• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Prometheus - Special Edition - an Agent 9 Fanedit

steFANedit said:
This is what happened to me with Part9, file being corrupt. Tried to download it again but it doesn't work. Does it work for the rest of you?

Do you have a Plan9 for Part9, Agent9? ;-)

hahaha... nice... ya I got a new up.. Sorry.. Seems this movie is starting to really hate me... lol..

As Promised:

JOURNEY TO THE PLANET OF GODS
This was a project I started, but never finished.
After working on my Prometheus Special Edition edit and then starting this one, I just got really tired of looking at the footage...
There where a lot of things I had planned for this project, but just never got around to doing.
I wanted to replace holograms with other effects, change some of the matte paintings, change some sound effects, finish the music replacement.... etc etc the list goes on....
I figured since I wasn't going to finish this project, that I would at least share what I did get done....
I hope you enjoy it for what it is.

PW: fanedit

(This video is also posted in my Ideas & Tests thread here:
http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread.php?11150-Agent-9-Ideas-amp-Tests/page4)
-A9

I've not actually seen Prometheus yet but a friend of mine (who has) is coming over tomorrow and we'd been planning to watch the Blu Ray then. I'm tempted instead to check out your cut as it sounds like a lot of what put me off seeing it the first time around has been cleaned up. (I'm also tempted not to tell my mate and see if he notices!)

I'll drop you a review once I've seen it, so you've got a slightly different perspective represented on there (which is to say, from someone coming into this cut as if it were the released version of the movie).

Couple of things:

1. Bizarrely, I think the Blu Ray cover art I like most is the incredibly minimalist Weyland Corp logo one - is there any chance I can get a hi res version of that?
  2. If you ever get around to making a 3D version of your cut, count me among the few who'd love to see it.

Take it easy, Agent 9!

Agent9 said:
As Promised:

JOURNEY TO THE PLANET OF GODS
This was a project I started, but never finished.
After working on my Prometheus Special Edition edit and then starting this one, I just got really tired of looking at the footage...
There where a lot of things I had planned for this project, but just never got around to doing.
I wanted to replace holograms with other effects, change some of the matte paintings, change some sound effects, finish the music replacement.... etc etc the list goes on....
I figured since I wasn't going to finish this project, that I would at least share what I did get done....
I hope you enjoy it for what it is.

PW: fanedit

(This video is also posted in my Ideas & Tests thread here:
http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread.php?11150-Agent-9-Ideas-amp-Tests/page4)
-A9

Loved it!

I guess Agent 9 didn't have a clue about what Prometheus was really about.
"The trick is not minding that it hurts"
:-D

I really didn't care that much about Prometheus so I needed a fanedit to see it fixed.
I just thought "missed opportunity" and moved on.
Then I saw all these posts from new members asking rules-violating questions and that made me think that this must be really something if it attracted this much attention from people not familiar with the world of fanediting. So I had to see it.

The new opening is so much better and it is now more about the mission and less about Shaw's faith, something I felt was handled in such a cliché way. Not showing the dig at the beginning makes Shaw and Holloway look less like hard core fanatics that just travel to the other side of the universe because "they believe"

That religious "because that is what I choose to believe" dream sequence is now gone.
I think you should have cut more of the religious aspect out "we need a true believer aboard" etc.

I always thought that the briefing scene felt stupid; This scientific expedition cost around a trillion dollars and the people hired don't know what the mission is about before takeoff? It is only when they arrive at their destination that they are finally briefed (btw, taking off the helmet bullshit was the biggest failure in this movie imo. and that is not something that can be fixed with a a fanedit) maybe I'm nitpicking, let's move on.

With the two guys left behind it now doesn't feel like "...and while everyone else was off f***ing each other--"

The added scenes with Vickers and the Captain was nice (although when you cut back to Shaw and David it felt awkward) the conclusions that the Captain comes to later on and what he tells Shaw doesn't feel like taken from thin air anymore. Like the filmmakers needed a scene that
explains this and that to the audience and they just came up with something. This feels more natural.

Agent 9 saved this film as much as saving could be done. It's now more connected with the Alien franchise and I believe that is a good thing. The story is now more fleshed out and feel more whole.

If I could change one thing in this fanedit I would change the fight scene between Shaw and the engineer back to the original version. The idea that she would even stand a chance against this creature is really stretching my disbelief to the breaking point. It is so Hollywood, the final girl taking on the big monster. She wouldn't have stand a chance. And the OC was better in this regard.

This is the work of a true faneditor. The deleted scenes had unfinished effects which Agent 9 finished, he color corrected them, they had 2.0 audio so he remixed a new 5.1 track for them. The edit is in HD and there is even a 3d version. This could have been a dvd5 with all the deleted scenes being 2.0 with nothing done to the unfinished effects in them but this really is the Special Edition. Somewhere Ridley Scott probably gets a phone call from the studio saying that there is no need for a director's cut anymore...

zebramatt said:
Couple of things:

1. Bizarrely, I think the Blu Ray cover art I like most is the incredibly minimalist Weyland Corp logo one - is there any chance I can get a hi res version of that?
  2. If you ever get around to making a 3D version of your cut, count me among the few who'd love to see it.

