• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Spider-Man 4 - Will it suck?

spider-man-2012-20110214001713061.jpg

Thought I'd post this here for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. I think it's important to note the synthetic webslingers, which is truer to the source material. The official title of the film is now the Amazing Spider-Man, and there's a new website up (http://www.theamazingspiderman.com), although there's nothing on it, yet. There's also a swag of set photos over at Marie Claire (I coudn't find a better source, http://bit.ly/esXSwD) which are quite interesting.

Judging from the teaser they are definitely going for a more darker tone kinda like the Batman films. However, so far I could only see the teaser trailer in pretty crappy quality.

Edit:That was quick, already taken down.

Definitely not interested in an origin story again. I will not go.
Plus to me Spiderman is no "dark drama mood" like Batman can be (but I don't know shit to comic books anyway...)
I guess I would have been exited by this movie if it was the first Spiderman movie ever,
but it's really too soon for a "reboot".
I even think they take the risk to piss off a larger audience with this.

I agree fully with TMBTM.

I agree a reboot is too soon, but, I never enjoyed the last series of Spiderman films so I am interested in this movie as a result. I just hope that if it is a success they just continue the series instead of rebooting every 7 years or so.

although it is kinda cool to see movies becoming more and more like comic books.
crossovers - avengers
alt storylines - spiderman/amazing spiderman
but i do think it works better as a comic than a movie to have different versions of the same characters stories.

TMBTM said:
Definitely not interested in an origin story again. I will not go.
Plus to me Spiderman is no "dark drama mood" like Batman can be (but I don't know shit to comic books anyway...)
I guess I would have been exited by this movie if it was the first Spiderman movie ever,
but it's really too soon for a "reboot".
I even think they take the risk to piss off a larger audience with this.

I agree also. At least they are going a new direction, but a little to soon for a reboot. After the abysmal part 3, don't think I want to see a Spiderman film for awhile. :oops:

I'm slightly anticipating the Ultimate spider-man cartoon that will begin airing in a couple of months, even though it's Josh Keaton reprising the vocals of webhead, I'd rather have had a 3rd season of Spectacular spider-man :/

i'm interested in Amazing Spider-Man. definitely has me more excited than I was for Spidey 3, mostly cause I couldn't shake the feeling that SM3 was gonna suck. which i have a hard time watching it nowadays.

plus it seems that Amazing Spider-Man is gonna be a little bit more influenced by Ultimate Spidey. which is okay in my book. i got into spider-man comics first with Ultimate Spidey. so i'm interested to see where they go with it. plus they have Gwen Stacey in it before Mary Jane, that gets another point from me. as well as the mechanical webshooters, which could be awesome.

...It looks...way, way too familiar. Very been there done that, and incredibly "mopey emo spidey" in tone. At least from that trailer. Really, I was very excited about this movie and thought after 3 it was probably the best way to go if they wanted to keep making movies. Now I'm...less than enthusiastic, and instead I find myself very cautious.

Too early for a reboot. What is there to even re-tell? Unlike Batman, Spiderman has a very clear origins story that works well for the character, and Spiderman 1 did a great job of telling it. It would have been much smarter to just cast a new actor with a new director and continue forward with a new story. Some executive asshole is banking on the idea that origins stories sell better, even if it is nothing new. It will be interesting to see if their gamble pays off.

Also, the 1st person footage in the teaser trailer looks like a video game. Aside from a couple original shots, this looks like it could be a fake fanedited trailer.

I'm not interested in a reboot, specially an origin story. However, I'm curious how the Lizard will be as new (tragedic) villain.

Looks like they're actually gonna bother with the story of Peter's parents this time. But will they be secret agents like in the comic? I wonder...

And Peter looks mopey. Where are all those 'emo-Spidey sucks' people now?

Uncanny Antman said:
Looks like they're actually gonna bother with the story of Peter's parents this time. But will they be secret agents like in the comic? I wonder...

And Peter looks mopey. Where are all those 'emo-Spidey sucks' people now?

My personal problem wasn't that Peter showed emotion, but how Sam Raimi decided to write and show it.

Uncanny Antman said:
But will they be secret agents like in the comic?

Secret agents? Don't remember ever reading that in the comic.

T-HOPE said:
I'm not interested in a reboot, specially an origin story. However, I'm curious how the Lizard will be as new (tragedic) villain.

This

I kind of liked the trailer. The Mirror's Edge first person rip-off looks idiotic, but that's nothing we can't fix ;)
Still, the new Parker looks far better than Maguire. This guy I can actually buy. Maguire wasn't fit for it in my opinion.
And at least this film will finally explain what happened to Parker's parents. The other three never even touched that side.

Back
Top Bottom