• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Random TV Show Thoughts

Note that I haven't watched it, so could be totally wrong, and I don't know what network it aired on (I've just seen it listed on Netflix), but - isn't that what The Magicians is?

Gaith said:
Wizards of Waverly Place aside, I'm kinda surprised no broadcast TV network has tried to do a Harry Potter knockoff, i.e., a show build around young people doing magic in a secret/quasi-contemporary setting. Maybe The CW, the most obvious network, is prevented from doing so by its Rowling-associated parent WB. But one would think one of the other networks might?

I haven't watched it, but I have seen CW commercials for LEGACIES, about a school for supernatural teens.  The promos made it look like a cross between Harry Potter and X-Men.   I believe it is a spin off from Vampire Diaries and the Originals?

ChainsawAsh said:
Note that I haven't watched it, so could be totally wrong, and I don't know what network it aired on (I've just seen it listed on Netflix), but - isn't that what The Magicians is?

Aye, but that's SyFy, not a broadcast network.

bionicbob said:
I haven't watched it, but I have seen CW commercials for LEGACIES, about a school for supernatural teens.  The promos made it look like a cross between Harry Potter and X-Men.   I believe it is a spin off from Vampire Diaries and the Originals?

Huh, hadn't heard of that one - I don't think the AV Club/io9 have mentioned it at all, but yeah, that's pretty much what I had in mind. :p

Silly Gaith, there aren't "broadcast networks" anymore.

bionicbob said:
suspiciouscoffee said:
I just finished season 4 of Star Trek DS9.  I'm not sure how I feel about
Odo being human now

Keep with it.  Some very cool stories and character moments arise from Odo's new status.   ;)

You were right.  I just watched S5E12 "The Begotten" and I may have cried a little...

As part of a young generation, me, my sister, my friends, and everyone else I know can confirm that Seinfeld certainly does hold up.

Edit to give a bit more context
My sister is 18, my friend is a few younger than that, my uncle is in his 20s, I'm an age, we're all within the "teens and 20-somethings" demographic. I haven't watched a lot, but I love what I have seen. It's my uncle's favorite show (well it was, it's probably beaten by Game of Thrones at this point  :dodgy: ) as well as my friend's, both have watched the whole series numerous times, and my sister watches it plenty (if a bit less than the other two).

Maybe we're just weird.

I haven't seen an episode in over a decade, so I can't answer that question.

Elaine's hairstyle definitely fails as a timeless classic, however.

Seinfeld never really caught on over here in the UK but I used to catch it periodically tucked away on BBC2 in a near midnight slot (crazy?!) Got all the box sets now though and for me it has the single greatest comedic episode of all time no contest "The Contest" :D

in keeping with catching up with shows late, I've recently started Downton Abbey and bloody fab it is too! Maggie Smith deserves her own sitcom

suspiciouscoffee said:
I finally reached the famous (or infamous?) baseball episode of DS9.

"Take Me Out to the Holo-Suite" -- comedic gold, baby!!! love it!  :D

Finished DS9.  I cried.  Now I'll be taking a break from trekking and watch My Hero Academia since my brother's been begging me to watch this with him.  I've seen a few episodes before and liked it.

My Hero Academia is an amazing show, I love it so much. I've been watching it with my stepmother and little brother.

WIll finish Downton Abbey tonight or tomorrow, can't decide on Soprano's or Deadwood next??

Sinbad said:
WIll finish Downton Abbey tonight or tomorrow, can't decide on Soprano's or Deadwood next??

Deadwood.  ;)

bionicbob said:
Sinbad said:

Deadwood.  ;)

I've always been put off before by knowing it was cut short but there's a Deadwood film coming later this year tying things up isn't there.

Sinbad said:
bionicbob said:
Sinbad said:

Deadwood.  ;)

I've always been put off before by knowing it was cut short but there's a Deadwood film coming later this year tying things up isn't there.

Sopranos is of course equally excellent, but yeah, I figured of the two, less binge watching with Deadwood and ending on a more satisfying note in terms of quality, as Sopranos went on a bit too long and the last couple of seasons were not as good imo.

But yeah, you need to watch Sopranos eventually. :D

bionicbob said:
Sinbad said:
bionicbob said:
Sinbad said:

Deadwood.  ;)

Sopranos is of course equally excellent, but yeah, I figured of the two, less binge watching with Deadwood and ending on a more satisfying note in terms of quality, as Sopranos went on a bit too long and the last couple of seasons were not as good imo.

Currently on the Sopranos season 2, I love it so far!

wilhelm scream said:
bionicbob said:
Sinbad said:
bionicbob said:
Sinbad said:

Deadwood.  ;)

Currently on the Sopranos season 2, I love it so far!

Funny, I just started the series.  Seen 3 or 4 episodes so far.  It's so good.

Sinbad said:
WIll finish Downton Abbey tonight or tomorrow

I misread this as Downtown Abbey years ago and I still call it that to this day.  Annoys the crap out of my wife lol.

Back
Top Bottom