• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Spider-Man 5 - It will be awesome!

I'd guess Rhino fights Spidey and gets locked up in the opening scene or something along those lines.

I'll agree that the whole MJ ordeal is silly but in fairness to them the movie still has a whole year until it comes out. A lot of movies lose entire characters in post, this movie just happened to lose a major one from the comics - which is actually another reason why she was cut I guess.

DominicCobb said:
I'll agree that the whole MJ ordeal is silly but in fairness to them the movie still has a whole year until it comes out. A lot of movies lose entire characters in post, this movie just happened to lose a major one from the comics - which is actually another reason why she was cut I guess.
I think the reason they removed MJ completely from the sequel is that
They don't wont to take the focus away from Gwen cause something really important and big is going to happen to her... Her death perhaps? :p

Sunarep said:
i can't make sense of this reboot (aside from it makes money)..

if i were less cynical i would say "cool that they cut out mary jane to strenghten the story!"
or i could say "why the hell did they only realise the pointlessness of this character AFTER shooting the entire thing"

i also hope the rhino makes sense in the story and isn't just another carrot to tease fanboys to buy tickets for part 3

In a similar boat. Everything Sony have done in this rebooted series has reeked of pure, cynical greed, and it distracts from the things the new take is getting right. I think ASM2 will be great or a total disaster, and genuinely have no idea which at this point. The first one was... alright. Garfield is great, his love for the character is evident in every shot. He's the one real strength the new series has over the old.

I'd have prefered SM4, but you know, Sony.

DominicCobb said:
I smell a Zimmer re-score of the first at some point in the future.

I'd be down for that. The score was terrible.

g1orkatsos said:
I think the reason they removed MJ completely from the sequel is that
They don't wont to take the focus away from Gwen cause something really important and big is going to happen to her... Her death perhaps? :p

Yes, but MJ was as big a part of that story as Gwen was, as she's there to comfort Peter at the conclusion and set the stage for pretty much the rest of their lives together (and no, I dont count the current state of the comics where they're apart for some dumb reason, the Spider-Girl books are the real conclusion as far as I'm concerned because there the two lived happily ever after with two kids)

Zarius said:
Yes, but MJ was as big a part of that story as Gwen was, as she's there to comfort Peter at the conclusion and set the stage for pretty much the rest of their lives together (and no, I dont count the current state of the comics where they're apart for some dumb reason, the Spider-Girl books are the real conclusion as far as I'm concerned because there the two lived happily ever after with two kids)
Well maybe the finale of ASM2 (if my theory is correct) will be Gwen getting killed, and no3 will start with a devastated Peter meeting MJ and starting to develop feelings for each other, during his time of pain and need. I wouldn't mind that. That could work fine

First trailer:

Looks cool, hopefully the color grading and CGI is much improved in the final product.

The CGI looks like its off a game made in 2008. This is probably because most of the CGI such as those shown here are still under post production so the final product will look MUCH better.

I don't know. I bet that is very close to final. Why release a teaser to promote a product if it is much worse that what the final product would be? I would bet that the color and effects of the final film will look like what you see above.

That..... was......
AWESOME!!!!
I am sorry, but i can't help it. I am hyped as fuck! :D (If it wasn't already obvious i love spider-man)
Green Goblin!? Fuck Yea! Gwen is so dying in this one! It looks like a hybrid of the Ultimate Spider-Man version of the character and Harry-Goblin from Spidey 3. I don't mind at all that Harry will be playing this version of the Goblin. Who says that Norman can't become a more proper Goblin somewhere down the line?
also at 1:15 i am pretty sure that those are Volture's wings and Doc Ock's arms! Sinister Six for the sequel it seems :D Rhino looks badass and big trouble, and Electro looks quite different and very cool. A new kind of villain i can't wait to see.
I am sold.

Yeah but the graphics look very amateur-ish! Well there have been several instances where teasers were released for movies still way under post production. Im sure the final product would have more polished gradients, textures and lighting. Im not saying the graphics are THAT bad, because they look okay, but they do stand out.

Neglify said:
Threads merged.
:oops:! :sorry:, I entirely forgot about this thread. The title thread checker didn't show this thread, I guess since it doesn't have "amazing" or "2" in it. More proof of why I should never post when I'm :yawn:.

rajithwarren said:
Yeah but the graphics look very amateur-ish! Well there have been several instances where teasers were released for movies still way under post production. Im sure the final product would have more polished gradients, textures and lighting. Im not saying the graphics are THAT bad, because they look okay, but they do stand out.
I'm just pointing it out, soley because IMO it looks way worse than the finished first film. Also, it reminds me too much of the previous Sam Raimi trilogy, something I'd rather not be reminded of.

emanswfan said:
:oops:! :sorry:, I entirely forgot about this thread. The title thread checker didn't show this thread, I guess since it doesn't have "amazing" or "2" in it. More proof of why I should never when I'm :yawn:.

It's all good dude, no harm was done.

Something else that drew my attention in the trailer other than the hints towards future villains
Other than Doc Ock and Vulture, there is a Venom tease also in the trailer apparently
81PUVCT.png
is this shot at 2:05 :
99ni87.jpg

That's definitely MJ. Looking back at a few pics from when the MJ actress was shooting for the film there is no doubt that this is her:
shailene-woodley-mary-jane-on-set-the-amazing-spiderman-nyc__oPt.jpg

If i remember correctly a few months ago they announced that MJ was going to be removed from the final film. So does that shot mean anything? Do you think MJ is back in the movie, or are they just using that as a reaction shot and they will not be showing her face in the movie? I think its the latter but still a curious shot to put in the trailer.

i dunno. MJ would probably slow spidey down.

he's probably more of a white powder snorter.

So is this a Spider-man video game with live action cut scenes?

ssj said:
i dunno. MJ would probably slow spidey down.

he's probably more of a white powder snorter.

I was going to make a Michael Jordan joke, but this (and the two posts after it) were much better. Kudos.

Back
Top Bottom