• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Pressure Point Remastered 3/27/09

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
Just seen the fan edit and overall I was very pleased and give you high points. I admit it was pretty long ago I saw TWINE but i remember it fairly good anyway. To take the negative things first;
24) Bond's intro to Christmas gone and all references to it as well - that could have been added in a shorter version as the story went to quickly in my opinon.
49) Cut M from Elektra death scene - I actually missed that seen. I thought that the original gave it some... emotions that I liked.
What you could have edited more is the Thames boat chase. I was thinking of the part when Bond is on land with the boat. It has alway annoyed me.
The title sequence with the original title (TWINE) could have been removed to make it a more...original fan edit.

The positive parts - well there is a lot as i didnt believe it was 22 minutes cut. A big applaude to you for that! The films attitude was simply more... grown up and in the end I'm a real fan of the original film so that gives you almost an A.

Overall it was a "pleassure" to "point" out this things i notice in the film. I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks and cheerio...

The DVD version will have a custom title sequence (special thanks to larrythefatcat for supplying the textless title sequence).

Feel free to point out any other flaws with the .avi release. I'll be sure to fix as many of them as I can for the DVD. I don't think I can do anything else with the Thames boat chase. Either the music won't fit or the chase will become choppy and nonsensical.

There's gotta be some way to take out the land-boat bit. Even a mildly visible cut, I think, would be far preferable to leaving it in. :wink:

These are the sequences that bookend the land boat:

-Cigar Girl runs over boat, causes massive explosion, preventing pursuit by Bond
-Bond heading straight toward Cigar Girl by the Millennium Dome.

It's just the way I edit. I'd rather cut less and have the cuts be mostly seamless than cut more and have it be all over the place.

I think in this particular case, you could've gotten away with cutting from the jump into the boathouse to the first jump after the restaurant, even if it would've looked funky with the maps. Just my take, though, I respect your decision. :wink:

Here's my review:

The edit:
First, let me note that I haven't seen TWINE in a *very* long time, so my scene-to-scene memory is fuzzy. I noticed a slightly rough cut or two, but nothing that would detract from the viewing experience. (Also, the boat-on-land remains.)
It felt like the story had been cut a bit too much. I remember about Renard and the bullet, and hated the hologram scene, but first-time viewers would be confused. Also, I had a general feeling of a dearth of emotional depth. How much is due to the edit and how much to the original, I can't say, but, while fun, the result didn't satisfy me on a thematic level.

editing: 4.5 of 5,
entertainment: 3 of 5

Image quality:
I watched the .avi version and thus cannot comment, but I believe the full dvd would look faultless.

Audio quality:
Seamless except for some audio fluctuation during the boat chase... could have been an .avi issue

audio: 4.75 of 5

Overall (not an average):
It's honestly been too long since I've seen TWINE to know which is better. I seem to remember one scene in particular in which Bond confronts Elektra about his suspicions, and while it may well have had its faults, I missed it.

I enjoyed the movie for most of its duration, but don't think I'll want to see either version again - the story just ain't there. So, a thanks to Tubes for his effort, and

3 out of 5

Yeah, you might as well leave the boat chase alone if you don't feel you can effectively cut anything without causing problems.

A few problems I noticed near the end of the film (the very end):

- On the balcony, it feels like Bond's last line fades away and is hard to hear. It may simply be an AVI problem, but might as well check it

- There is no "James Bond Will Return" at the end of the credits. Don't know if it got cut off or what, be better check it out.

It's all the way at the end of the credits. I moved it because, traditionally, JBWR is always after the credits, not before.

Tubes said:
It's all the way at the end of the credits. I moved it because, traditionally, JBWR is always after the credits, not before.

I know that, but on the avi it's not there. I checked on both WMP and VLC. It shows the whole made at screen then ends. Might want to check that.

Well, I'll be damned. It's in the full .avi, but not the one I split for distribution.

At any rate, it will be on the DVD. I have a busy week this week, so it'll be delayed a bit.

In quite possibly the longest production cycle for any fan edit I've finished, I'm polishing up Pressure Point for a DVD release. Did some color correcting, audio fixing, and I'm about halfway done with new main credits.

Will post samples once everything is finalzed.

Sounds great, like others have said, take your time. You don't want to have to feel like it needs redone in a few months.

Color Correction example:

Picture32.png

Original

Picture33.png

New

Also tweaked the audio a bit to volume fluctuations and added the United Artists logo at the beginning.

The release plan so far:

-DVD5 with 5.1 audio, still menus and Spring teaser
-DVD9 with 5.1 audio, motion menu's, special features, and a peak at future editing ideas. Possibly a commentary track.

It looks/sounds great so far!

I'm glad I could help make this excellent edit a bit more excellent-er! ;)

Working on two edits and DPing for a friend's film has forced me to neglect the Pressure Point DVD. However, I swear it will be out by the end of the month.

To give you an idea of the progress, here's a screencap of the Main Menu

Sequence2-1.jpg

Well, it took me over a year of on and off work, but the Pressure Point DVD is finally complete.

Some screencaps:

vlcsnap-00003.png

vlcsnap-00004.png

vlcsnap-00005.png

vlcsnap-00006.png

vlcsnap-00007.png

Did you scratch build the title's?

Yes, using the textless titles larrythefatcat sent me. Also in 5.1, with motion menus and the Spring Teaser.

Back
Top Bottom