he has no actual character progression? Peter at the end of ASM is the same guy who was at the start. A cocky guy who helps people and tends to make all his decisions based on what's best for him.

Peter in ASM goes from a cocky guy who helps people to a drunken by power teenager to a man on a vendetta mission to a person who accepts responsibility. The only thing that really shakes this progression and is kinda 'ehhhh' is his line at the end about promises... I really think they should've held the thought of the possibility of Peter and Gwen getting back until ASM2, after a significant amount of time has passed between Captain's death and Gwen and Peter not really talking to each other. But other than that, I don't see a problem with his progression. But, really, it's pretty much the same as Raimi's SM1 progression (the only difference is that in Raimi's movies he's somewhat less cocky and goes to 'accepts responsibility' stage as soon as he officially becomes Spider-Man and never goes anywhere from there, while in ASM that point is a lot later)

Sunarep said:
while the trigger is a bit far fetched with the tentacles at the heart it is still a very human conflict about responsibility. I remember being completely surprised in the cinema when it turned out that Doc Ock was no villain who wanted to take over the world or be evil but just a misguided man who had a dream.

Doc Ock is a misguided man who had a dream and was controlled by mechanical tentacles to do crazy shit, Lizard is a misguided man who had a dream and was controlled by a Lizard mutation second personality to do crazy shit. Neither of them is better than another as a villain.

Nic Stitz said:
Not putting you down or anything, but lines like that really make me want to do a Red Letter Media style review comparing both sets of movies and highlighting what the movies got right and wrong.

If you want, do it. But do it because you want to share your argumented opinion with everybody, not to prove me wrong. Because, no offence, I really don't care. I have my opinion of what both Raimi's and Webb's movies did right and wrong, you have yours. I'm willing to listen to yours, but by no means do I even have to think about agreeing with it or be convinced by it (nor should you consider to agree with my opinion if it's vastly different). And considering how big discrepancy is in opinions about ASM from everybody (it's not on the level of Transformers 2 where almost everybody uniformly agreed that the movie was a piece of crap), there can be no proving anybody wrong from any side.

Farlander said:
[C]onsidering how big discrepancy is in opinions about ASM from everybody (it's not on the level of Transformers 2 where almost everybody uniformly agreed that the movie was a piece of crap), there can be no proving anybody wrong from any side.

Well said. If only Star Wars fans could remember that about the prequels. :-D

That must be why no one went to see TF2. Wait....

Well said. If only Star Wars fans could remember that about the prequels.

There's also the Alec Guiness side of things when it concerns the original trilogy ;) :p

Farlander said:
Peter in ASM goes from a cocky guy who helps people to a drunken by power teenager to a man on a vendetta mission to a person who accepts responsibility. The only thing that really shakes this progression and is kinda 'ehhhh' is his line at the end about promises...
Yeah, I'll give you that actually. I think part of the reason his story in ASM grinds me is things like his all-encompassing revenge quest which is suddenly never referred to again. And the promises thing you mentioned, which seems to be part of his very carefully structured tween-appeal lip-biting bad-boy image.

Doc Ock is a misguided man who had a dream and was controlled by mechanical tentacles to do crazy shit, Lizard is a misguided man who had a dream and was controlled by a Lizard mutation second personality to do crazy shit. Neither of them is better than another as a villain.
There are some key differences though, for me at least. Ock is driven to complete the work he started when things went awry, so he has a clear goal even though it might spell doom. Connors' goal becomes kind of wishy-washy part way through when he decides that for some reason everyone would be happier as lizards. Plus he stays lizard-crazy during a period when he changes back to Connors for reasons I wasn't really sure on. (Maybe I missed something?)

Chances are my view of ASM might change when I watch it again, so we'll see. :)

Aaand, none of this is meant as an attack on your views. Just IMO and all that.

