• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

SHURI : Black Panther II - shortened and focused - complete

Maybe, the Justice League font.
star wars lol GIF by mtv

Beware! Comments like this will make the Avengers assemble.

I believe the Wakandan font is called Beyno.
2a34d8_808afdf68e704e4a9dd50a3755a024cfmv2.jpg

Okay. I like these suggestions for the title. The comic version would have been good, but I opted for the more uniform and sort of understated wakanda style font.
I sampled Shuri's hair for the colour.
full

Last edited:
Okay. I like these suggestions for the title. The comic version would have been good, but I opted for the more uniform and sort of understated wakanda style font.
I sampled Shuri's hair for the colour.
VrLtwzb.png
That is one very awesome poster!

Finally got a chance to look at the other clips.

I like the direction taken with the mining scene (other than when the one CIA agent gets speared & the Talokani are all of a sudden on the boat). It also doesn't feel right to place this scene between the lab and mourning at the river. It's probably just personal preference, but scenes should ideally lead into one another organically, and the mining scene feels shoehorned into those two scenes (which feed into each other better, imo).

To get a better idea what I mean by ideas flowing into each other from scene to scene, removing Romanda's trip to Haiti doesn't interrupt the flow because the AIs saying the people who captured Shuri spoke Yuccatec Mayan, and cutting to the place where Shuri was captured keeps the momentum of the story going

The chase with the police is well done. We get it, Riri built an Iron Man suit, we don't need to repeat the "icing problem" scene.

Good minimizing on Ross, as well as Okoye. The lines Romanda doesn't say cut sharper than the original. (Another good example of keeping up the momentum, since the Ross & Okoye scene are both a result of the fallout of the attack/kidnapping the night before).

Interesting idea to place the trip to Haiti where you did, interesting to see it play out in the edit proper.

Not sure about the fade to black in order to "Remove Ross at the headquarters," since fades to black aren't really used a lot in the movie proper (from what I recall)

I miss the talk between Okoye and Nakia since it mentions Thanos, but I get why it was cut. Not a fan inserting the rising water in between M'Baku talking with his men because the background sound levels are different & it's noticeable (something similar happens when trying to reduce focus on the Wakandan battle & Midnight Angels).

Romanda's final struggle is perfect, no notes. Same for shifting around the heart-shaped herb section & demphasizing Riri.

The new ground battle between Shuri & Namor really works for me now. Not sure what you did compared to the earlier attempt I saw, but great job (as well as restucturing the flashbacks at the end of their fight).

Good bridging of the end scene & post-credit scene, though I'd try to remove the guitar instrumental since it distracts from the Rhianna song.

All in all, though, I'm pumped for this edit!

Thank you for the notes!!!
I like the direction taken with the mining scene (other than when the one CIA agent gets speared & the Talokani are all of a sudden on the boat). It also doesn't feel right to place this scene between the lab and mourning at the river. It's probably just personal preference, but scenes should ideally lead into one another organically, and the mining scene feels shoehorned into those two scenes (which feed into each other better, imo).
I appreciate what you're saying here. I don't think there are any other options. I wanted to have the audio over the marvel logo and I wanted it to juxtapose with the news report about Ramonda's isolationism, so this placement is essential. Also, I need the mining ship scene before the appearance of Namor with the vibranium detector. I also feel that the scene fits well into the time it would take for Shuri and Ramonda to travel to their destination.
The chase with the police is well done. We get it, Riri built an Iron Man suit, we don't need to repeat the "icing problem" scene.
I appreciate you saying this.
Good minimizing on Ross, as well as Okoye. The lines Romanda doesn't say cut sharper than the original. (Another good example of keeping up the momentum, since the Ross & Okoye scene are both a result of the fallout of the attack/kidnapping the night before).
Thanks. I too feel that the silence is deafening and incredibly powerful.
Not sure about the fade to black in order to "Remove Ross at the headquarters," since fades to black aren't really used a lot in the movie proper (from what I recall)
Agreed. I have removed this already. It's just a straight cut now and I think it's actually okay and I didn't ned the fade.
I miss the talk between Okoye and Nakia since it mentions Thanos, but I get why it was cut. Not a fan inserting the rising water in between M'Baku talking with his men because the background sound levels are different & it's noticeable (something similar happens when trying to reduce focus on the Wakandan battle & Midnight Angels).
I hear this audio issue. I wasn't sure if it was just hyper awareness. I can examine it tomorrow.
The new ground battle between Shuri & Namor really works for me now. Not sure what you did compared to the earlier attempt I saw, but great job (as well as restucturing the flashbacks at the end of their fight).
great stuff. I don't know precisely what I did since last time. I think I might have done some reframing and maybe some audio work? Maybe slightly different timing... can't recall ^^
Good bridging of the end scene & post-credit scene, though I'd try to remove the guitar instrumental since it distracts from the Rhianna song.
okay, yes i can do!

I did a final render of this already as I thought I'd had all feedback. it was a several hour render so I really don't want to do any more visual edits right now, but audio edits are easier to update and I haven't uploaded anything yet so it's all good. (was going to do uploading tomorrow or friday).

I really appreciate you taking the time to look at all these :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nic
Many thanks to you all for your support. I really am grateful for all you guys give me.

SHURI : Black Panther II is now complete and released :)

Whosoever wants to see the finished version, please let me know, I already sent a link to those who I recall expressing an interest in the final version, but I may have missed somebody ^^

Thank you so much.

can't believe I forgot this.

k42q6uuwd1421.jpg

Last edited:
I've rendered and uploaded an update for this today.
  • I removed the bit where Riri mentions Star Wars and Indiana Jones.
  • I fixed missing subtitles.
  • I've restored the part where Riri says "Mr Griot" when asking for Backup as some people got confused as to who was flying the ship.
  • I remixed the audio of the funeral music right at the start, so it comes in more gently.
  • I fixed the errant music that came in during the quiet part right at the end.
I have also remastered the audio because it was pretty bad and I didn't know how bad because I couldn't hear it. Turns out I had converted one of my sources at a terrible bitrate and have no idea why. It's much higher quality now and I converted via prologic II so it might have surround for some people.

Thanks to good feedback, I've revised this scene to reduce Riri throwing objects at Shuri as it was suggested to be out of character for a child prodigy.
I also removed the bit here about Okoye's makeup as it never landed for me. This will be part of a future update when I upgrade the project with physical media when i find it for a good price.

Back
Top Bottom