• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Scream 4 Recut

Neglify said:
^^^^^^
And to a greater degree...
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

(NSFW-ish)
2e95bf947487190a034b5d08d577120f.gif

DAMN! :eek: Is that from the third season? I think I'm going to have to catch up. :lol: She's definitely chestier than she appears. :lol:

It's actually not from Community. It's from some web series she did or something. I can't remember.

That would explain the 4x3 ratio. Now I must know what it's from. :lol:

:lol: Interesting name, unfortunately it can only be viewed from within the United States. :(

It's ok you're not missing anything. I just finished watching all 5 episodes. They suck hard. You're better off just watching that .gif over and over.

Neglify said:
It's ok you're not missing anything. I just finished watching all 5 episodes. They suck hard. You're better off just watching that .gif over and over.

Yeah, but I can't pause that .gif. :shock: :lol:

Oh yes you can...just hit ESC at the appropriate time.

otay, not being a scream fan (enjoyed the first, can't remember whether i saw the second, definitely didn't see the third), i had my doubts about scream 4. and i mussay i had fun watching neg's cut. next up: watching the original so i can compare.

Rebue:

Scream 4's ending is overblown and annoyingly dragged out. Fortunately, Neg applies his digital knife to the movie to give us a proper cliffhanger and a vastly improved ending.

As per usual, Neg's audio surgery is complicated (just reading the cut list makes me lightheaded in a blood-loss kind of way), but the transplants and sutures are largely indiscernible to the viewer, as they should be.

I actually liked the first couple tunes in the original end credits, but Neg's choice of closing music is simply groovy.

If I were King of da Planet, I would demand that Neg work on Scream 5. Or else I'd send Ghost Face after the producers.

Thank you dude. :)

ssj said:
If I were King of da Planet, I would demand that Neg work on Scream 5. Or else I'd send Ghost Face after the producers.

:lol:

The first Scream movie was really entertaining and original. With the second one the filmmakers could have easily fallen into the trap they themselves created but Scream 2 turned out to be almost as good as the first one. Scream 3 was the first sequel that felt like they started to milk the concept, and it was more a spoof movie of the previous Scream movies than a smart satire on horror movies. But at least I was entertained. Then came Scream 4...

Here is what I liked about Scream 4: The scenes leading up to Olivia’s death and aftermath (although there was too much blood on the walls, this isn’t a Rob Zombie movie) the scenes with Sidney and Jill (“you remind me of me” and “I know how you feel”) and the idea of the ending (but it wasn’t executed well IMO)

Now to Neglify’s fanedit; I wish I had seen this is the version in theaters instead of the Black Christmas (remake) ending we got. And the deleted scenes that were added in work perfectly. Although the movie still sucks and because I (sometimes) have a hard time expressing myself I’m going to paste something here that Neglify himself wrote in a review, where he quoted something that geminigod wrote in a review (how meta can you get?)

“It is much much improved now but still something I don’t have much fondness for.
I’m going pull a page out of the geminigod review playbook…
(Fanedit rating focuses on technical and creative criteria that pertain specifically to the scope and depth of changes made from the source material by the faneditor. In other words, I might hate the movie but still give a high fanedit rating if I really respect the re-editing work done to it.
Movie rating judges on traditional criteria of quality/enjoyment as if this were an original theatrical release being seen for the first time.)”

I guess it all comes down to this: If you really disliked Scream4 then this fanedit won’t save it for you, but if you half liked it than you want to download this because it is a more polished and thought through version. And this being the best version of Scream4 got to be worth something, right?

10/10

Awesome, thank you steFANedit. :)

And great way to keep gemgod's review structure alive!

Re-uploaded DVD to Rapidshare. DLC submitted to Info.

Scream 4 Recut Negliy Fanedit DVD5 is uploaded to Usenet. NZB submitted to Ralph Fienne's website.

I downloaded this and your other Scream fanedit the other day, look forward to checking them both out :)

Made a torrent for the DVD5 of this one as well, submitted to Info. Send PM if you don't see it up yet.

Sorry to hijacking the thread, just want to talk about some bullshit regarding scre4m

Remember when ghostface asks Kirby some movie trivia?

"Name the movie that started the slasher craze: Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Last House on the Left or Psycho?
"Psycho."
"None of the above! Peeping Tom, 1960, directed by Michael Powell."

Okay get your facts straight movie, Halloween was the movie that started the slasher craze not Peeping Tom (I mean, right after Peeping Tom came out cinema just exploded with imitators, slasher movies right and left....or wait, no, that didn't happen)

Also the bullshit about "...if you wanna be the new, new version, the killer should be filming the murders." yeah cause that's never happen before, like with scream 2, or why not the oldest but goldest "Henry - portrait of a serial killer"

The whole thing about scre4m (that I think no fanedit can save) is that it's so dumbed down, simplified. Like Sidney sit down on the whole talk about "rules" like if it's a joke, that never happened in scream 1 or 2 (just in silly scream 3)

Scream 1 and 2 felt like they took place in reality where there was a big difference between the movies with-in the movie and "reality" (read: the movie) and this was all done to make a point. Scre4m managed this to an extend but overall it a felt like "the same only dumbed down...going through the motions..."

I remember when this was going to be released (the original cut of scre4m, not this fanedit) and they studio released a clip online to get people interested. The clip was Jill and Trevor in her room talking when suddenly Sidney walks in on them and Trevor leaves through the window and I was like "wow this is how they going to do it? It's going to be great, a really smart way to mirror the original without making a carbon copy of it." Now, scre4m was no carbon copy but a lot of things felt like "I remember having seeing something like before, only better..."

anyway that was that (it feels better now) and I just want to make it clear that in no way shape or form am I taking a piss at Neglify's fanedit, he made the theatrical cut better IMO, but I'm complaining about the filmmakers that had no businesses resurrecting the scream corpse to begin with if nothing creative was done with it.

I definitely agree with a lot of what you say.

Thanks for the review [MENTION=7583]Sunarep[/MENTION]! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Back
Top Bottom