• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Spider-Man 5 - It will be awesome!

About Aunt May: she totally knows, right?

I figured she gave the speech about Ben and everything when hearing about Spidey in the news BECAUSE she knows.

DominicCobb said:
Good news everyone! The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Blu-ray will have 13 deleted scenes. There may yet be hope for this film.
Sweet! Let's hope they are in good enough condition to make an extended edition fanedit. This movie need's more character development IMO, though I doubt any scenes will be dedicated towards the very poorly developed Electro.

#10... wtf! :|

#1... can MJ not be Peter's neighbor? Please? :p

#2... that sounds a bit better, but really, do we need a whole backstory on Electro? No. No, we do not. Just another day in the life of a superhero.

... Here, lemme fix the movie for Sony: in the legal chaos following the events of ASM1, Norman Osborn passes away, causing his genius son Harry to return from Europe, vowing revenge. Electro isn't connected to OsCorp, and is just a random headache Spidey has to deal with, and that gets resolved around the halfway mark. Being an impulsive risk-taker, Harry doses himself with a serum in order to be able to confront Spidey. Goblin/Spidey fight, involving Gwen, but in a twist, Gwen survives... only to dump Peter, saying she loves him as a guy but just doesn't want anything to do with all his battles. He offers to go with her; she turns him down, saying she knows how much Spidey is a part of him now, and saying that someday, some gal out there will embrace both parts of him. She goes to England, and Peter now hates Goblin for taking her from him. Running time: 100 minutes.

Gaith said:
#1... can MJ not be Peter's neighbor? Please? :p

Honestly, unless it was the result of the Osborne's being close personal friends of the Watson's that relocated them to live near Peter as part of some grand plan (because EVERYTHING in the f**king movies has to tie back to Oscrop and the terrible Richard Parker plot thread), MJ being Peter's neighbor is the LEAST contrived choice to make with this movie.

Gaith said:
#10... wtf! :|
Good grief... they actually shot that scene (Richard Parker shows up, completely alive, and has a chat with Peter in the present.)

How the blue hell could anyone have thought that was a good idea? Maybe if Gwen were still alive, it could have been an interesting development, but to drop it on top of her death?! I'm starting to think the awesomeness of ASM1 was an accident! :-o

Just watched the deleted/alternate scenes on the Blu Ray.

Overall, some nice character moments and plot points that definitely could have strengthen the original release. The Birth of the Green Goblin should have definitely remained. As for the previously mentioned return of Richard Parker, I actually thought the scene was well done. I know some people mentioned frustration with Peter's mourning of Gwen and then return to web-swinging, so I think this scene adds more weight and clarity to his final decision. Though how this new final scene would/will affect Amazing Spidey 3, I can not imagine....?

Based on this new footage, I would love to see someone like [MENTION=24292]TM2YC[/MENTION] tackle a fan edit/extended cut, particularly since some of the scenes are not quite finished and/or used pre-viz.

Thanks for the mini-review Bob.Please someone fan edit this movie.

Oh my goodness, I sat through this the other day and couldn't believe how bad it was. The webslinging scenes, the new costume, the banter between Gwen and Peter - all perfect. Basically everything else? Awful. I watched the deleted material too, and tried to imagine a fanfix... Just can't see it. The only thing I contemplated was trying to completely remove Electro from the film. "The Amazing Spiderman 2: The Excise of Electro". Sigh.

I still can't believe everyone hates this movie. I thought it was amazing!

bionicbob said:
Based on this new footage, I would love to see someone like TM2YC tackle a fan edit/extended cut, particularly since some of the scenes are not quite finished and/or used pre-viz.

Thanks but I think you are confusing me with Adywan :lol:

Spiderman5 is probably the only Marvel-based movie I've skipped at the cinema, the reviews were terrible so I decided to skip it. I liked Spiderman4 though (Hated 1-3). I don't own any of the franchise on DVD or Blu-Ray, so me doing a fanedit is unlikely.

Masirimso17 said:
I still can't believe everyone hates this movie. I thought it was amazing!

Hey, waitaminnut... I thought it was "Amazing 2". Lol.

Honestly I enjoyed the first half of the film, I enjoyed the stuff with Electro and Rhino a lot, it was very Raimi-esque in my opinion. I felt like the stuff with Peter's parents is SOOO disconnected from the rest of the film, it's downright silly. Then once Green Goblin enters the picture as Goblin, suddenly the entire movie turns into a game of writers-checklist on a piece of ham!

I feel like if you remove Electro, you remove the core of the film. It'd be far more coherent to remove the parents subplot. Then remove most of Harry hanging out with Peter except when Peter reintroduces himself and when Harry calls him up to ask for Spidey blood, so it's not like they're best friends and Harry goes nuts, instead they used to be friends but now Harry has changed and is rather self-centered. It would make his character feel less like he's developing backwards. Lastly I would cut out the breakup and have the film start with Peter and Gwen not together. I know that leaves holes from the first film... but...

