• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Spider-Man 5 - It will be awesome!

What complaining fans have all been waiting for.
[video=youtube_share;NBYKwkrqL18]

Okay, that was very funny, but I have some problems with it.

Pre-intro: The speech did foreshadow the death wasn't that obvious. Everybody who had a problem with it knew she was going to die because of the comics anyway. I heard a lot of gasps when she died and not even one scoff or laugh. Everyone either kept silent from shock or cried. So yeah. Not a very good start.

1. That was a pretty funny what if, but in the movie it also made sense because they were going far away and Oscorp wouldn't go looking for them in, say, India. So them going far away makes sense, it just didn't work out as they planned. But still, good what if.

2. I presume the point of this scene was to point out "my life's work" scene doesn't work. If he hated him why the fuck would he give him his life's work? Well, for starters, it is never stated that Norman hated him. He even says: "Your childhood had to be sacrificed for something greater. And not just for me, for you!" He cares for him. So since he was dying he gave him his life's work. And about the "You pick now to tell me?" thing, while it is a nice paralell to their HISHE of Spider-Man 3, remember that Norman said his childhood was sacrificed for work. He couldn't have told him with all the work Norman did.

Again, same scenario. While it is a nice paralell to their SM3 HISHE, it is not apparent that the tanks have a lid or not, so we can't comment on that. In SM3 though, it was apparent that a scientist was being lazy and ignorant, therefore mutating the crap out of Marko.

4. Spider-Man's blood can't just be "worked into a cure by expert scientist". There is still a risk that the blood may be dangerous, not because it is compatible or not, but because it is mutated. However the end of that clip was pretty funny.

Ok, that was fucking hilarious.

6. Ok, that is a big nitpick, but I'm ok with it because HISHE does that a lot.

7. That whole sequence made my day. That was hilarious. Again it has a nitpick about Rhino but HISHE does that a lot so I'm ok with it.

In conclusion, it was a mixed bag. I loved a lot of parts, and I laughed a lot but it also had a vibe of ignorant complainer like the Honest Trailer-CinemaSins swap video (which I hated, Screen Junkies's EWW was ok though).

Masirimso17 said:
I still believe the Raimi trilogy is overrated and that the new franchise is underrated. This guy named KingNazaru has made brilliant reviews on DeviantArt that critisizes the Raimi trilogy while debunking the praise the movies got, and praises the Amazing Spider-Man franchise while debunking the stupid critisisms the movies got. Personally I think these are very well thought out and convincing reviews, unlike RedLetterMedia's reviews of them.

http://nazaru.deviantart.com/art/Spiderman-Raimiman-Review-382667331
http://nazaru.deviantart.com/art/Spiderman-2-Raimiman-2-Review-382715277
http://nazaru.deviantart.com/art/Spiderman-3-Raimiman-3-Review-384162103
http://nazaru.deviantart.com/art/Amazing-Spiderman-Review-390582580
http://nazaru.deviantart.com/art/Amazing-Spiderman-2-Review-465518484

You know, I do try to keep an open mind, I really do, and just when I work up the understanding to look this guy up, he keeps all his reviews under a folder labeled "Ramitard Logic."

roflbot.jpg

Yeah, as much as I strongly agree with this guy he does have a problem of thinking his opinions as facts.

Yeah, the problem is always when people judge a movie based on what they think the adaptation should be. They came with arguments that are supposed to describe why the movie sucks. But in fact it does not explain anything.
For example:
"I don't hate Tobey Maguire personally. I'm sure he's a nice guy. But he's not Peter Parker and he is most definitely not SPIDERMAN!"
Well, to me he IS Peter Parker and Spiderman.
Why? Probably because I barely read the comics when I was young. Does that make me part of a subpar audience for this movie? No. I'm probably more in line with the majority of people who saw those movies and liked Tobey in the role.
So as much I understand that a fan of the comics could be upset that a character is not as he thinks it should be, that kind of argument does not explain why a movie is good or not. It just explains that it's maybe not a faithfull adaptation of the comics, from the eyes of a fan.
But in this case you're almost not talking about cinema anymore, you're talking about how you think a franchise should be handle.

It's like some discussions (that I'm ashamed to be part of!) about knowing if Sith should be in the next Star Wars or not. If you want Sith and there are no Sith in the next movie, would the movie sucks? No. It's not an argument about the quality of the movie. It's about what you want or not.

Back
Top Bottom