• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

So basically.... A Movie Summary Game

So basically a young hotshot gets stranded in a small town. A woman initially despises him and he doesn’t fit in in the small town. But eventually the small town wins him over and he wins over the woman and they live happily ever after.
Rango

Wouldn't personally say that the titular character counts as a "hotshot", and more he has to win over the town rather than vice versa.
I'd say that the Rango persona he puts on counts as a hotshot, I think that's close enough to fit the above summary. You're right about him winning over the town. I do think there's at least a little while early on where the town has to win him over, it's just not the main focus for the whole film.

So, basically... a superbeing from a bygone era who was awoken from cryogenic slumber tries to get revenge for the death of his people.

So, basically... a superbeing from a bygone era who was awoken from cryogenic slumber tries to get revenge for the death of his people.
Ooh! Jason X! Just kidding, it's obviously Star Trek Into Darkness.

yoda-there-is.png

It's not Wrath of Khan either.

Last edited:
So basically it has cheap production values and a lack of a coherent story, but the film fulfils its promise of a slasher film based on a beloved children's book. Oh bother.

So basically it has cheap production values and a lack of a coherent story, but the film fulfils its promise of a slasher film based on a beloved children's book. Oh bother.
Think Winnie The Pooh GIF

Okay so I know that this is about Winnie The Pooh Blood And Honey, but I would like to take a moment to recommend The Mean One (Grinch parody slasher), it's dumb but it can be a lot of fun if you can appreciate cheap cheesy slashers. The titular character is portrayed by David Howard Thornton, better known as Art The Clown from the Terrifier series, who gives a genuinely fantastic performance.

Still haven't seen Blood And Honey, I was really looking forward to it and I own the dvd, but I've just heard such bad things.

Okay so I know that this is about Winnie The Pooh Blood And Honey, but I would like to take a moment to recommend The Mean One (Grinch parody slasher), it's dumb but it can be a lot of fun if you can appreciate cheap cheesy slashers. The titular character is portrayed by David Howard Thornton, better known as Art The Clown from the Terrifier series, who gives a genuinely fantastic performance.

Still haven't seen Blood And Honey, I was really looking forward to it and I own the dvd, but I've just heard such bad things.
Honestly I saw these movies mentioned in another thread and had never heard of them. So I looked it up and my above description was the first review I saw. 🤣

So basically, a man is reluctantly forced to return to his work, though ideally he'd rather be done with it and put it behind him. While on the job, some people die, he participates in a rooftop battle, and a Russian singer performs a beautiful song.
Some very loose inspiration is taken from a piece of classic Italian literature.

So basically, a man is reluctantly forced to return to his work, though ideally he'd rather be done with it and put it behind him. While on the job, some people die, he participates in a rooftop battle, and a Russian singer performs a beautiful song.
Some very loose inspiration is taken from a piece of classic Italian literature.
Didn't mean to kill the thread with this one lol
The answer is Clerks

So basically, a boy living with his aunt and uncle is swept up in an adventure when he learns from a bearded mentor that his father had magical abilities and he may too. He makes a friend who has a furry companion and eventually becomes a third wheel with a female mutual friend.
I think this works for The Sword and The Stone, too. :)

Michael J Fox movie. I don’t know if Cars is a rip-off, but it is beat-for-beat the same plot.
Works for a ton of other films too, like Footloose. It's a tried-and-true formula.

Rich boy doesn't want to do his dad's job when he gets older, and when he's forced into it he immediately screws it up and nearly loses everything. Fortunately, he's got some sassy friends to help him rally and learn his dad was probably right about a lot of things that he just didn't understand because he was spoiled and sheltered.

Back
Top Bottom