• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Prometheus - Special Edition - an Agent 9 Fanedit

TV's Frink said:
Personally, since I don't have a BD burner, I would like the next-highest quality possible, either an AVCHD or a HD mp4.

ok... good to know... A 14GB HD MP4 is being uploaded as well..

-A9

A9, you are one of the most patient guys I know of.
If someone asked for your edit of Prometheus for their Viewfinder I suspect you would try.

2844583899_ZPkFK_xlarge.png

Vultural said:
A9, you are one of the most patient guys I know of.
If someone asked for your edit of Prometheus for their Viewfinder I suspect you would try.

Working on it...... Its a really long process though...

Just great! :)

I really like the following detail: Disc 1 of 50! Haha!

I think you just made the new disc art there :)

Just wanted to make all aware:

All of these Versions are now available.... Enjoy.. :)

Nice one A9 not been on for a few days so nice surprise to see your finished revised edition upped.
And that viewfinder cell is some funny stuff truly epic :lol:

Also only just read up that Prometheus 2's script is offically been written and has a 2016 date,
so dont go too far A9 as you'll be called once again for your version in 2016 of Prometheus 2 :eek:

I am insanely excited about this, thank you Agent9!

The download is listed as 13.3GB for the 1080 copy, that seems a little low?

That's for the HD mp4. The BD is 17.5 GB.

Muffy said:
Nice one A9 not been on for a few days so nice surprise to see your finished revised edition upped.
And that viewfinder cell is some funny stuff truly epic :lol:

Also only just read up that Prometheus 2's script is offically been written and has a 2016 date,
so dont go too far A9 as you'll be called once again for your version in 2016 of Prometheus 2 :eek:

Hahahaha... thx...

I will try to be around for that... :)

Wow, what a difference this revised edition makes for the deleted scenes that were added back in.

Removing the first few seconds of the 1st alien encounter scene coupled with the now seemless audio
transitions in and out makes this edition worth it alone. Also noticed the alien/zombie scenes scream as the wheels
crush the head had been recut really good job A9.

This BD sits on the shelf with the original retail BD inside the case as the bonus disk now lolz, I look forward to noticing all your little tweaks over the many repeat viewing of this quality edit ;-)

Cheers A9

Thx so much Muffy... Appreciate it, and glad you enjoyed the new edit.

Really nice work on the second edit. Not that there was much wrong with your initial edit.
I'll be the first to confess, however, that I did bark about the sound being only 2 channel, and the lack of chapters.
Totally solved with this cut. Great 5.1 sound, chapters, and subtitles!
What's missing? Lapdance from Miss Vickers?
Still have the first edit (which I'm keeping), but this is an improvement.
Thank you.

Vultural said:
Really nice work on the second edit. Not that there was much wrong with your initial edit.
I'll be the first to confess, however, that I did bark about the sound being only 2 channel, and the lack of chapters.
Totally solved with this cut. Great 5.1 sound, chapters, and subtitles!
What's missing? Lapdance from Miss Vickers?
Still have the first edit (which I'm keeping), but this is an improvement.
Thank you.

Thanks so much for the update Vultural, I'm glad you enjoyed the revised edition and the 5.1 sound, which was probably the most amount of work, since all of the deleted scenes are 2.0, and no the 5.1 for those scenes isn't just stretched across the channels, it has all its own custom sfx layers, music, ambience etc... all mixed.
Again appreciate the update, that you enjoyed the new cut..

thx
-A9

I just watched the new version and I'm amazed by the quality on display here.

I'd like to review it. I looked at the edits page in the database and a lot of the reviews are from May, so I'm assuming that is the previous version. Should I just go ahead and review it there are is there another page for version 2?

Toonloon said:
I'd like to review it. I looked at the edits page in the database and a lot of the reviews are from May, so I'm assuming that is the previous version. Should I just go ahead and review it there are is there another page for version 2?

That's the correct page. It was updated when V2 was released but no need for a second page, that'd get too confusing. Yes, there are times when a new version of an edit gets it's own page but that's only when it's been drastically changed and the editor feels each stand on their own.

Thanks Neglify. I'll write up a review there ASAP.

I was all set to watch v2 this afternoon...but I couldn't get VLC to play surround sound properly. I'm sure it was something with my settings as no one else has reported a problem. Having said that, I tested a few other edits with surround sound and had no problem.

To give a little more detail, VLC has an "audio device" setting. There is a 5.1 setting, but it didn't work right with this edit. To be fair, it didn't work with a few other edits I tested either (Harmy's Despec v2.5 and Seciors' Ep I v2). But then I noticed that the other edits had an additional setting, something along the lines of "pass through" something or other (I forget the exact phrasing). That option worked great with the other edits, but it was missing from the audio devices on this edit.

:-?

I'm not that concerned about filesize, but I can give that a shot. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom