• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Pressure Point Remastered 3/27/09

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

Tubes

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm seeding at ~256KB/s to somebody from Norway. So, unless if I have another dropout, it should be fine to access.

It'll still be hit and miss weither you connect to me or not.

Tubes

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
*awkward silence*

So, what does everyone think of it?

Tubes

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How long is this taking to get approved? Does no-one have any interest in this?

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
At the moment, I don't think anybody has it.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this will be commented on soon. Again I am truly sorry that it sometimes takes so long to get an approvement. It's a community thing. But I know you are longing for comments and I guarantee that you will get them.

Tubes

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The main reason why I'm so antsy is because I don't want to start another edit, only to find out that something wasn't right with Pressure Point and I'd have to start over again.

Anyways, any review would be appreciated. And if there is something wrong with the .rars, tell me.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Downloaded it last night.
I had not seen THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH since its original release. I just have a faint memory of it not being that good.
Pop the dvd in and we get a nice menu screen with "PRESSUE POINT." Hmm.
Looks like a nice dvd with more than one version. i pick the extended edit.
Video is nice, audio sounds good. I get into the film.
Overall, a very competent edit. No flash frames, both video and audio are good. I liked a lot of the edits, including losing the obligatory Q scene. (tubes has included it as a deleted scene for those soft-hearted viewers that miss Llewelyn's last appearance as Q.)
However, I don't think the editor when far enough. he cut a lot of the silly, funny lines but there are plenty of them still there. I would have liked to see a real hard-boiled edition: no jokes, no frivolous sex, no apologies, no clever one-liners after killing someone.
Other than that, my only quibbles are:
- the ski chase seems really tired and hardly exciting or original.

- He knocks Davidov out with a kick and then I just kept thinking "he's out for what... about an hour and then what? wouldn't he call his henchmen and warn them about Bond?". :-?

- Bond sees Dr Jones taking her radiation suit off and then he's going down an elevator? huh? did somebody load the wrong reel? :shock:

- the caviar factory chase. ugh. Long and boring. and the building spliting in 2 with the funny v.o.? i would have thought this is part of the "bloat" you were cutting. :?

- Bond cuddling Electra after her death. lose it and M too. :-x

But still a very good effort. :smile:
I look forward to this editor's next project. 8)

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
and this edit is hereby approved:
18596830yi7.png

thanks for the review, killbillme.

Tubes

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the review, killbillme! :D

Just remember that the caviar factory piece is cut roughly in half, removing pointless stuff involving the BMW.

Take a look at the original edit, too. It's paced better, I think, and removes a lot of the sappy stuff. I would have cut more, but the edits wouldn't mesh seamlessly. Most of that is because I'm not much of an audio editor.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I glanced at the original cut, specifically to see the "no cuddling scene" and it was better.

I would have cut it:
ELECTRA
"you wouldnt shoot me. you'd miss me"
Bond shoots.
Electra falls back on the bed.
back to Bond.
BOND
"I never miss."
The submarine outside starting to dive.
The balcony as 007 prepares to dive.

I just figure if you're gonna be different, be different.
As far as the audio editing: do have the original score and do mix it in to smooth your audio edits.

You mean you had already cut the caviar factory scene? dios mio!
I started toying with the idea of doing a Bond film cutting out all the stunts and chases.

so what's next?

Tubes

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
To each his own. Bond doesn't really have a reason to shoot Elektra until she doesn't call Renard off, though.

I have 6 movies in the pipeline for editing, with an additional 4 that I am holding off on for various reasons. Up next is Licence Revoked, an edit of the Bond film Licence to Kill. I'll start a thread up on that once I get my cuts finalized.

mr twilight

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Up next is Licence Revoked, an edit of the Bond film Licence to Kill. I'll start a thread up on that once I get my cuts finalized.

Sounds interesting. Have you started it yet?

Tubes

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After Johnny Depp nearly killed my computer, I'm back, with improved software and editing skillz. A recut of Pressure Point is underway, with higher quality video and 5.1 surround sound. And none of the seamless branching.

Watch this space.

Tubes

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
15 minutes in.

Old Cuts: 1) Removed Bond quipping about Cigar Girl's figures
2) Cut Bond/Moneypenny bad punathon

New Cuts: 1) Trimmed pause before Bond uses his hidden asset (flashbang P99).
2) Trimmed Bond dispatching the heavies in banker's office. Cut down lingering shot on exploding P99, cut second gunshot, added muzzle flash to first.
3) Cut Bond's puzzled look before goon gets shot by sniper.
4) Trimmed Bond attempting to stop money bombing.
5) Trimmed Bond getting shot at by Cigar Girl pre-boat chase
6) Trimmed a bit at the beginning of the boat chase

New tech:

Final Cut Pro
DVCPRO50 codec for editing video. Double the bitrate of DV and takes care of the pesky pixelating reds.

Original on left, new on right:

Picture2-1.png

Things that I won't/can't do:

Remove titles
Move main titles earlier

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm definitely interested in this one. I watched the quicktime vid of your first edit and liked a lot of things you did. In particular I LOVED your edit of the assault on Vorkovsky's (sp?) factory, as the edits were seamless. If this edit is even better, I can't complain.

Tubes

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
UPDATE:

I've trimmed the ski chase and shuffled the end credits around a bit.

Current runtime is 116 minutes and that's without touching the major cuts I did last time. So PP3 looks to be a good deal shorter.

Top Bottom