And considering how big discrepancy is in opinions about ASM from everybody (it's not on the level of Transformers 2 where almost everybody uniformly agreed that the movie was a piece of crap), there can be no proving anybody wrong from any side.
Oh man, I doubt anyone would claim ASM was as bad as TF2. I may have had some problems with ASM, but that's nothing compared to "that other movie". :)

Uncanny Antman said:
Yeah, I'll give you that actually. I think part of the reason his story in ASM grinds me is things like his all-encompassing revenge quest which is suddenly never referred to again. And the promises thing you mentioned, which seems to be part of his very carefully structured tween-appeal lip-biting bad-boy image.

I actually kinda like that the revenge quest kind of gets thrown under the rug... It's not like he totally forgot about his uncle's murderer, his photo is still on Peter's wall, it's just that there are more important things than that (as Captain Stacy said, personal vendetta and helping people are two different things). And I like how it ties in with Ben's voice mail where he says that sometimes in life not everything has closure (which is true).

I do think though that we will still see Ben's killer in one of the future movies.

There are some key differences though, for me at least. Ock is driven to complete the work he started when things went awry, so he has a clear goal even though it might spell doom. Connors' goal becomes kind of wishy-washy part way through when he decides that for some reason everyone would be happier as lizards. Plus he stays lizard-crazy during a period when he changes back to Connors for reasons I wasn't really sure on. (Maybe I missed something?)

I think that when he changed back to Connor he never was fully rid of the Lizard (since he still has scales there and there after he transforms back into a human).

Aaand, none of this is meant as an attack on your views. Just IMO and all that.

Hey, as long as we're not insulting each other, I'm fine with an exchange of opposite opinions :)

BEHOLD! The mos unintentionally hilarious villain design ever!!!

EW-1268-COVER-AMAZING.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Imagining him with lightning all over and stuff.... i digg his look. i like it. also love the new spidey costume! i am really curious also to see how Rhino looks in this movie as well....
And whether you like the new electro look or not, lets be honest here. This was never a serious option:
electro_by_spytroop-d3a1gju.png

lol, this was a good reminder as to why I don't watch spiderman films. :p

also first official picture of Harry Osborne:
6R4jZse.jpg

So harry is filling the emo role yet a prep school kid. And im sorry that electro outfit is shit! What did someone nut all over his face and then tase him?

The Amazing Spiderman 2? Is that the real name? 'Cause that would be like calling Star Trek Into Darkness "Star Trek 09 2."

Naming Star Trek 09 "Star Trek" was pretty dumb too.

g1orkatsos said:
Imagining him with lightning all over and stuff.... i digg his look. i like it. also love the new spidey costume! i am really curious also to see how Rhino looks in this movie as well....
And whether you like the new electro look or not, lets be honest here. This was never a serious option:
electro_by_spytroop-d3a1gju.png
Neither was this:
images

But they did it anyway.

You guys don't even want to know what Andrew Garfield thinks MJ should be like/what Peter's sexuality should be.

Nic said:
Neither was this:
images

But they did it anyway.
Your point here is invalid.
26752598.jpg

There is a major difference. You are comparing a myth, a larger than life, over the top, Norse GOD from some imaginary fantastic place in another dimension called Asgard, to some regular dude living in New York that gets electricity powers and for some inexplicable reason decides that he wants to wear an electrified marijuana leaf on his face. That design simply cannot work outside comics and ComicCon cosplay. Loki's nature, origins and culture is something that makes it fine for over the top designs in movies
And besides they are basing the look of this version of electro on the ultimate spiderman look which feels way more natural for a movie:
blue-electro-from-ultimate_spider_Man.jpg

and at least they are doing something more other than Electrified Dr. Manhattan.

DominicCobb said:
You guys don't even want to know what Andrew Garfield thinks MJ should be like/what Peter's sexuality should be.
Read it. Thank God he is not the director :p

g1orkatsos said:
Your point here is invalid.

This phrase is useless without accompanying image.

your-argument-is-invalid-because-potato.jpg

Back
Top Bottom