• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Pet Peeve # _____________

g1orkatsos said:
hey! :-D:-D

haha it was more like if my name was "John Brown" if I was just SO LAZY that I decided to write it "john brown" or "john Brown." That just gets on my nerves :p

Pet Peeve #42: People who (I assume) are native English speakers, who make forum posts that are ambiguous and can be easily misinterpreted

Pet Peeve #43 (or whatever): Editors who rate their own edits and give themselves 10/10s on all of them (or 9/10s and 10/10s mixed). It's not against the rules or anything, I just hate seeing that.

Neglify said:
Pet Peeve #43 (or whatever): Editors who rate their own edits and give themselves 10/10s on all of them (or 9/10s and 10/10s mixed). It's not against the rules or anything, I just hate seeing that.

Yes, that is bullshit. Voting for yourself in FEOM, I think is more debatable ok. But reviews & ratings are supposed to be objective from neutral 3rd parties.

Neglify said:

I was actually thinking about this the other day. Wondering how many people make different account names and stuff for the purposes of bolstering their fanedit ratings. Anyway, definitely lame. No one is here for fame or glory (if you are you're in the wrong place!) so I just don't see the point in rating your own edits.

Gatos said:
I was actually thinking about this the other day. Wondering how many people make different account names and stuff for the purposes of bolstering their fanedit ratings.

There have been instances in the past, but from what I can tell nobody is doing that currently.

Gatos said:
Pet Peeve #42: People who (I assume) are native English speakers, who make forum posts that are ambiguous and can be easily misinterpreted

U mad brah ur jelouz mah skilz

I'd have no problem voting for my own fanedit as FEOTM, but rating it just seems wrong and completely unethical.

Pet Peeve #44: I hate blu-ray releases of old movies from studios that have had no proper film restoration work done. Universal is my new favorite studio! http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showt...ts-a-Blu-Ray-restoration!&p=142751#post142751. Thank you for loving your product and our cultural heritage enough to not be cheap about it! I hope this move winds up being financially profitable enough to motivate other studios to do the same.

Pet Peeve #45: Musicians who write self-titled songs that repeatedly reference the band or artist within the lyrics of the song. Music is supposed to be an expression of something emotionally tangible that we all can relate to, not a fucking advertisement.

Pet Peeve #46: Facebook videos from tv networks that are only viewable from within the United States. Don't they realize that people outside the US also watch those shows?

Frantic Canadian said:
Don't they realize that people outside the US also watch those shows?

Wait...they do?!

Pet Peeve #47 Badly formatted/converted ebooks.

Pet Peeve #48 IMDb forum threads where its just two or three pages of

'Post deleted by an administrator'

nOmArch said:
Pet Peeve #48 IMDb forum threads where its just two or three pages of

'Post deleted by an administrator'

Speaking of that...

Pet Peeve #49: The Dark Knight message board on IMDb. The admins erase it completely periodically because it's full of spam. Don't think that you can post anything there without it getting deleted shortly :|

So tempted to delete nOm's post...

Pet Peeve #50: Rehashed political rhetoric that use emotionally charged words meaning nothing, such as "regulation." It's like watching a bad re-run from the 1970's and equally relevant to modern times. It is trolling on a global scale.

geminigod said:
Pet Peeve #50: Rehashed political rhetoric that use emotionally charged words meaning nothing, such as "regulation." It's like watching a bad re-run from the 1970's and equally relevant to modern times. It is trolling on a global scale.

Uh... In English please??? :)

To say "more" or "less regulation" is a pointless all-encompassing statement. Anything and everything the government does is "regulation." So unless one specifies exactly what they believe should be more or less regulated, it is a completely pointless and distracting argument from real issues that matter.

So in basic terms, the governments word spinning crap is a waste of time?

Back
Top Bottom