Take it easy, Agent 9!

As per your request:

And the 3D Version is still being worked on, trying to get the 3D to render correctly and look really nice.. When I get it, I will let everyone know.

thx again..

-A9

Preciate it!

And no worries on the 3D - I (and the other, like, two people) can almost certainly wait till it's done!

Watched this edit today and was really impressed.

I did however notice a couple of video glitches in the HD MP4 and made a mental note to go back and check if I could find them again... which I haven't yet been able to do, so it might have been a one off in my renderer. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else encounters the same - they occurred within a couple of minutes of one another; the first was a sticky bottom tenth of a frame, the second a brief flash of green across same, with a little tearing.

I'll probably re-watch the edit at some point, see if I can nail down whether there actually is something wrong with the file.

I'm also going to put up a review soon, but I suspect it's going to be every bit as glowing as my T4 review!

EDIT: Also, I wanted to say it's a real shame you couldn't fit a commentary on the BD, as I'd have loved to hear your take on the movie and how it led you to each editorial decision - which scenes to leave in, which to cut, which to edit.

So the time has arrived my friends... I have completed and tested the 3D blu-ray.. the results..... Working and looking great!!...
The ISO is being compressed and will be uploaded soon..

Please keep in mind all of the deleted scene's where not originally available in 3D, I had to convert them, and so the 3D is not going to match the original 3D picture.
also please make sure you have your TV set to Left/Right for the correct 3D parallax to work. if your TV is set to Right/Left you will strain your eyes, not see really good 3D, or it will be very flat in places... and probably give you a headache.

The Blu-ray is completely in 3D - including the menu. There are no 2D elements on the disc at all.. But if you wish to have it 2D, remember you can just hit 3D-2D on your TV to convert it back to original format.

Spec for the BD are:
1080p - SBS LEFT/RIGHT 3D (including Menu system)
5.1 Dolby Surround
No subtitles (sorry couldn't get the subtitles to work in 3D, I did try but I will need to figure this out for future projects.)
Complete Menu and Chapter selection.
20 gigs.

Thanks for everyone's patience on this project... the wait is almost over.

-A9

In case anyone is interested in Box Art that say's 3D..... A Disc cover is also included in the folder.

Enjoy! :)

-A9

Early feedback: the 3D edition looks like it turned out pretty good, with the few replacement scenes I watched integrating into the movie seamlessly, although some of the titling appeared only on the primary visual channel (on my rig), which led to some ghosting of text - e.g. the credits around the opening titles - although in other places it was appearing in both channels (and therefore in 3D) as you'd expect.

But generally from what I saw, really solid production values and no jarring difference between original 3D material and inserted material converted to 3D.

Looking forward to giving it a proper spin.

zebramatt said:
Early feedback: the 3D edition looks like it turned out pretty good, with the few replacement scenes I watched integrating into the movie seamlessly, although some of the titling appeared only on the primary visual channel (on my rig), which led to some ghosting of text - e.g. the credits around the opening titles - although in other places it was appearing in both channels (and therefore in 3D) as you'd expect.

But generally from what I saw, really solid production values and no jarring difference between original 3D material and inserted material converted to 3D.

Looking forward to giving it a proper spin.

Ya I'm still trying to get this right, its a bit different than 2D editing. I've already got some feedback so far.. I've watched it but I may have missed some things, so let me know, and I'll try to repair them... I'll know for next time I do a 3D edit... the ghosting and the titles I'm aware of, I will try to begin fixing that..

The 2D to 3D conversion's on the deleted footage was a 4 month process, so I'm trying to make this nice..

Thanks so much..

-A9

Just wanted to say that after watching the trailer today I can't wait to see your edit, Prometheus was one of those films I was so eager to see and after the theater experience I felt as though it could have been so much better.

But now a few years have passed since I have seen it and I think that it would be a whole new movie to me. Thanks for all the hard work!

Just finished watching the edit.
The technical side of it was certainly very strong. The cuts, the integration of the deleted scenes (save for Vickers/Janek intercutting with Shaw/David), the colour correction, the cleaned up FX were all flawless. The audio was pretty good as well, even if there were some mixing problems from time to time (dialogue mixed in the front channels, the score turned up too loud). All in all, brilliant work.

The only problem was that the movie felt a bit disorganised. I can't quite put my finger on it but I think the film flowed a bit better when I last watched the theatrical version. That said, I remember feeling the same way when I first watched it at the cinema, so perhaps it's just a question of repeated viewings.

One thing I noticed with this edit is how much more sense it all makes with Agetn9's changes. But even though you get a more cohesive story, something is lost when everything is explained. The mystery is gone now, which proves to me that the problem with this movie was always at the script level.

Hands down, Agent9's version is the best IMHO. But I'm glad I saw it at the cinema first before seeing the Special Edition.

Back
Top Bottom