Part 2 of this idea would reinsert the parents subplot into the FIRST film, and would end with Peter trying to keep Captain Stacy's promise, ie staying away from Gwen. Then generally I would want to mix a little bit of Raimi's Spider-Man origin into this, namely the drawings of the suit designs.

Hell, you could probably remove any mention of "High School" and just consider this a proper Spider-Man 4 and 5.

I am now less rich by approximately 2 cents.

addiesin said:
Hey, waitaminnut... I thought it was "Amazing 2". Lol.

Honestly I enjoyed the first half of the film, I enjoyed the stuff with Electro and Rhino a lot, it was very Raimi-esque in my opinion. I felt like the stuff with Peter's parents is SOOO disconnected from the rest of the film, it's downright silly. Then once Green Goblin enters the picture as Goblin, suddenly the entire movie turns into a game of writers-checklist on a piece of ham!

I feel like if you remove Electro, you remove the core of the film. It'd be far more coherent to remove the parents subplot. Then remove most of Harry hanging out with Peter except when Peter reintroduces himself and when Harry calls him up to ask for Spidey blood, so it's not like they're best friends and Harry goes nuts, instead they used to be friends but now Harry has changed and is rather self-centered. It would make his character feel less like he's developing backwards. Lastly I would cut out the breakup and have the film start with Peter and Gwen not together. I know that leaves holes from the first film... but...

Part 2 of this idea would reinsert the parents subplot into the FIRST film, and would end with Peter trying to keep Captain Stacy's promise, ie staying away from Gwen. Then generally I would want to mix a little bit of Raimi's Spider-Man origin into this, namely the drawings of the suit designs.

Hell, you could probably remove any mention of "High School" and just consider this a proper Spider-Man 4 and 5.

I am now less rich by approximately 2 cents.

Waitaminute what's going on, I'm not fanediting Amazing 2!

Although to be fair you're ideas are pretty good... but I'm still not editing them.

Masirimso17 said:
Waitaminute what's going on, I'm not fanediting Amazing 2!

Although to be fair you're ideas are pretty good... but I'm still not editing them.

Haha. No pressure on you. I do feel like someone could make something whole out of all these parts. I haven't even seen the deleted scenes at all so it could be easier or harder than it sounds. Who knows?

addiesin said:
Haha. No pressure on you. I do feel like someone could make something whole out of all these parts. I haven't even seen the deleted scenes at all so it could be easier or harder than it sounds. Who knows?

Haven't seen the deleted material yet, but I completely agree with what you said earlier, that removing the parents sub-plot doesn't affect the film at all and probably would help with the flow quite a bit. In fact, the whole first half hour of the film is pretty useless, as we get leftover parents footage they didn't use/shouldn't have even had from the first film, and a graduation and sequential breakup scene that essentially takes us back to where we were at the end of the last film. Both of these "Amazing" films have false starts that kind of run the movie to a halt as soon as they start.

Ideally, start the film with the Rhino stuff, into a title card for the film, and follow that directly into Osbourne and go from there. You immediately cut about 15 minutes off the run time which really is one of the films major faults.

For me, both Amazing 1 and 2, are good fun entertainment (I would give both movies 7 out of 10) but suffer from Studio interference, which wants to use them as launching pads for a wider franchise rather than focusing on telling a single, well executed story. I mean the casting in both movies is rock solid and the chemistry/dialogue between Garfield and Stone is pitch perfect. Lots of great little character stuff but both movies suffer in the overarching plot/villain department imo. :)

Bob, I agree about the casting and the chemistry, but what did you think of the way the finale with Electro was handled? Eg.,
- Electro being pure electricity, yet wearing a combat suit...?
- Gwen Stacy showing up at the scene because the plot demands it, under the flimsy excuse that she is the only one who can turn the generator off or something...
- The visually chaotic CGI mess in which I think Spiderman was fighting pure Electricity, but am not sure because all I saw were explosions and colours, and somehow the Spiderman theme was played by bouncing off metal pipes...??
- The plan to blow up electro, who it has been established can transform into pure electricity, by...blowing him up?
- The comical imagery in the clock tower, with so many cogs and machine parts that it was more cartoony than a cartoon.

To me, this finale had the emotional weight of a feather, which is pretty sad, given the story that was there to tell. When weightless CGI takes over and the internal logic completely disappears, I no longer have any emotional investment in the story. Having said that, the subsequent graveyard scenes were well handled and quite moving. Ah well.

I had no problem with Gwen showing up at the end scene. To me, it fit how her character was portrayed in both movies.

Yes, Electro was a bit of mess.... I pretty much agree with you on all points there.

The clock did not bother me, as the Spideyverse movies feel much more old fashioned comic bookie to me anyways, so I just went with it.

For me, the emotional relationship between Peter, Gwen and Aunt May is so perfect, that it makes me overlook many of the weaker elements and keeps the movie still enjoyable for me. :)

I don't mind too much how Electro was handled by himself, but he did not fit in the film at all.

Back
Top Bottom