• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

So basically.... A Movie Summary Game

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The rules are simple: Summarize a movie in a brief statement that is intentionally ambiguous/weird and see if people can guess the film.

Here's an example using Dune: Part 2

Spoilers, obviously

So basically, Peter Parker becomes Dr Strange after drinking worm piss and realises he has to have a knife fight with Gorr the God Butcher so that he can to marry Black Widow's sister. MJ isn't happy about it.

Last edited:
Shouldn’t we have to guess the movie before we can leave a summary?

A drug addict uses a developmentally challenged man to have a baby before dying of AIDS.

Shouldn’t we have to guess the movie before we can leave a summary?
Absolutely, I was just using an example in the first post to demonstrate the game.

As to your summary, I literally have no idea 😅 and now I really want to know!

An early 90's movie. Our protagonist is great at what he does, and proves to be rather athletic and acrobatic. At one point he goes to Robin Williams to help disguise him to fit in with another crowd that he's not used to, for one reason or another. The villain has a sort of position of power, yet he's jealous of our protagonist. The villain ends up having a weird attraction towards the protagonist's love interest, but she has no interest in him. The love interest is in love with our protagonist, but someone close to her insists that they shouldn't be together.

It's not what you're thinking.

An early 90's movie. Our protagonist is great at what he does, and proves to be rather athletic and acrobatic. At one point he goes to Robin Williams to help disguise him to fit in with another crowd that he's not used to, for one reason or another. The villain has a sort of position of power, yet he's jealous of our protagonist. The villain ends up having a weird attraction towards the protagonist's love interest, but she has no interest in him. The love interest is in love with our protagonist, but someone close to her insists that they shouldn't be together.

It's not what you're thinking.
Aladdin?

A recently-widowed man of the cloth tries desperately to retrieve his two step-children, after they run away and are kept from him by the gun-toting owner of an unofficial orphanage. A directorial debut from the mid-1950s, not quite a musical but has a few songs memorably performed throughout.

Last edited:
So basically... A supernatural entity encounters some kids and massively impacts their life because they have awful parents and returns every 20 years

Last edited:
I admit I didn’t come up with this but it’s funny.

Scientist asks old woman about the location of a rare diamond and she tells him a three hour story about losing her virginity.
Does it happen to have 10 listed edits?

Back
Top Bottom