• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Spider-Man 4 - Will it suck?

There tends to be an inverse relationship to the amount of trailer exposure and quality of the actual film.

revel911 said:
So, the best part of the Dark Knight will be Gordon talking in the hospital?

I think a trailer this far away is just showing us filming that is finished, so I disagree. Now, if this was a trailer, a month before the film, I would probably agree with you.
As i said nolan is always the exception, i mean noone had a clue what the final fight would be in dark knight

New trailer is out. I don't dare to post it here anymore because I'm not the rightful owner of the trailer and since I got an admin warning when I posted the thing 2011 comic con trailer, I will not post it here.

T-HOPE said:
New trailer is out. I don't dare to post it here anymore because I'm not the rightful owner of the trailer and since I got an admin warning when I posted the thing 2011 comic con trailer, I will not post it here.

Acualy I think the warning was for telling someone that you'll provide him some copies of the "deleted scenes at 720p."
Not for adding a youtube link on the forum. I think.
I don't see why you could not post the new Spidey movie trailer here.

I will risk posting the trailer :p i thing i will be safe :p
i don't know about you people but i am sold

really? was kristen dunst that important to you in the spidarman series that you can't live without??? the romance-thing in the previous movies sucked btw

I had doubts in this movie, but this trailer looks far better than we have seen of Spider-man

I could do without the sneakers and the little light/smoke puffs every time he web-shoots, but overall lookin' pretty good. I'd also prefer a snoutier Lizard, but fingers crossed it'll be okay. :)

Nerd note: This trailer, the previous teaser, and the trailer for Raimi's first Spidey flick all use the same traffic sound effect. (At 11 seconds in this one.) Sony must have a real hard-on for that one. ;)

I see the possibility of a Batman vs Croc short with the Lizard's design.

It's amazing how I don't care for this release.
I mean, I don't give a shit, at all.
Zero. Nada.
You could pay me 10 dollars/euros to see it right now and I think I'd prefer to take a walk instead.

TMBTM said:
Acualy I think the warning was for telling someone that you'll provide him some copies of the "deleted scenes at 720p."
Not for adding a youtube link on the forum. I think.
I don't see why you could not post the new Spidey movie trailer here.

I never said that. I said I would put online the comic con trailer of The Thing in DVD quality. DVD quality is not 720p. It's probably a 480 px version with DVD visuals, no cam or ts or whatever. Never said anything about putting online deleted scenes.

T-HOPE said:
I never said that. I said I would put online the comic con trailer of The Thing in DVD quality. DVD quality is not 720p. It's probably a 480 px version with DVD visuals, no cam or ts or whatever. Never said anything about putting online deleted scenes.

There should have been a misunderstood about your reply somehow then. Let's continue the discussion in the Thing's thread.

Just seen the new trailer. I can't see myself bothering with this film. It's just too early for me to return to the origin story so soon after the last Spidey films. Sure it's 'Darker' and all that but the trailer just left me felling meh.

g1orkatsos said:
was kirsten dunst that important to you in the spidarman series that you can't live without???

Yes.

How exactly does one do "realism" with a man who gets his powers from a spider bite? The closest Spider-Man got to "realism" was changing it from a radioactive spider to a genetically engineered spider bite. It's like how the director of the new Mortal Kombat film wants to make everything more realistic. When getting to the base elements, Batman is about a heavily psychologically tortured billionaire with an unhealthy obsession with justice who tried to save his city even though he does some morally reprehensible things to do so (like turning all the cell phones in Gotham to give him bat vision), and the ambiguity of whether what he does is morally right. At its core, Spider-Man is about a teenager who is esentially the universe's bitch who get's cursed with spider powers and his guilt for getting his uncle killed and dedicates himself to saving a city that constantly berates, belittles, and hates him. If people want a "gritty, realistic" Spidey, something tells me that he'd be the villain by his third movie.

Have to admit I liked The Shocker when I played the Spider-Man game on gamecube. Only problem is that his Ultimate costume is uninspired and his regular costume makes him look like a pin cushion.

Agreed. One of Spidey's most admirable qualities is that no matter life throws at him (dead parents, dead uncle, KILLING his first girlfriend), he still manages to face the day with a strong will and snarky wit. By going darker, all of that get's dulled. The reason the Batman/Spider-Man crossovers (yes, those did happen in the 90s) worked was because Spider-Man essentially fulfilled the role of Robin. Having two Batman-like characters would just be a bore.

Back
Top Bottom