• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Smudger 9's Clone Wars Movie Series: Episodes I, II, III, IV and V

Well there's Vimeo, Dropbox, or megaupload. Whatever is easiest works for me.

Just remember, don't post anything here, PM only.

Will do ;-). Should have a viewable version by the end of next week.

I'll volunteer as well to help review the workprint, as I am very familiar with this series and had previously helped review Q2's TCW edit.

Thanks for all the offers of help!!

I'm almost at the stage where I can submit a copy. Here are a few clips to show what I'm doing with it.

The first one isn't too impressive, but shows how I've integrated two separate story arc and also how I've added in a score from Attack of the Clones.

Second shows how I've removed a storyline from one episode (Hidden Enemy) and replaced it with a storyline from another episode (Grievous Intrigue), and how I've removed the Jabba's son storyline and replaced it with the kidnapping of Eeth Koth.

Couple more clips:

This one continues the rescue of Master Koth and adds in a nice scene between Anakin and Ahsoka from another episode that develops their relationship and explains Ahsoka's absence from the battle of Kamino.

This one shoes a lot of added and altered scenes/dialogue that allows the Rookies/ARC troopers story arc to be a continuous story instead of being set several months apart. It produces a nice final act to the movie.

I'm working through TCW for the first time right now on Netflix and I'm almost done with the first season. The overall story arc seems pretty good but the stiff animations and childish dialogue (especially Jar Jar!) really hurt the series. Paring it down to a movie would at least help the dialogue and pacing. Too bad there's nothing we can do about the animation.

asterixsmeagol said:
I'm working through TCW for the first time right now on Netflix and I'm almost done with the first season. The overall story arc seems pretty good but the stiff animations and childish dialogue (especially Jar Jar!) really hurt the series. Paring it down to a movie would at least help the dialogue and pacing. Too bad there's nothing we can do about the animation.

The animation gets much better, especially from midway through season 3. Seasons 5 and 6 are fantastic.

Just caught up with this thread and I'm very excited tip see what you do with this. I'm a big fan of the series but find it hard to watch the first 2 to 3 series. Hopefully you are able to Fuzz that for us.

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Recently finished watching the series on Netflix. And would have to agree regarding the animation in seasons 5 and 6. It continuously gets better as they up the ante with what they can do each time. This'll be a fresh way to experience the series as it is adapted into film format.

One of the things that really loved a lot was Ahsoka's story. As well as Maul. It was nice seeing the character and getting to know him throughout his story arc. Plus, I believe TCW managed to utilize the character far better than was done in TPM. And the Yoda story arc from The Lost Missions was really epic as well.

My series will eventually get to those latter episodes. The edits will take much less time because the overall quality improved drastically.

Episode VIII: The Lost Jedi will focus on Ahsoka's story, culminating in her exit from the order.

Episode IX: Labyrinth of Evil will be a cut of the Yoda and Order 66 ARC

Not to be annoying, but do you have all 9 titles chosen?

Mostly. I haven't yet finalised the structure of episode 7, so it's title is pending.

I Army of the Republic
II A New Threat
III Rise of the Bounty Hunters
IV A Galaxy Divided
V Power of the Force
VI Dark Side Rising
VII
VIII The Lost Jedi
IX Labyrinth of Evil

Is it going to work like 3 trilogies, or just one 9 movie arc?

emanswfan said:
I'll volunteer as well to help review the workprint, as I am very familiar with this series and had previously helped review Q2's TCW edit.
PM sent

L8wrtr said:
Just got caught upon this thread smudger. I love the ambition of this project, particularly for your first project. TCW were very hit and miss, some truly creative and fun things cluttered with mind-numbingly idiotic, condescending garbage. A multi-film edit was always on my way, way back-burner but I am glad that others have taken to it.

Being that this is your first project, and you have a lot of work ahead of you, you'll definitely want some feedback on both your narrative efforts and technical. If you're looking for a screener, I'd be very happy to preview and provide constrictive feedback, particularly given that you're a fellow FCP editor ;)

Either way, good luck with this!

Stay Thirsty.
PM Sent

Hal9000 said:
Same here!
PM sent

Quick project update. The penultimate cut of Episode I is now completed. The next step is a critical viewing by some generous folks here before my final cut. It is currently uploading to Vimeo, but due to my apparent snail-like upload speeds this is literally going to take a few days.

In the meantime I had a couple of hours spare tonight so I thought I would make my first attempt at a poster. This is my first fan art attempt so any suggestions and input would be welcome. I've gone for a generic structure that I can modify for all 9 episodes.

The man character is in the centre, with 2 other major players in the background (on "goodie" and one "baddie) and a major scene from the movie across the bottom. The logo, roman numeral and title font will be consistent for all episodes.

Army-of-the-Republic-Poster-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom