• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Scream 4 Recut

you're welcome. i forogot to praisevthe awesome drinking game thats included

there's also a drinking game hidden within the code of neg's new avatar. . .

said avatar being 5x aweshum.

Neglify said:
I think we're pretty much on the same page. The movie starts to fall apart at the barn (no spoilers).In my eyes Scream 1 gets a 10/10. Scream 2 is a 9/10. Scream 3 is like a 2/10. Scream 4 I'd give a 7/10, but the way I recut it (if it were the actual movie) I'd give an 8/10.

Have you just rated your own edit?:)

NewSpock said:
Have you just rated your own edit?:)

More or less yeah I guess so. Here I'll go a step further.

A/V Quality - 9
Visual Editing - 8
Auditing Editing - 8
Narrative - 8
Enjoyment - 8

Neglify said:
More or less yeah I guess so. Here I'll go a step further.

A/V Quality - 9
Visual Editing - 8
Auditing Editing - 9
Narrative - 8
Enjoyment - 8

:)

I rated my own lunch today:

nutritional content - 7 (a bit generous)
visual appeal - 6
originality - 3
enjoyment - 7

overall, not bad. good job me.

sorry. its in my belly. It was: peanut butter on pumpernickel. A banana. some carrots. and a few triscuits. Not very colorful, I'll admit, but I was limited by the source material. what's an editor to do?

I know this thread has been buried 5 pages back but can you send me a link to this? Scream 4 is one of my favorites in the series and I would love to see it.

I'm still really excited to watch this as a huge Scream fan. I just wish you went with the alternate opening and didn't trim the crime scene.

I'll watch it this weekend if it works and I'll leave a proper review. :)

The DVD for this has been uploaded to Mega, look to Info for the hookup.

Just watched it. Liked it. Though I did have some problems.

Wish you added in some of the best deleted scenes like the alternate opening. I thought this edit really suffered in the beginning due to the theatrical opening being kept. The STAB 7 opening is basically about how stupid and dry the openings are now with the jump scares, calls, bad acting, and the lack of gore. The alternate opening is horrifying, scary, and just brutal - two girls getting brutally butchered in their house is more realistic than the cat and mouse phone calls. It's also more gruesome and is a start up to how bloody the movie gets after. I also didn't get cutting half of the crime scene bit. I love the shot of Jenny's body. I also thought Dewey's Test and Rebecca's Alternate Death were two deleted scenes that should have been added.

Wasn't also a fan of the Recut titles at the credits and title card but that didn't bother me.

Wish the rules thing was cut with filming the murders in the Cinema Club. It's pointless and it is never brought up again until the finale. Killing in the pattern of the original murders? I don't believe they did lol.

But it was very well edited and I did enjoy it. I'm getting sick of reviewing Scream 4 fan edits but this was well done.

Thank you Adam The Deviant for the review! :]X

Just watched it last night for Halloween and I still like it. You should update the changes on the database though. This cut actually uses most of the PPV dialogue, not just the one you mentioned with Dewey in the hospital. I'm really good at noticing this stuff so just thought you should know.

Thanks for the review and the kind words. :)

On the IFDB page I say:

Sources:
Scream 4 R1 DVD
Scream 4 R2 DVD (“The PPV Cut”)

The differences between the editions are all in the audio and most are very minor. I primarily used the audio from the R2 DVD. (Video was from R1.)

In the Cutlist I only note the times I specifically used Theatrical Cut audio. I don't think it's needed to note all the "PPV" dialogue I kept, as I said "I primarily used the audio from the R2 DVD." But thanks.

Oh I missed that haha. Sorry.

Also gonna let my friend borrow a copy of this. Hope he likes it.

Back
Top Bottom