• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Night of the Walking Dead by ranger613

That metal version of the theme is amazing. :D

I had a bit of time and really liked the idea behind this edit, so I put this together for you. Clickable link to a MUCH larger version.

Edit: And I broke the link....

Edit 2: And I fixed it.

Zagadka said:
Nah, I don't think it'd it.

But I have something for the end credits, as you remember, Ragner ;):

I'll be using this as the end credits. I recognize it from Telltale's Walking Dead--nice reference! Thanks [MENTION=6802]Zagadka[/MENTION]
The game is incredible

roguishronin said:
I had a bit of time and really liked the idea behind this edit, so I put this together for you. Clickable link to a MUCH larger version.

Edit: And I broke the link....

Edit 2: And I fixed it.

I love this--it's awesome! I'll definitely include it in final release, if it is ok with you...

I like the Compendium subtitle, just as I liked Forsaken.. but I'm really leaning towards "Night of the Walking Dead"-- I know its cheesy, but 2 reasons--(1) there is already a similarly titled fanedit series out there, namely Walking Dead: Apocalypse-- a great title but a completely different series. I don't want people mistking 'Compendium' and 'Forsaken' as part of that one. (2) I want to distinguish my series from that one, Season 1+2 = "Night of", Season 3+4.5 (the Governor arc)="Dawn of", Season 4.5-5?=Day of... and so on. It pays homage to Romero in that I consider these edits strictly films. Night/Dawn/Day subtitle is also instantly recognizable to any zombie fan.

Even if you're unable to change the title tho, I love this poster and would be honored if you'd let me use it in the final release. :)
The final cut is coming very soon. Check out this teaser video.

Hm, still not happy with the opening credits.
It still feels as if it is a TV series. And it's too short, it comes out of nowhere. I still think that classic credits on black screen with a new track would do the work.

I agree with Zagadka about the credits being the same as the TV show and too short (never thought I would say that) so it doesn't have that "film" feel. In my opinion, it might be better to create your own credits from scratch, and it shouldn't be that difficult to replicate the shows feel while retaining some distance from it, if that is your goal.

I don't really agree with the credits on a black screen approach, but that, again, is just my opinion.

Zagadka said:
Hm, still not happy with the opening credits.
It still feels as if it is a TV series. And it's too short, it comes out of nowhere. I still think that classic credits on black screen with a new track would do the work.

roguishronin said:
I agree with Zagadka about the credits being the same as the TV show and too short (never thought I would say that) so it doesn't have that "film" feel. In my opinion, it might be better to create your own credits from scratch, and it shouldn't be that difficult to replicate the shows feel while retaining some distance from it, if that is your goal.

I don't really agree with the credits on a black screen approach, but that, again, is just my opinion.

On the one hand I certainly agree with you guys that new credits would be good, but a part of me still wants to keep the original credit sequence--as much as I changed the original narrative, I still get the creeps when the theme and credits kick in--I think they're aweome and classic Walking Dead. I kept them in just to retain some of the feel of the TV show. This may be unpopular but I prefer them. The end credits I chnged tho.

Thanks guys, I'll continue to experiment

The final cut is ready to be uploaded. Clocks in at 177 minutes.

Further changes from previous version:
1. Cut Rick on walkie-talkie
2. Added Morales family departure
3. Added Hanging Zombie scene
4. Added Beth subplot resolution
5. Replaced end credit song with Anadel's "In the Water" (from Telltale Game's Walking Dead). Slowed down end credit speed to match.
6. Trimmed Shaun's bus escape

Nice! I'm pumped to see this. :D

Care for English subtitles to DVD? That will attract those who aren't good in listening :).

Aztek463 said:
Nice! I'm pumped to see this. :D
[MENTION=4575]Aztek463[/MENTION]-- thanks! Finally done. This was actually the very first edit I did this year, and definitely the most ambitious one. The most painful thing was going through the whole project and looking at every snip, because there were a lot of amateurish audio cutting which I made in the original. Revamped the sound as best I could and adjusted the gain for all the audio clips.

The added scenes of beth give the movie more human depth, and the hanging zombie was one of the memorable things from the show which I originally cut but then put back in because it showed how bad the world had gotten.

I'm quite happy with this cut. I hope others like it too! :) thanks for all there help, will pm you when ready
Zagadka said:
Care for English subtitles to DVD? That will attract those who aren't good in listening :).
Hi [MENTION=6802]Zagadka[/MENTION], thats a great idea! I would certainly love to have subtitles as many audio overlaps are hard to hear sometimes. But the only problem I have is how tedious it can be to go through the entire film to add subs individually. although I'd definitely like to do this, I'll try for the next cut of it.

the song you recommended for the end is what I used, thanks!! :)

ranger613 said:
Even if you're unable to change the title tho, I love this poster and would be honored if you'd let me use it in the final release. :)

No problem at all. I save everything as project files, so I have easy access to make changes. This image is actually on a DVD cover art template, so if you want to PM me some particulars, and if you like it, I can help you out with that.

If you want. I don't get offended when people say "no thanks". :D

roguishronin said:
No problem at all. I save everything as project files, so I have easy access to make changes. This image is actually on a DVD cover art template, so if you want to PM me some particulars, and if you like it, I can help you out with that.

If you want. I don't get offended when people say "no thanks". :D

No I love it! Its awesome and I thank you very much for your help doing this, however may I ask for a few changes:

1) that you make this the bluray cover? (a little bluray logo on the bottom or something)
2) A tagline in the bottom... "Survive the Dead". Or something of your choosing
3) Your credit for cover art next to mine-- cover art by roguishronin

Love it man. Thanks!

ranger613 said:
Hi Zagadka, thats a great idea! I would certainly love to have subtitles as many audio overlaps are hard to hear sometimes. But the only problem I have is how tedious it can be to go through the entire film to add subs individually. although I'd definitely like to do this, I'll try for the next cut of it.

Well, just English subtitles would be enough. Or maybe you want me to do this? I mean put the text together cuz I don't know how to put them on DVD ;).

Zagadka said:
Well, just English subtitles would be enough. Or maybe you want me to do this? I mean put the text together cuz I don't know how to put them on DVD ;).

Hi Zagadka, I'm not sure how to do this, because the only way I know is creating an srt file and editing the text as you watch the movie. It is time consuming for sure, and I don't think I have time to do it as I'm finishing up my other edits.

When the srt is finished you could watch the movie on VLC player with the subtitles files loaded and turned on.
The Walking Dead srts can be downloaded for free and you could copy paste and modify the times, but still would have to go through the entire movie in one piece. (I've done this before in the past for an edit of Fritz Lang's Metropolis I was working on years ago)

If you would like to take a shot at doing this (you don't have to), I would say it is hard, but if you think you can do it, go for it. It can only help the movie. But if you decide this, let me know so I can send you the final cut because its 5 mins longer.

Cheers!

My recommendation for subs would be Subtitle Workshop, which has a viewing screen at the top.
Text creation / editing panel below that.
I prefer to use Subtitle Edit, which is more intuitive, and will flag is a sub seems too long, too short, or overlaps another sub.

Confession: I have never created subs, only edited them.

[MENTION=17386]Vultural[/MENTION], that sounds really intuitive. My friend [MENTION=4575]Aztek463[/MENTION] is doing something similar with his Elysium edit.

We could use an srt available online and edit it right?

Back
Top Bottom